View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8050 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 537  Next
 Art Dump 

Post Re: Art Dump
Its called Pivot...
I think.

Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:55 pm

Pivot.

Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:56 pm

Krumbs wrote:
There's an animation software that you can get that's free but I forget the name of it.

Yeah look back at my reply to your post i wrote everything you wanted to know.

Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:01 pm

Im posting another one i made in a good 1 more

Slo-Mo Snipe

This ones just stupid so i dont really care what you say

Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:09 pm

your animations don't flow, too jerky (see if any frames can be edited or removed). I have been animating for 3 years now (I think?).

the following were done very quickly (maybe half an hour on each one in eezy toon):

Attachments:
yeah.gif [6.46 KiB]
Downloaded 246 times
File comment: magician kills the other magician by pushing the ball at high speeds into him, though it may not be clear.
yeah2.gif [8.37 KiB]
Downloaded 188 times
File comment: don't like this one, isn't funny at all, and it's too choppy.
yeah3.gif [14.93 KiB]
Downloaded 173 times
yeah4.gif [14.14 KiB]
Downloaded 171 times
Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:38 pm

The first ones my favorite.

Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:25 pm
Profile WWW
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Topic is "Art Dump", not "shitty wannabeflashanimationprogram dump"

Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:47 pm

Grif wrote:
Topic is "Art Dump", not "crap wannabeflashanimationprogram dump"

neither are "crap wannabeflashanimationprogram"s they do not provide most of the features that flash does, but they are not trying to, true pivot is completely useless (also is horrible and requires no art skill), but eezy toon is very good, I have had flash for 3 years and I'd rather be making my avatars with them, my animations are daily half hour exercises, neither flash/graphics gale offer me the right tools (why does graphics gale not have a brush? flash is a vector program and the pixel tools did not work correctly in my experience.)

they may be crap conventional animation programs, I would never use pivot, but eezy toon is an all right program for pixel animations (but is limited to black and white).

also if you are criticising my animations, I would like to restate that they were done in ~HALF AN HOUR I agree with you they are bad, and have many problems (for instance the guy grows in the first one) but when you limit yourself to such a time you can't really go back and fix things.

Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:01 am
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Flash is not designed for pixelated objects. Flash is designed for vectors, and usually designed for online applications.

Easy Toon is a *decent* animation program. It lacks vectoring, and isn't as powerful as Flash by a long shot, but it is a perfectly fine GIF maker.

Graphics Gale is a spriting tool, and not designed for animation.

Pivot is absolutely horrific and should never have been made in the first place.

Now then on topic.

Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:11 am

robolee wrote:
Grif wrote:
Topic is "Art Dump", not "crap wannabeflashanimationprogram dump"

neither are "crap wannabeflashanimationprogram"s they do not provide most of the features that flash does, but they are not trying to, true pivot is completely useless (also is horrible and requires no art skill), but eezy toon is very good, I have had flash for 3 years and I'd rather be making my avatars with them, my animations are daily half hour exercises, neither flash/graphics gale offer me the right tools (why does graphics gale not have a brush? flash is a vector program and the pixel tools did not work correctly in my experience.)

they may be crap conventional animation programs, I would never use pivot, but eezy toon is an all right program for pixel animations (but is limited to black and white).

also if you are criticising my animations, I would like to restate that they were done in ~HALF AN HOUR I agree with you they are bad, and have many problems (for instance the guy grows in the first one) but when you limit yourself to such a time you can't really go back and fix things.

Flash programs offer vectoring, probably one of the most useful tools in the business. Vectoring, unlike bitmap graphics which you are creating allows you to zoom in or out on an object you have created an infinite amount of times and it would not lose quality. The reason why you don't use pixel tools on flash, is because the majority of people who order flash are working in a business that requires that vectoring. The creators of flash do not need to waste their time on something 0.01% of flash users need. I can make a good piece of pixel art in 10 minutes, so why can't you make a good animation in 30?

Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:31 am

no, why don't YOU make a decent animation in 30,you say it takes you 10 minutes, well my friend you have THREE FRAMES in 30 minutes, and I'm talking like 90 frames+ idea time + mistakes, only a complete noob would have a fully finished animation in 30 minutes who knows nothing about the principles of animation and the result would be a big piece of crap.

I bloody know about vectoring, I just said that I didn't require it and thus it was inappropriate.

Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:25 pm

robolee wrote:
no, why don't YOU make a decent animation in 30,you say it takes you 10 minutes, well my friend you have THREE FRAMES in 30 minutes, and I'm talking like 90 frames+ idea time + mistakes, only a complete noob would have a fully finished animation in 30 minutes who knows nothing about the principles of animation and the result would be a big piece of crap.

I bloody know about vectoring, I just said that I didn't require it and thus it was inappropriate.

It may be rather hard for someone like you to do, but you should learn to read. I said i can "make a good piece of pixel art in 10 minutes"

Oh and, your animations aren't 90 frames. They're 20 frames. Little bit of difference there, eh? Acting all clever thinking you're god like telling everyone how you make 90 frame animations in 30 minutes, but they're only 20 frames. And badly done at that. My avatar was done in 5 minutes :???:

Now can we please get back on topic, if you want to express your feelings any more, use the PM system. It's not getting very much love

Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:02 pm

I can cut the tension with a knife. What is with you guys? Too much sexual frustration? Why the internet always has to be one big piss after another, I don't know.
I can do ♥♥♥♥ faster than you? Give me a break. You all seem like one man circlejerks. Criticizing others for bragging, and then turning right around and doing it yourself? I haven't seen anything like this since Hypocrisy Comp '04. Jesus christ. Take some therapy or get blitzed out of your mind, whatever it takes to get the stick out of your collective asses.

Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:57 am

What's with him is a grudge from another forum that he decided to drag over. (which there was no reason to start on that forum, it happened exactly the same way as on this forum, he just decided to attack me, and he also edited my PMs in paint and made it look like I was calling him all the names under the sun... blah blah.) And I wasn't referring to my images being 90 frames but for a decent quality animation of a similar standard (character interaction with action) I would say there should be a minimum of 30-90 frames if you want a good animation.

Back on topic here is a SKETCH I did in photoshop, testing out a few colours on a new faction and ideas, they stumbled upon the planet finding a recently dug up mound of earth with glistening gold, half of which had already had the gold extracted. they are a transport company so they are quite wealthy, finding this planet was a huge success, however all they have a range of armour and weapons, with trained staff due to the severity of some areas (space pirates, come to steal mah booty).
-edit:re-uploaded image

Last edited by robolee on Fri May 21, 2010 3:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:11 pm

Hahaha I really like them, although they are wearing armour they still look like they woul never fight unless needed :)

Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:24 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8050 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 537  Next