View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 [Mod Contest Entry] Bugger Tech 

[Mod Contest Entry] Bugger Tech
Have you ever wanted a giant space beetle as a friend? Today is your day.

We here at Bugger Tech have tamed several flying space beetles for your pleasure. They're well trained, and capable of transporting cargo in their mouths! Quite a marvel, really.
Don't worry about cleaning up after them either, as when they die their body liquefies into a rather acidic substance. Quite handy, that.

We've even managed to harvest several of their explosive zits for weaponization. We've created a launcher that should be more than suitable for dispatching lightly armored targets.

This mod, of course, uses no lua files. The thing being a big dumb bug, the creature is incapable of any thought a script would provide, surely. With intelligence this low, you should feel no remorse in sending it to its demise using our premier mind control implants.

Why does a space beetle need wings? We'll leave that one for you to figure out.

Attachment:
BuggerFv4.3.zip [568.19 KiB]
Downloaded 752 times

Old Version:

Last edited by CrazyMLC on Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:06 am, edited 4 times in total.

Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:37 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: [Mod Contest Entry] Bug Ship
Oh its realy interesting dropship. Its able to make some factions like "Bugs from deep deep space fire dat lazor bdaaaa!"
I can add gib and delete yellow and white particles from original dropship.

Listen, you need that baby? Can i take it for... Experiments?

Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:14 pm

Post Re: [Mod Contest Entry] Bugger Tech
Looks alot alike my Myskoplexian Creature from Myskoplex.
It also works the same.

Nice work on the animation for the wings. I like it.
Maybe you could have made the stabilization thrusters have invisible particles.

Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:44 pm

I assume you mean they explode? Actors/Craft as grenades isn't a very original idea unfortunately. In fact, I made a faction based on that concept back in 2008. It wasn't necessarily a good mod, but I'll blame being 13 at the time for that.
I did it again for this mod because I didn't have time to make gibs that I thought would be satisfying. Something needed to happen, since I knew I couldn't have it just blink out of existence. Exploding also fit well with my initial concept of having attachable grenades on a craft that can be shot to explode in retaliation.
I suppose on a superficial level they do look similar, insofar as being insect themed. Quite different physiques and colors though, since mine is more based off of flies/bees and Myskoplex seems to be based off of mantises?

Thanks. It took a grueling 5 minutes in GIMP with the perspective tool!

They aren't invisible, though. It needs a way to reorient itself in space, so it expels fluid out of those and other holes when it needs to. Think sort of like a whale blowhole in basic appearance, except for maneuvering. In no way had I made myself too crunched for time to make custom retro thrusters a priority.

Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:48 pm
Profile WWW

That is one long reply. Thanks! Yeah I just thought they worked the same. Although you really made that sprite alot better than what i did on my creature.

I wasnt too sure what colors or shapes it shouldve had, so i just made something similar to the actors.
I also had alot of issues with the wings at the time not showing up so i was kind of tired of the mod to be honest, and i just wanted to finish it.

Whale blowholes xD, perfect!
I have no idea what the myskoplexian creature would resemble to be honest.
But either way good job on the mod.

Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]