View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 The Infestation UPDATE 1.2 TRAITS SYSTEM! 

The Infestation UPDATE 1.2 TRAITS SYSTEM!
TRAITS SYSTEM!

Here is all you need to know about traits and how they function, these are something ive been makin for a while...

Green - Common rank traits

Yellow - Rare rank traits

Purple - Legendary rank traits

Will to die - Isnt bothered by death and will not stress out others when dead

Enlightened - Knows how to help others, doesnt like death

Chainless - Has the might of free will, only serves the infestation lords

Phased mortality - Immortality at the cost of being crushable, actor is invincible but can be crushed into the ground

Shadow walk - Can walk on fire, unnoticable steps, ignored by enemies

Stand Tall - First to fight, doesnt leave anyone behind, stands tall at all times

Bleeding Abyss - Drinks blood but also suffers heavy bleeding

United - Weak alone but strong in numbers, may work the other way around too

Lord of the Cult - Leads armies and summons demons

Immortal - Cant be killed, or it can be partially damaged, usually hard to kill

Tormented - Suffered horrible past, is willing to mutilate anybody

Motorized - Its a piece of machinery which allows travel to mechanisms

Taken - Can be killed easily

Sealed away - Not allowed to be unleashed upon the world

Visionary - Sees thorugh lies and fake hopes, able to see invisible enemies

Explosive - Ability to nuke itself to hurt enemies

Something Big is here!, check out these pictures!

RED ALERT --- RED ALERT --- RED ALERT --- ALL SOLDIERS EVACUATE PLANET NOW ---

Transition from tradestar -- - --

1--- We cant HolLDLDL Much longerer...

2- wOVERUNN

3------ No MoRe -----

4- -- -- - -- - - LET US IN -- - - - -

5- - - - THERES NO ESCAPE NOW -- - -

A picture from a nearby sattelite could tell us what happend...

The gates...

The gates of hell are opening...

And the infestation is growing stronger every second...

Backstory:

The infestation isnt just a race or faction.. Its much more. In fact it could be called a Entity...

But how could one simple entity cause so many problems...

The infestation is an ancient entity capable of turning any weapon or being into part of its legion...

Its capable of superpowering weapons, but in order to do that it has to make certain weapon capabilities worse...

Story:

The infestation has returned, its masters revived and ready to take over any planet they come across... But for that they need a army...
Its first victims are the wurtenberger irregulars... The irregulars and their leader couldnt defend against the plague that the infestation represented.

There were three Infestation warlords, but how could 3 leaders lead one army, it became a problem and the infestation broke up into three legions:

The Vile legion:

- Focusing in speed and damage.

- Dummy Factories give em giant armies.

- Vulnerable soldiers

The Mutalist Legion:

- Focusing in combining void fragments with their mutalist weapons

- Focusing in slow but painfull attacks.

- Strong soldiers

The Infested Legion/Khaos

[ cANnOt bE ScAnNeD ]

- It is believed the infested legion is exterminated, and now consists of khaos cultists and raiders...

- Able to control drones using [color=#FF0000]Hellish Magic

Infested weapons located, found 2, production commencing...[/color]

Here is a complete weapon list--- ( updated with some teasers here too)

There are 2 "Immortals" right now...

The Marionette...

The Titan And friends...

More pics... a compilation of sorts...

Disclaimer:

This is my first mod, if you can call it that.

Most of the sprites are just recolours although i did make some heavy changes to certain sprites.

Most of the .ini is changed ( Its now true! )

The "Flamer" is still WIP, but working better

The mutalist healer doesnt have the right healing sprite, although he still does heal friendly soldiers.

Credits:

1. The irregular mod > wep and actor sprite

2. ACTA mod > sword lua and sprite

Special attacks / Secrets & how to execute them!

1. Umbra

- Let the AI control the actor that is holding the umbra.

- The Umbra will rapidly fire bullets if done so

2: Shaded Void

- Lay down so that the sharp aim wont return after every shot

3. Void Discharger

Has no special attacks but is fully automatic, you will see (hopefully) ingame how the gun works.

Note : if something doesnt work Download the OWI.rte and the ACTA.rte, but everything should work so dont worry.

UPDATES :

1.0!???

[color=#FF0000]- TAKE THE DEAD///TAKE THE DEAD

- New actors!
- A corrupted droid, a mutilated cultist
- a raider
- a brain, he was always there...
- new arrow shooters
- new guns
- new shotgun..

