View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Heroes Mod 

Post Heroes Mod
Updated Post: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=46090

Last edited by Tiger on Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:58 pm

Post Re: Unofficial Heroes Mod (Deathmatch)
Wow. Just wow. I'm really happy to see you use 4 assets from my Adjoint mage mod and keeping the name and sounds of the spells and levitation. Though i see you also included some backup files and one of my unused levitation AEmitter. (Which was going to be a feature in a future update but i never made that update...)
The way you put them together with other stuff from other mods and make them work well together is really awesome! Like how my Arcen shield and the Ice fall spell works together.
You basically put my blizzard spell as her main ability which is also very awesome!
Also you made a great video on how you use them together with cool effects and animations. + On that. :)

To be honest i was a bit puzzled due to the fact you put it into a .exe? Basically you made a .exe installer for one single .ini file...
I scanned it with Virustotal and it displayed positive with Trojan / Backdoor.
Heres the Scan result from Virustotal:
https://virustotal.com/en/file/15350748868fe190a6aa30f7e5ad192fad7a7cd5cdc1f2154fb236f8f658407c/analysis/1470164052/
Also that i had to open every single video to install each character was a bit stupid.
I opened it with sandboxie first because of the scan, but even though i installed all the characters i get a error message when i start.

This Rte abortion.
Code:
---------------------------
RTE Aborted! (x_x)
Could not match property Error happened in Heroes.rte/Devices/Grenades/Hybrid Grenade/Effects/Misc.ini at line 434!

The last frame has been dumped to 'abortscreen.bmp'

You can copy this message with Ctrl+C
OK   

Looking into it i saw i needed to disable this in the "Misc.ini" ...:
Code:
   LoudnessOnGib = 0//0.1

...To make it work.

Now when i finally could try it out it was pretty nice, you may have to make some few tweaks, some of these mods you added together is some i have never tried.
I accidentally nuked myself when i tried the "Rocket" for the first time.

I understand its cool to have a exe and it might make it easier in some cases... But my advice is that you upload a zipped file instead of a installer, so most routined people can just install it their way. (Like i want to XD)

It really feels like a quality mod and its cool that you made something from every bit and piece of other mods to make a complete one!
But yeah, great mod. Im really flattered you made a character based on my assets. But just give us links on this page and zipped Rte folders instead in the future! :grin:

PS. I'm glad there still are people that are on this forum. Even though its mostly dead.. Oh and did i say i liked the videos?

Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:02 pm

Looks totally epic!
But i suggest to change blizzard repeating animation to glows in the hands, Or pulsating ice spikes covering the hands, or just nothing.

Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:48 pm

:)

Last edited by Tiger on Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:41 am

RandomCoderZ wrote:
Wow. Just wow. I'm really happy to see you use 4 assets from my Adjoint mage mod and keeping the name and sounds of the spells and levitation. Though i see you also included some backup files and one of my unused levitation AEmitter. (Which was going to be a feature in a future update but i never made that update...)
The way you put them together with other stuff from other mods and make them work well together is really awesome! Like how my Arcen shield and the Ice fall spell works together.
You basically put my blizzard spell as her main ability which is also very awesome!
Also you made a great video on how you use them together with cool effects and animations. + On that. :)

To be honest i was a bit puzzled due to the fact you put it into a .exe? Basically you made a .exe installer for one single .ini file...
I scanned it with Virustotal and it displayed positive with Trojan / Backdoor.
Heres the Scan result from Virustotal:
https://virustotal.com/en/file/15350748868fe190a6aa30f7e5ad192fad7a7cd5cdc1f2154fb236f8f658407c/analysis/1470164052/
Also that i had to open every single video to install each character was a bit stupid.
I opened it with sandboxie first because of the scan, but even though i installed all the characters i get a error message when i start.

This Rte abortion.
Code:
RTE Aborted! (x_x)
Could not match property Error happened in Heroes.rte/Devices/Grenades/Hybrid Grenade/Effects/Misc.ini at line 434!

