View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 NEON Faction Machinations (B31) - Discontinued 

NEON Faction Machinations (B31) - Discontinued

-=Hello there fellow forum members, and guests=-

So...
Before i started making this mod, i thought: "I wanted to make something different."
I wanted to make a mod with alot of glows, different weapons and just plainly rave-ish like.

Here's what my idea actually came up to be:

(Actor/Items/Tools/Craft)

Actor: The Neon Robot
Neon Robot! Made from a material called Plasticide. Found by combining Plastic, Coal, Composite and Cloth.
He has an equalizer on his back.
(It doesn't sync with music or any sound. It is just for show...)

Items:

NeonBox:
Shoots a Projectile that emits lots of Neon-Like particles. Its NeonBox!

UGun:
First weapon to use Stable Anti-materia and Water-Plasma in the same Fusion Core.
Shifts between 56 colors continously.

LTS:
Laser Trailing System, Made for the pew pew's.

PowerSlam:
Completely "rock" your enemies with this PowerSlam

BigB:
Let the enemies know that they are alive... For a second! Extremely heavy. Extreme cooldown. Extreme death.

Tool: Sonic Duplex
Music player that uses SuperSonic waves to break off dirt. Plays: "Brooklyn bounce - Club Bizarre"

Craft: FireFly Class-D12
Neon's Standard Space and Aircraft, Uses Levitating technology to stay in air and therefore doesn't have any vulnerable engines.

-->Image<--
(~11.2MB)

Last edited by RandomCoderZ on Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:39 pm

Post Re: NEON Faction Machinations (B31)
Hehe this is pretty entertaining, the guitar is definitely the best weapon. I'd love to see more music guns and some more unique sort of actor.

Also, it seems a bit weird how things don't get noticeable wounds or lose health but instead just die, maybe because of that some of the stuff seems overpriced.

Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:43 pm

Bad Boy wrote:
Hehe this is pretty entertaining, the guitar is definitely the best weapon. I'd love to see more music guns and some more unique sort of actor.

Also, it seems a bit weird how things don't get noticeable wounds or lose health but instead just die, maybe because of that some of the stuff seems overpriced.

Thank you for liking. I appreciate it.

I actually made a limited edition "Ready to rock" edition guitar that hasnt been included, and i dont think it will either. It has a .wav on 40 mb XD, dont think i want to include that(It makes no damage, only plays music).

I kinda thought that the plasticide material kinda consumed all the bullets in its material, so then the woundlimit would do its job. Basically i wanted them to stay as "fresh" as possible while still being able to die. But sadly this also enables you to send the character back to space and buy a new one for the same money, but hey who want to struggle just to get a new fresh robot??

Reason why the costs of the weaps is so high... They're kinda overpowered considering how weak some vanilla weapons are.

Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:28 pm

Haha epic guitar duels in CC would be great. Add an activity where you have to play some sort of music minigame for your fight and it'd be perfect.

My issue is you have no idea how close to dead your actor is - what you could do instead for the actors is put a scriptpath for the wounds that, on create, subtracts some amount of health from the actor, then deletes the wound.
The guns are probably fine not showing wounds, if their wound count gets increased - a lot of them are pretty large and take a lot of bullets whether you like it or not, and since you don't know how damaged they are you can't try to protect them.

Fair enough about the costs, they are pretty strong, it's just the difficulty of knowing when they're going to break that I find difficult to handle.

Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:10 pm

Bad Boy wrote:
Haha epic guitar duels in CC would be great. Add an activity where you have to play some sort of music minigame for your fight and it'd be perfect.

My issue is you have no idea how close to dead your actor is - what you could do instead for the actors is put a scriptpath for the wounds that, on create, subtracts some amount of health from the actor, then deletes the wound.
The guns are probably fine not showing wounds, if their wound count gets increased - a lot of them are pretty large and take a lot of bullets whether you like it or not, and since you don't know how damaged they are you can't try to protect them.

Fair enough about the costs, they are pretty strong, it's just the difficulty of knowing when they're going to break that I find difficult to handle.

About the activity, never tried making one so i have no idea atm how to make one.

Updated mod, made the actor tougher and added emission damage. Now you'll be able to see how "dead" he is XD. Note that vital shots to body and head can still end his life faster.

Will change weapon toughness in a future update.
Thanks for testing my mod and for helping me improve it. Your opinion means much. :)

Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:52 pm

Yeah, it's a fair deal of work and lua scripting, I was mostly kidding. If you do want to get into it though, weegee's posted a great set of tutorials in Scene Making you should take a look at.

Glad to hear the actor's tougher and has visible life now, that should make this a little more effective. I'm looking forward to the same with the weapons.
Happy to help, I know how helpful it is to get feedback on things you make.

Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]