Attachments:
File comment: Custom soundtrack which makes your spine shutter
Custom Soundtrack WIP.zip [1.15 MiB]
Downloaded 1127 times
File comment: Traits system! 1.2
Infested.rar [1.25 MiB]
Downloaded 2854 times

Last edited by darkman945 on Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:37 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:38 pm

Post Re: The Infestation
Hi! I'm looking forward to trying out your mod, but there are things that I must address first.

You must have screenshots to show your work, even if it's still a WIP. This is to allow others to get an idea of what they'll be getting when they download your mod.

Also preferrably, introduce all your actors and weapons in the forum post, it makes it easier for those testing your mod to check each and every actor/weapon/tool/craft without sifting through the pre-game editor.

Question: Did you gain the permission of ACTA's creator (Silent00) and the Irregular mod (I'm assuming Major's Wurttemberg Irregular) to use their actor/weapon sprites? Because it'd leave a good impression on them if you gained their permission I assume.

Just another question too, but with this mod's content, is there any particular reference to Warframe? Just curious. :)

[EDIT]:
Here we go the critique:

Despite claims of two mods that you've based your mod on, the shield used in this mod is based from the Hob Kingdom mod. Perhaps look on this.
In the pre-game editor, I could select the ACTA/Hob Kingdom/whatever segment of the editor and it would come up with the mod itself and your own mod (Infection) underneath with its actors/weapons/shields. You should probably make it a separate faction entirely without relying on the mod bracket (I have no idea if you'd get what I'm saying) although I'm not the one to help since I'm useless at doing this.

Quote:
Most of the .ini is changed
- Where?

There are signs of .ini modifications with some weapons, however I don't notice obvious changes with weapons such as the Void Polaris, it just seems to be a sprite-souped-up Coalition gatling gun. This also goes the same for the actors - the Wurttemburg edit too; I've tested him primarily and he seems to behave similar to the original actor. The Void Craft seems to act the same as the Dummy Rocklet, which makes me confused. There is some .ini work with a few things, but is your mod mostly just resprites of other people's content as well as the vanilla content?

Alright, the sprites could be worked on let's be honest. I've tampered a bit with spriting, but the one rule with spriting is to refrain from using that pitch black colour - especially on the edited Wurttemburg Irregular. The re-sprite on his leg areas with the black colouring doesn't look favourable to the eye. With most spriting for weaponry and actors in CC, less pronounced colours are much more better.

Tips on how to improve: (you're already doing it now!)

-Delve more in .ini work.
-PRACTICE spriting and I mean PRACTICE.
-It's appreciated by many if you make a mod from scratch (scripting doesn't have to be made from scratch though most of the time to save the pain ahaha) rather than pasting other works and respriting it and then claiming it as your own - some consumers don't get very happy when things like this occur.

Overall, for a first mod, it's not bad to be fair since you've developed ground. Although there is definitely work to be done to improve the overall quality of your mod. I'd love to see it. :)

Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:38 pm

Thanks for your criticizm, and thanks for the tips, im still working on spriting and shading, and i need a image site which is reliable... so if ya can tell me a existing one.

But just so you know... im really not sure what does what in the ini files... heres the things that looked logical to me after messing around:

Reload speed - logical

Fire rate - logical

Sharpness - damage?

Goldvalue - cost

Buyable - 0/1

But really id appriciate if ya told me some other changes to ini which wouldnt break the mod

Also the hob shield is a WIP thing, im gonna get a different shiled in the future, placeholder and that, same as the ACTA sword, but the irregualrs probably wont change except for shading in sprites

also thanks!

edit-

Yeah about warframe.... 300 hours isnt much time invested.. right? right??

Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:03 pm

darkman945 wrote:
Thanks for your criticizm, and thanks for the tips, im still working on spriting and shading, and i need a image site which is reliable... so if ya can tell me a existing one.

But just so you know... im really not sure what does what in the ini files... heres the things that looked logical to me after messing around:

Reload speed - logical

Fire rate - logical

Sharpness - damage?

Goldvalue - cost

Buyable - 0/1

But really id appriciate if ya told me some other changes to ini which wouldnt break the mod

Also the hob shield is a WIP thing, im gonna get a different shiled in the future, placeholder and that, same as the ACTA sword, but the irregualrs probably wont change except for shading in sprites

also thanks!

edit-

Yeah about warframe.... 300 hours isnt much time invested.. right? right??

Ahahaha it's alright. You should probably ask the .ini gurus in mod making that would help you out much more than I could, as far as I can go with it is probably as far as you ahaha.

Once you get that moment with your mod when it becomes really well polished, maybe some glow effects would be really interesting with your weapon projectiles! Just throwing it out there since it is infested - and normally a lime green colour comes to mind.