The last frame has been dumped to 'abortscreen.bmp'

You can copy this message with Ctrl+C
OK   

Looking into it i saw i needed to disable this in the "Misc.ini" ...:
Code:
   LoudnessOnGib = 0//0.1

...To make it work.

Now when i finally could try it out it was pretty nice, you may have to make some few tweaks, some of these mods you added together is some i have never tried.
I accidentally nuked myself when i tried the "Rocket" for the first time.

I understand its cool to have a exe and it might make it easier in some cases... But my advice is that you upload a zipped file instead of a installer, so most routined people can just install it their way. (Like i want to XD)

It really feels like a quality mod and its cool that you made something from every bit and piece of other mods to make a complete one!
But yeah, great mod. Im really flattered you made a character based on my assets. But just give us links on this page and zipped Rte folders instead in the future! :grin:

PS. I'm glad there still are people that are on this forum. Even though its mostly dead.. Oh and did i say i liked the videos?

Hello Friend.
You are one of the creators of mods that I'm a fan.
This can be a simple game more part of my life and lived good moments in it thanks to you.
For me this game never dies.

I created the installer to force people to watch the videos.
Example: In the case of Rocket, people simply would find that it is defective and would not know that it flies and attacks very well from the top as shown in the video. Also not know that all the characters have a main weapon is that they use throughout the trailer as they walk into the arms circle.

I reinstalled the game and the Mod and did not detect this error you said.
I'll be watching it.

As for viruses, I'm sorry. I really did not know I had.
Tomorrow I'll change the links if I can.

Now I need your help again.

I would like to know more about your experience playing this mod and also if you understand the story of each character.

I am Brazilian and I do not speak English. I used Google Translader to the texts and also used to read your writing this response.

Thanks for everything.

PS: You talked about Emitters, LOL. I'm not a programmer.
I do not understand a lot of the programming of this game .. I just had an idea and did everything for it to happen. You do not know the job I had.
I also did not know-do videos as I did for each character. I had
to learn everything. Why it was so important to listen to all that I heard from you.
Why I tried hard

Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:42 am

Quote:
Hello Friend.
You are one of the creators of mods that I'm a fan.
This can be a simple game more part of my life and lived good moments in it thanks to you.
For me this game never dies.

I created the installer to force people to watch the videos.
Example: In the case of Rocket, people simply would find that it is defective and would not know that it flies and attacks very well from the top as shown in the video. Also not know that all the characters have a main weapon is that they use throughout the trailer as they walk into the arms circle.

I reinstalled the game and the Mod and did not detect this error you said.
I'll be watching it.

As for viruses, I'm sorry. I really did not know I had.
Tomorrow I'll change the links if I can.

Now I need your help again.

I would like to know more about your experience playing this mod and also if you understand the story of each character.

I am Brazilian and I do not speak English. I used Google Translader to the texts and also used to read your writing this response.

Thanks for everything.

PS: You talked about Emitters, LOL. I'm not a programmer.
I do not understand a lot of the programming of this game .. I just had an idea and did everything for it to happen. You do not know the job I had.
I also did not know-do videos as I did for each character. I had
to learn everything. Why it was so important to listen to all that I heard from you.
Why I tried hard

I'm happy you like my mods!
Aha i then I understand why you made the installer, watching the video really shows a good way to play each character.

I've played this game for years, I've done many mods too. Some are uploaded and some are not existing today. (Deleted them)
I agree that this game won't ever die. I still like this game and appreciate the easiness of it.
I still make mods and I have one big mod that im working on from time to time.
I wish these forums were more crowded...

I agree that people would think the "Rocket" character is defect. But as you said if he is used correctly he can be very effective.
About the scan and the viruses, the results showing there are not definite and can just be false alarm. I don't think you need to worry.

About the story and history, I love your concept and I would love to see the villains! I guess they're robotic considering the story. Looking forward to seeing that!
I understand that you have to use translator to read this and I hope it will translate in a way thats most understandable.
If you would like some help cleaning up the mod or making some edits I can help you out. (Except Lua.. I barely understand Lua)

Good job on the hard work! I look forward to next update!

Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]