View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Adjoint Faction - The Adjoint Mages Expansion - Discontinued 

Adjoint Faction - The Adjoint Mages Expansion - Discontinued
Welcome to the expansion of The Adjoint Faction.
Introducing: "The Adjoint Mages"

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Backstory:

"Humans haven't figured out where the Adjoint mages came from, or how they even developed a connection to the Mana Vortex."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Lets start with the actual mage shall we?
The:

"Adjoint Mage"
Main Incantation holder, and user. Has a direct link with the "Mana Vortex". Comes equipped with all spells. Except Curse staff.
Incantation and a Spellbearing Adjoint mage, No one actually knows what this "Thing" is made of. No one has come close enough to see that, alive that is.

Currently Available Spells:
Spells:

"Adjoint Mage Tower":

ImageImageImage
(~14.7MB)

Credits:

Link to Adjoint Faction (S.C.R.A.P Faction)
http://forums.datarealms.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=45876

Last edited by RandomCoderZ on Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:20 am, edited 5 times in total.

Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:05 pm

Post Re: Adjoint Faction - The Adjoint Mages Expansion
Live documentation of the mod!

I have no rights to make fun of your mod cause its really great, lemme go into details!

1. The sprite, although just a black cloaked mage with an animated head, serves its purpose well, and looks like Beepin' Death From castlevania!

2. The spells, have a animation to them, the blizzard is just a flipped image doe, but the fire and curse are greatly animated, good job

3. The fire spell makes me look like freaking dracula from Castlevania... +1 for that... and the shockwave is great, and dont even let me start on the blizzard attack...

4. What i liked is that up there, but i believe you should buff the zombie that is spawned via spell...

5. Also make the curse staff cost at least 100-300 $ and the character itself around 500 $

And i wanted to thank you for that scavenger gun you gave me, so i found this awesome theme that your mages could use....

Its the La Mulana Sabbat theme... i hope ya like it...

Tl:Dr You are reading this and should get this mod now

Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:38 pm

Golly, this looks amazing.
Great work on the OP.

EDIT: works great, and its pretty fun to play with, definitely something to permanently add to my CC.
I have only one complaint and that is that the mage drops all of the "spells" on death, or he can drop them. Just doesn't make sense due to the nature of them - they are sorcery, not items.
I have no coding experience, but I suggest making it remove the items if they are being wielded by noone (since they aren't supposed to be physical objects, they are spells), and when wielded by someone else (spells should be wizard only, of course).

Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:20 pm

darkman945 wrote:
Live documentation of the mod!

I have no rights to make fun of your mod cause its really great, lemme go into details!

1. The sprite, although just a black cloaked mage with an animated head, serves its purpose well, and looks like Beepin' Death From castlevania!

2. The spells, have a animation to them, the blizzard is just a flipped image doe, but the fire and curse are greatly animated, good job

3. The fire spell makes me look like freaking dracula from Castlevania... +1 for that... and the shockwave is great, and dont even let me start on the blizzard attack...

4. What i liked is that up there, but i believe you should buff the zombie that is spawned via spell...

5. Also make the curse staff cost at least 100-300 $ and the character itself around 500 $

And i wanted to thank you for that scavenger gun you gave me, so i found this awesome theme that your mages could use....

Its the La Mulana Sabbat theme... i hope ya like it...

Tl:Dr You are reading this and should get this mod now

Firstly, i do not know what castlevania is XD.
About the Blizzard spell overall, i kinda hated it for it was. Kinda abandoned it... But now i have updated it and made completely new spell that represents a "Blizzard" even more. Just download the new file.

I'm planning something else with that zombie, Just temporary for now.

Added a price to the Curse staff.
Increased price on the "Adjoint Mage".

I understand what you thought about that song XD.
But If i would go for a theme song to this mod, i would go for a dark choir.

kikbow wrote:
Golly, this looks amazing.
Great work on the OP.

EDIT: works great, and its pretty fun to play with, definitely something to permanently add to my CC.
I have only one complaint and that is that the mage drops all of the "spells" on death, or he can drop them. Just doesn't make sense due to the nature of them - they are sorcery, not items.
I have no coding experience, but I suggest making it remove the items if they are being wielded by noone (since they aren't supposed to be physical objects, they are spells), and when wielded by someone else (spells should be wizard only, of course).

It's REALLY flattering of you to say that your gonna add it permanently! It makes me extremely glad.

About the part with "Dropping" the spells upon death. Magazines have something called "Discardable = 0/1" Which results in reloading the "Spell/Weapon" the magazine is instantly removed. Sadly this command doesnt work for the Spell/Weapon itself, to make up for that i had to do that they broke upon hitting ground. Also about the dropping... Well its kinda hardcoded into CC that you can drop held items. Nothing i can do something about.
Closest you get to an actor that cant drop its weapon are ACrabs, and i dont want to make ACrab Mages ;_;..

Removing upon dropping can be achieved by using Lua, but seeing how i dont have a bloody idea about Lua.. I cant do this without the help of someone.

Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:46 am

This is awesome! The amount of times a quick sheild spell saved my life is uncountable.

P.S VERY Glad to see that CC and its fan forums are not dead! :)

Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:50 pm

LeoCooper wrote:
This is awesome! The amount of times a quick sheild spell saved my life is uncountable.

P.S VERY Glad to see that CC and its fan forums are not dead! :)

Thanks for liking it!
I've been a lurker since long, It's these last 2 years i started modding Cc.

Damn I'm very happy that there still are CC users too. I love when i see there's a new mod released.
I wish that more people take a look at this game and see that it has extreme potential! I like to see others ideas and what kind of mod they have done :) .

And more feedback and comment on our own mods ^-^

Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:13 pm

Quote:
Thanks for liking it!

You are very welcome, sir! The only problem I have with it is that fireballs bounce off light coaltilition helmets. XD

Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:53 am

Wow those spells are really good and liking it

Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:06 am

LeoCooper wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for liking it!

You are very welcome, sir! The only problem I have with it is that fireballs bounce off light coaltilition helmets. XD

Well, i kinda wanted them to be bouncy XD so yeah there's a possibility to make them bounce where you want them.

Silent00 wrote:
Wow those spells are really good and liking it

Thank you very much, i appreciate it alot.

I kinda had the mod lying around for a while, i thought that i hadnt done enough spells for the mod, or that there was something missing. But i finally released it!

Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:53 pm

This would be sweet if you could enable this for void wanderers compatibility. I'd love to take some Mages through space or perhaps encounter them on the planet :D Im a sucker for void wanderers compatibility.

Otherwise its great mod. Lots of fun to cast all kinds magic at my foes

Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:42 pm

Samscale1 wrote:
This would be sweet if you could enable this for void wanderers compatibility. I'd love to take some Mages through space or perhaps encounter them on the planet :D Im a sucker for void wanderers compatibility.

Otherwise its great mod. Lots of fun to cast all kinds magic at my foes

Yeah I haven't tried void wanderers myself so I wouldn't know xD. I will look into it, but I won't promise anything.

Thanks for liking it, I appreciate it! Look out for possible updates ;)

Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]