View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Gamma Task Force (female faction) 

Post Gamma Task Force (female faction)
So this my second lazy mod.
I worked a little more on this one but, just like the last one, this is a built from an already existing faction, the Ronin this time.

So they are pretty much girl soldiers that do soldier stuff I guess (I'm not good at coming up with lore)
I feel like the game lacked females so If you feel the same way or just want to bash some girl on the head or even get bashed by them go ahead and give it a shot!

ACTORS!

GTF Trooper
just an average armored girl soldier.

GTF Tanker
If you cant tell by the name, this is a heavy unit, that (much like the Ronin) usualy comes with a helmet

GTF Sharpshooter
A unit with pretty good aiming abilities. (I might have overdone it tbh)

GUNS!

Pretty much every Ronin gun with the GDF brand. I just changed a few thing on the revolver, M60, AK, Glock, RPG, Chainsaw and Shovel (turned the last two into a cooler looking thing).
I also changed the rocks into Throwing Knives.

Anyways...
I hope you enjoy playing with it as much as I enjoyed making it!

Thanks!

Download --> https://mediafire.zendesk.com/attachments/token/e58JzXugk4VyI1LJO3c75fLTf/?name=GTF.rte.rar

Last edited by breakwarp11 on Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:37 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:12 pm

Post Re: Gamma Task Force (female faction)
Looks nice, but where is the download link?

Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:25 pm

I really like the sprites, they are well made. I really love those edges on the shovel and chainsaw. But yeah where's the download link.. :???:

Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:12 pm

I completely forgot to add the download link!
How could I forget the most important part of a mod post?
Sorry guys, I'm updating it.

Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:13 pm

breakwarp11 wrote:
I completely forgot to add the download link!
How could I forget the most important part of a mod post?
Sorry guys, I'm updating it.

Okay downloaded now and tried it out. I like how you changed sounds on both the chainsaw and shovel to something more fitting to what you want them to be. Also that you added the female sounds from GTA V, makes it more realistic. I like how you made the rock to a throwing knife. I love your sprites, as i said before. The helmets and torso's look really sick. I also like the small details added on the guns.
The rifle was a bit too dark, i think.

I think their walkpath looks weird. They have slim legs, which makes it sometimes look like they have extremely big heads when they get a helmet on. Without a helmet it looks okay.
In effects folder you have placed sounds which is a copy from the original ronin, I think its unnecessary to include these if you haven't changed them. In the code let them use their original path to ronin instead of copying them. (Yes you changed the shovel and the chainsaw, but you didn't have to include the others in there).
Same with the gibs, I cant see any changes made in the gibs.
Same with the Lua, could have been copied as a filepath to ronin unless you made changes to those.
Were you supposed to make some RTF crafts? The craft folder is empty.

Did i just find your easter-egg? XD You resprited the antigravity chocolate but didnt make it buyable XD.

Oh and also in Forum description they dont have the same names as ingame, "GDF Trooper", "GDF Tanker", "GDF Sharpshooter".

Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:55 pm

The reason I chose to make the legs slim is due to the fact that it makes looks a bit more elegant and yeah you're right, they really contrast with the size of the head when wearing the helmet... I just really wanted to make sure that their heads would not "leak" out of the helmet.
I also could have, indeed, deleted the unused stuff in the mod, the thing is I really didnt have the patience to go through that... I know it's unprofessional and I guess a little bit dumb but it could originate crashes and whatnot that I would have to go back and fix... My bad.
About the GDF instead of GTF, that was a mistake.
Anyhow, thank you for the feedback! and I might upload a version without all the unused stuff and the "GDF" thing fixed.
And thanks for liking my sprites too!

I guess donuts are pretty good right?
:wink:

Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:18 pm

breakwarp11 wrote:
The reason I chose to make the legs slim is due to the fact that it makes looks a bit more elegant and yeah you're right, they really contrast with the size of the head when wearing the helmet... I just really wanted to make sure that their heads would not "leak" out of the helmet.
I also could have, indeed, deleted the unused stuff in the mod, the thing is I really didnt have the patience to go through that... I know it's unprofessional and I guess a little bit dumb but it could originate crashes and whatnot that I would have to go back and fix... My bad.
About the GDF instead of GTF, that was a mistake.
Anyhow, thank you for the feedback! and I might upload a version without all the unused stuff and the "GDF" thing fixed.
And thanks for liking my sprites too!

I guess donuts are pretty good right?
:wink:

Sorry for coming on to hard, this will maybe help you when you make another mod :).
I've already figured out you can draw, which is a plus when making sprites and stuff. So yeah they are quality. I'm looking forward to when you make a mod of your own. :)

Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:35 pm

Congratulations on mod. I'll play it as soon as I can.
Draw the sprites is laborious most is pretty cool is not it?
I was hours making a female face to a character more was very good.

Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:05 am

TBH this feels like a step back from your previous mod. The actor sprites need a lot of polish and the weapons are barely changed from the originals. You obviously have talent and vision but neither are really coming through here. I mean, if you're having fun then that's the most important thing! But I think you might get more satisfaction out of making smaller, more polished mods.

Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]