View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8050 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 537  Next
 Art Dump 

Post Re: Art Dump
Hey Robolee,about your new faction (since they look like worms) you should make it that when they die,they spawn little wormlets.Those wormlets are slow and bleed out quickly,but can be used as a last resort.I mean I can seriously see those dudes spliting into smaller creatures.

Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:06 am
Profile YIM

They should be able to tunnel underground and get gold. And if the enemy doesnt see you somehow you can eat his legs off.

Which is basically digging them off.

Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:57 am
Profile WWW

gobbo_the_civet wrote:
We prefer quality over quantity, sorry.

Did you even look at my art wurks? Just because there are many doesn't mean I put no effort into them.
Don't put me down when you haven't even posted any art. Honestly.

Also, you sound like the hive mind by saying "we", all I asked is for some crits or comments instead of +1 post count anti-me words.

Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:27 pm

I'm not saying you haven't put any effort in it. An awefull artist can put as much effort in something as he wants, its still going to turn out bad at best.

Why do you think I need to make art myself to criticize your art? I can tell somebody his or her choice of clothing sucks, without having to wear clothing myself. Plus, you're not paying attention to the other threads, as I did post some drawning there.

I'm saying "we" as I know that most members here like the art to be a concept or a backbone to a story, that and that nobody else reacted to your list of pictures.

Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:34 pm

gobbo_the_civet wrote:
I'm not saying you haven't put any effort in it. An awefull artist can put as much effort in something as he wants, its still going to turn out bad at best.

Why do you think I need to make art myself to criticize your art? I can tell somebody his or her choice of clothing sucks, without having to wear clothing myself. Plus, you're not paying attention to the other threads, as I did post some drawning there.

I'm saying "we" as I know that most members here like the art to be a concept or a backbone to a story, that and that nobody else reacted to your list of pictures.

I doubt you can speak for all people in this forum though. Your comment was snidely and rude and offered nothing to what I asked, and was ridiculously in place. Also I think that you should post your art here and that discussion of someone else's art spanning over a couple pages is kinda unproductive.
"I'll show you my art if you show me yours."

Oh and I do object to the comment that most people here like art with a short novel attached to it, explaining what's going on but I made a little concept to a scandanvian/inuit style race that would've been organic and had separated from the main of human expansion and be a "lost" race that everone else seeks to destroy. When I release it )eventually) the mod will have a scene with crystals/oil to replace gold and several different weapons to go along with them.
Here you go, you wiener.

Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:09 am

Space Eskimos?I know this makes no sense but make a penguin mech to go along XD

Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:00 pm
Profile YIM

Vash wrote:
Space Eskimos?I know this makes no sense but make a penguin mech to go along XD

I'm not suggesting you should do this, I'm ordering you to :) . Make it like the one in Metal Chaos old avatar.

Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:45 pm
Profile WWW

Was that so hard? People reply to your art now, because you did exacly as I told you to. Though I would preffer you to simply ask for advice next time, instead of getting angry.

For the diamonts and oil instead of gold: Its not possible to make it work and look good at the same time. 'cuz when the cristal will be destroyed by the digger, it will turn into yellow pixels.

Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:06 pm

Location: outside the shithole called the University in the Forest
gobbo_the_civet wrote:
Was that so hard? People reply to your art now, because you did exacly as I told you to. Though I would preffer you to simply ask for advice next time, instead of getting angry.

Oh my my, you do have a high opinion of yourself for a person who seems to be a naked hobo-
gobbo_the_civet wrote:
I can tell somebody his or her choice of clothing sucks, without having to wear clothing myself.

Don't style yourself royalty; it pisses people off. The artwork is fine; the Mona Lisa doesn't have a backstory, does it? Now admittedly, it is of very high quality, but people recognize Jackson Pollock as an artist, and none of his ♥♥♥♥ has talent or story.

No more posts like this or else you get a real warning.

Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:18 pm

Thats not what I said. I said stuff will be appriciated more on this forum when they have a backstory, and the mona lisa and Jackson Pollock's works were never posted on this forum.

Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:44 am

to be honest I prefer art without a story, the art should tell the story itself. (however concepts may need to be explained.)

also I think your trying out this modern art style or pop art w/e and I don't like it to be honest, most of them seemed like quick sketches, it is the art dump, but your likely to only get a response if people feel like you spent a lot of time on each piece (otherwise it will probably be looked over briefly).

Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:09 pm

To be honest, I prefer reading something if the person writing/typing can capitalize.
SO LEARN WHEN TO ♥♥♥♥ CAPITALIZE.
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/3885 ... zista3.png

Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:30 pm

I dont really think theres much need to capitalize unless it's the start of a sentence or if your sayin "I".

I'm not an English teacher so if anyone finds any problems with that then please restrain yourselves.

Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:32 pm
Profile WWW

omfg guyz.
This is an ART DUMP.
NOT TalkaboutcapitalizingtheoryofartbackstoriesorfreakinCLOTHING-dump
Say it with me now... A-R-T, D-U-M-P
AHART DUHUMP.
Jesus Christ...

Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:36 am

Tendrop wrote:
omfg guyz.
This is an ART DUMP.
NOT TalkaboutcapitalizingtheoryofartbackstoriesorfreakinCLOTHING-dump
Say it with me now... A-R-T, D-U-M-P
AHART DUHUMP.
Jesus Christ...

people would like to be told what's good/bad about there art as well, if you can't see it yourself, and are not told, you cannot improve.

just a mech thing:

Attachments:
C.A.T proto-robo.png
C.A.T proto-robo.png [ 49.41 KiB | Viewed 27938 times ]
Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8050 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 537  Next