View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Global Defense Initiative (R1e) 

Global Defense Initiative (R1e)
Yet another collaboration between Major and Arcalane! :grin:
With great assistance from CaveCricket48, as usual.

GDI assets have finally been deployed to the Tradestar Midas region, hot on the heels of Brotherhood infiltration.

This mod contains two craft, four actors, eleven weapons, and two explosives! It contains full, out-of-the-box support for Unmapped Lands 2 (and Void Wanderers by proxy), Unmapped Lands, and Warfare.

You can read more about the GDI arsenal by viewing this document. I strongly recommend doing so, as it'll give you a good idea of what to expect when up against the GDI.

Ed: Updated to R1a. This is a battery (ahahaha) of fixes for the XMPIC, adjusting its price and the beam range, adding a charging sound, and fixing the fact its ion cells ejected forwards rather than backwards.

Ed2: Updated to R1b. This should fix infantry/brain issues with UL2.

Last edited by Arcalane on Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:40 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:20 am
Profile YIM

Post Re: Global Defense Initiative(.rte) R1a
I'm kinda having trouble using them in UL2 with one of their actors being invisible (Recon infantry) and the brain unit not appearing and instantly showing my defeat when attacking an enemy's land.

Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:17 am

Post Re: Global Defense Initiative(.rte) R1a
I'll upload a fixed version in a moment. In the meantime, open up GDI.rte/FactionFiles/UL2/Factions/GDI.lua and replace the contents of that file with this;

This should fix the invisible infantry and hopefully the brain issue. If it doesn't fix the latter I have no idea what's going on.

Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:38 am
Profile YIM

Post Re: Global Defense Initiative(.rte) R1b
Thx, but the 'DEAD' Screen still appears when I enter battle though.

The Invi actor has been solved and the officer appears in battle now.

Also, I see this error when i open up the console whenever I enter battle as GDI in UL2

ERROR: UnmappedLands2.rte/Scripts/Tactics.lua:1425: attempt to perform arithmetic on the field 'LastIncomeShowtime' (a nil value)

Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:56 am

Hm. It looks like the GDI Officer is spawning but isn't being considered a Brain by the game? That's strange. I'll keep poking around and see what I can dig up.

Ed: This problem seems to be shared by the Brotherhood, I need to talk to weegee I guess. In the mean time they should still be compatible with Void Wanderers.

Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:09 pm
Profile YIM

This mod just is yelling for my DL, the actors look great atm, although i would love some outlines ( ya know what i mean )

This and the brotherhood mod are great, so i just wanted to number some pros and cons.

Pros : Great artwok, greatly usable but not too op, actors look like Corpus crewmen which is a automatic like from me...

Cons : Kinda too squishy for my liking (opinion) unlike their robotic look, and my last gripe is that the tanky character that has that giant Steel helm - the colour of the helm doesnt kinda fit well with his shirt / jacket / suit

Anyways, its a great mod overall!

7.8/8

Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:10 pm

If Zone Troopers were much tougher, they'd be overpowered. It's important to remember that despite their appearance, there is still a predominantly flesh-and-flood human inside that suit unlike Nod's cyborgs. That said, they were using the wrong entrywound type, so I've fixed that. The helmet will almost certainly look awful if recoloured though, so I'm not touching that.

Next fix will roll out when I can get in touch with weegee and iron out the UL2 issue. For the time being, avoid playing as or against the GDI in UL2. :???:

As for future plans, we're looking at offering base defense options for both factions.

Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:22 pm
Profile YIM

Post Re: Global Defense Initiative(.rte) R1c
Release 1c:
* [ACTORS] Fixed Zone Troopers having the wrong entrywounds.
* [ACTORS] Buffed Officers up to use the Elite entrywound type, so they're slightly more durable. Slightly.
* [WEAPONS] Increased power on the GDMPR, adjusted the projectile FX.
* [MISC] Fixed UL2/VW faction file.

Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:54 pm
Profile YIM

Post Re: Global Defense Initiative (R1c)
Major mods= Awesome
Arcalane mods= Awesome
Major+Arcalane= OMG :grin: :shock:

Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:43 pm

edit: Derp, Problem not solved, GDI and Nod Dropships don't seem to be appearing for me when I call for Reinforcements in UL2.

Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:01 am

Cracker wrote:
edit: Derp, Problem not solved, GDI and Nod Dropships don't seem to be appearing for me when I call for Reinforcements in UL2.

Brotherhood info looks fine, although I forgot to change the module reference for the GDI one. The price for both should be 300. Type and name seem to be fine though, so I'm not sure what's going on there. :???: I'll see if I can work this out with weegee. Faction files have never given me grief before.

Ed: Okay, looks like it's a case-specificness issue. The game expects ACDropShip but I was providing ACDropship. :roll:

Pushing updates to the GDI and Brotherhood shortly. This also fixes mispriced GDI weapons in UL2, mispriced dropships, and misc. amendments to bits of GDI/Brotherhood weaponry.

Ed2:

Release 1d:

* [WEAPONS] Tuned the XMPIC's assorted beam particles.
* [WEAPONS] Weight adjustments for pistols.
* [MISC] Fixed UL2/VW faction file for real this time hopefully maybe. Also fixed a number of items having the wrong prices.
* [ACTORS] Fixed durability on the Officer's beret to more appropriate levels.

Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:52 pm
Profile YIM

Post Re: Global Defense Initiative (R1d)
I very much like this, some fun weapons and Major's sprites are as fine as ever.

Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:56 am

Concept/WIP for an upcoming GDI heavy MG turret design;

The base unit is partially embedded into the floor, like so;

Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:07 pm
Profile YIM

I'm loving the GDI and Nod mods to death. :grin: It'd be awesome if you were to make some bunker bits for each and some civies for decoration and scenes. I'd love to see a Nod or GDI governed city scene with their own civilians to protect. Having bunker bits and civies would cause some interesting modifications to the maps. I know you don't like making vehicles (WH40k mod tells me that), but a civie car and a light vehicle for each faction would be great. I would be fine with a car, bunker bits for the respectable factions, and civilian actors. I'm loving the potential, and keep up the greatness.

Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:32 pm

With Cave's help I managed to track down and fix a minor bug with the ion cannon that was making it behave oddly on wrapping maps, so that'll be fixed in the next release. We also fixed the proxy grenades being set off by dropped guns.

Major has also picked up some new spriting techniques and is slowly overhauling things. Preview of the new GDI Infantry;

We probably won't be putting all the new sprites into play until everything is updated, so that things don't clash too badly.

Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:39 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next