View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Myskoplex 

Post Myskoplex
Myskoplex

Hello, Welcome to the long awaited mod Myskoplex.
Myskoplex is a race which first was a concept by the creator of Cortex Command. However i decided to make my vision of Myskoplex and this is the result.

The Official Description of Myskoplex:
"The Myskoplex is an advanced species or entity which appears to be neutral. However, all ships and stealth probes sent within a hundred light years of Myskoplex space have been destroyed swiftly."

Myskoplex has advanced weaponry, all weapons has their own display for increased help in combat. This renders all Myskoplex weapons to have a laser guide to help aiming.

I made a map called "Myskoplex Homeworld" This is my first time making a map so don't expect too much. But i am pretty happy with the end result of this.

Please enjoy, put in hard time and effort to make this.
I also want to thank all my friends for the help and support in making this.

Screenies:

Myskoplex Wallpaper: http://i.imgur.com/q2dfjNP.jpg

Changelog:
Code:
[03/11 -16] [R:2]
+ Added Loadouts to make the mod metagame compatible (Thanks Hypaiva)
+ Added Ri (Grenade)
+ Added Pc (Grenade)
+C Made both the cyborg Myskoplex and normal versions blood glowy.
+C Added a few effects and sounds.

Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:36 pm

Post Re: Myskoplex
I really like your mod bro! The effects look really good and it seems pretty balanced so far. I especially love the insect wing jetpack! Its so sexy. I do have one complaint though. The sharp aim legnth on the Ry seems a bit long. Other than that it's pretty great! Keep up the good work!

Edit: Oh and the Myskans either need to be shorter or have better crawlpaths because they have a really hard time moving around in bunkers.

Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:09 pm

Cool mod. If you would like help with basic coding, spriting, or writing a backstory, I would be willing to help.
Also, a suggestion. The basic unit is kinda squishy. Buffing the basic infantry gun slightly, since effectiveness seems to decrease over range, may make it slightly more balanced.

Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:08 am

CaptainFlynn wrote:
I really like your mod bro! The effects look really good and it seems pretty balanced so far. I especially love the insect wing jetpack! Its so sexy. I do have one complaint though. The sharp aim legnth on the Ry seems a bit long. Other than that it's pretty great! Keep up the good work!

Edit: Oh and the Myskans either need to be shorter or have better crawlpaths because they have a really hard time moving around in bunkers.

Thanks! Yeah i like to do unique stuff. Was a great success to make wings in CC, I had some issues with them before release though. Nothings thats fixed tho.
The aimlenght can easily be fixed, thanks for the notice.

They werent made to walk normal bunkers XD.

johiah wrote:
Cool mod. If you would like help with basic coding, spriting, or writing a backstory, I would be willing to help.
Also, a suggestion. The basic unit is kinda squishy. Buffing the basic infantry gun slightly, since effectiveness seems to decrease over range, may make it slightly more balanced.

Thank you. I'll keep that in mind if i need help.
The basic unit is squishy because he is made of myskan-flesh, Much like normal flesh is fragile, so is the myskans. Also he doesn't have any type of armor at all.
Tried shooting a bit closer with Ry? Its a mediumrange weapon. Because Anyi is made for all your long range needs ^^.

Also,
I update all my mods more frequently on the steam workshop. If you have CC there, download them from there ^^.

Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:11 pm

The main problem with a medium ranged gun is, with normal guns, they can still do the same damage at long range but they miss more. The myskoplex weapons simply do less damage, as well as still missing. Just seems somewhat unbalanced to me.

I could be wrong, but it seems that the plasma does less damage at a farther range.

Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:55 pm

johiah wrote:
The main problem with a medium ranged gun is, with normal guns, they can still do the same damage at long range but they miss more. The myskoplex weapons simply do less damage, as well as still missing. Just seems somewhat unbalanced to me.

I could be wrong, but it seems that the plasma does less damage at a farther range.

The plasma does less damage at further range. high values of air threshold and air resistance makes them less op the further they go, this was one of those things i did to lower its op-iness. It was rather rapey before i did so.

I'll certainly consider a buff on the Ry and Anyi sometime then, ill see if i can buff it a little.

Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:16 pm

This is esoteric. I'd like it more if it seemed like the other factions, in my honest opinion. I do applaud you for doing something out of the ordinary. Keep making giant things.
Edit: I forgot to mention your pictures don't do your mod justice. They look a lot nicer than the pictures show, but they're very grainy.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]