Well 300 hours is a bit I guess? There's people who've played more than I have which is surprising.

I've only been playing for 500+ hours confirmed on Steam, and the rest is off-client.
(offtopic: what is your Warframe IGN? :O)

Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:24 am

Ah, 500 + hrs. daz crazy

My IGN: LetiunantFeron

Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:52 am

darkman945 wrote:
I need a image site which is reliable... so if ya can tell me a existing one.

Imgur's pretty good:

Just register if you haven't, upload the picture, right click the image and select copy image url, put the image link, select it, and then click the button that says img on top of the textbox.

darkman945 wrote:
Sharpness - damage?

I'm not able to access CC's files right now so I wouldn't be able to confirm if there's either a damage value or if damage is the sum of the values in general, but I do remember that the sharpness value represents how much is the bullet going to dig into terrain, maybe if it's sharp enough it will go through actors? It's your mod, have fun with it!

Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:00 pm

Post Re: The Infestation ( Update 0.9.3 )
Since the hence of the name of the "entity" or tech, I've been curious about if this "thing" could infect and turn as their
own units. (pretty much annoying and challenging though)

Anyway, I'd been happy who someone using it my own mod and feel free to use it anyways.

In rp; ACTA would be hard against them since they are low on number and near extinction of their race. A "Machinery's" could lead a threat of their population and they tried to find more Patents to prevent from their losses whoa that's a over acting of my typing

Edit:
You should thanking to the owners with a respective words. just like I do....

Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:27 pm

Post Re: The Infestation ( Update 0.9.3 )
Yeah. I shouldev asked, anyways, would you want a infested ACTA unit, could i make one?

And one of their weapons too, if its right with you...

Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:02 pm

Post Re: The Infestation [ PICTURES ADDED! ] Update 0.9.5
there is a lua thing that can make the enemy AHumans into a your team, I'm not sure how it do it, but there is one mod tech that had but I don't know what is called....

I think the mod should be either B27 between B25. I'm not really sure if its compatible to lua for the newer ones.

in rp: ACTA doesn't affected with pathogenic virals unknowingly by means of. they can really turn into them...

Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:19 am

Silent00 wrote:
there is a lua thing that can make the enemy AHumans into a your team, I'm not sure how it do it, but there is one mod tech that had but I don't know what is called....

I think the mod should be either B27 between B25. I'm not really sure if its compatible to lua for the newer ones.

Would you be talking about Weegee's Psyclones?

Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:42 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Shouldn't that be a simple script though? Like, detect the actor and then actor.Team = self.Team?

IIRC, CaveCricket's psychic stone can do that (not sure if that was the name, but it was a stone that gave you powers like telekinesis and mind control). It should be in his mod compilation, only a forum search away.

Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:19 am

Im not sure, but thats kinda not the point, what youre talking about is controling the enemy soldiers... What im trying to do is making infested units that you control... if i were to add that mind controling thing id have to make em turn into one of my soldiers... Which would be cool... But maaaaan...

Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:10 am

I can think of two ways to do that, off the top of my head.

The easy one would be to make only certain actors infestable, those you've made infested versions of. Then you'd have your infestation bullet check if the actor it hits is one of those infestible actors and, if so, delete it and add an infested version of it, on the shooter's team, in its place.
The first one is obviously pretty limited and not so cool, what would be way cooler (IMO) is changing the actor's team and adding special wounds to it that mimic the infested appearance, as well as any other special stuff needed. This'd be more difficult though, since adding those wounds so that they fit the actor properly in all circumstances would probably be hard.

Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:18 pm

Bad Boy wrote:
I can think of two ways to do that, off the top of my head.

The easy one would be to make only certain actors infestable, those you've made infested versions of. Then you'd have your infestation bullet check if the actor it hits is one of those infestible actors and, if so, delete it and add an infested version of it, on the shooter's team, in its place.
The first one is obviously pretty limited and not so cool, what would be way cooler (IMO) is changing the actor's team and adding special wounds to it that mimic the infested appearance, as well as any other special stuff needed. This'd be more difficult though, since adding those wounds so that they fit the actor properly in all circumstances would probably be hard.

He made a point though. Maybe, if you made infested version of vanilla tech first, before to the other modded techs since lua are difficult to be made.

Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:53 pm

Post Re: The Infestation [ Pics here ] Update 0.9.7
New release, my big bang return, nothing big, but in the meantime, i have created a new expansion to this mod, which might turn into a new mod itself...

If anyone is interested, its about:

Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next