View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 79  Next
 Drugs 101, class is in session 

Post Re: Drugs 101, class is in session
I sincerely doubt that, yet still;
CrazyMLC wrote:
Unless ... your pains didn't merely go away by themselves, that proved nothing about marijuana solving anything.

You can't say the pains didn't just go away naturally without going to a licensed physician and confirming it.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:05 am
Profile WWW

Lol, I'm so behind the times :) I had my first cigarette in ~3 years the other week and still couldn't remember why I ever smoked them. That ♥♥♥♥ was unenjoyable.
Regardless, I'm thinking of trying weed out with some mates in a few years, not sure I want to get into it heavily ever (money fail - same as cigarettes) and definitely not planning on getting into it this year what with my last year of school and all, but it's the drug I'm most accepting of I suppose.
I hung out with the meth and crack crowds for a while, kind of turned me off drugs pretty heavily (protip: never, ever do either of those drugs, or hang out with people who do. I got stabbed, it was lame, etc etc), but I know quite a lot of cool people who get stoned, so I'm not as horrendously dubious towards it. I've been looking into the whole psychosis-inducing side of it lately, but it looks to me like that's mostly only in your brain's formative years. More study needed though.

Also: wtf, water vapour is not and never will be bad for you. The worst thing it'll do is make your house mouldy. We have these handy things called cillia on the inside of our tracheae that prevent things like that from settling in our lungs, which prevents us from, you know, either drowning or coughing wildly on a misty day.

@whitty: you should likely get your back checked regardless, it's unlikely that adding weed is going to permanently fix "♥♥♥♥" discs. It's more likely that it's just the painkiller aspect of it helping out (same reason my friend nat smokes, she's got Fibromyalgia and finds that weed helps when the pain sets in).

Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:12 am
Profile WWW

@MLC:
Oh boy, how I wish i kept those MRI images.
You should see one of my disc plates. One of them is teeny teeny tiny, the other is completely skewed and has a chunk missing.
I lived with those pains every day for over 5 years. I'm pretty sure a monkey could figure it out.
Oh, and an added bonus, when I go three weeks to a month without lighting up, my pains come back. Which would explain my pain right now.

@Geti:
I've had an MRI about three/four months ago. After years of nagging, I finally got some visual medical proof to throw in my parents' face. I've had multiple X-Rays before, the most recent one had the doctor thinking it was a tumor that had to be surgically removed. Then after the MRI, I went to a physical therapist. He said to do stretches. So I smoked weed, and, bye-bye pain. But yes, that's the part of it that helps.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:16 am

If weed helped you then theoretically any pain killer with sufficient strength would do.
(PS: most pain killers are addictive, and if THC is also pain killing then I have my doubts about it being "non-addictive". But to be honest I don't really give a damn if people get addicted or "not addicted" to it, as long as they don't smoke it around me.)

Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:22 am
Profile WWW

Tried painkillers, nothing short of the knockout stuff they give you in an IV works.
I've taken 10 advil, 6 alleve, etc. Nothing.

Why are you so against it man? I'm sure if you tried it even once you'd see past the curtain of lies that has been placed over it.

♥♥♥♥ man, my ADD meds are more addicting than weed. And they don't even work!

Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:26 am

Mainly because I don't like drugs in general. I don't like having chemicals in my body that mess with the way it works.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:28 am
Profile WWW

>10 Advil
I call bull♥♥♥♥ as this would severely ♥♥♥♥ you up.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:28 am

3POK_PHALE wrote:
>10 Advil
I call bull♥♥♥♥ as this would severely ♥♥♥♥ you up.

True story.
Took 10 advil, then continued to set up a rodeo event at a camp. Didn't help one bit.

CrazyMLC wrote:
Mainly because I don't like drugs in general. I don't like having chemicals in my body that mess with the way it works.

You must have encountered one of those anti-drug programs early in your childhood.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:32 am
DRLGrump

He could be a Mormon. They don't even like ♥♥♥♥ soda.
MLC, you a Mormon?

Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:48 am

No, I just don't really like drugs. (Not like Tylenol and all of that crap, I mean drugs that require prescriptions. AKA drugs that are not common household items.)

My body is like a temple. (loljknotreally)

(PS: Too much of any good thing can be bad for you, like Ophanim has said. Soda included. (It's called diabetes.))

Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:54 am
Profile WWW
DRLGrump

Man, I'm ♥♥♥♥. I down Coke like there's no ♥♥♥♥ tomorrow. At any rate, Orphanim, how many different types of drugs have you tried?

Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:09 am

I think the government, anti-drug groups and simple pressure from parents has brain washed Canada. I've never seen anyone smoke weed, sniff coke, or any of that good stuff.
Sure we drink crap loads of beer and smoke cigs but we got brain washed man.

Even though I intend to stay away from anything vaguely ridiculed like alcohol and smoking. I found this article fairly interesting. A+ post Ophanim.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:12 am
REAL AMERICAN HERO

heys kids go ahead and have your discussion (A++ first post tucker, would read again)

but keep it civil

just because someone is disagreeing with someone else doesn't mean you have to say his parents didn't love him enough as a child and everything he knows is wrong and stupid

ain't stoners supposed to be laid back?

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:14 am

Great post, very informative.

MLC, you need to get around with friends and smoke some hash or weed, shits great.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:55 am

MaximDude: I really hate it when people push their opinions onto me just because they think they're right. As I have said, I don't want to take drugs that lack medical benefit. If I take a drug, I want to be healthier than when I started.

For example, I can respect cases like Whitty's where it has helped him with a debilitating issue.

Still, I don't find drugs entertaining. I have many more alternative methods to entertain myself, and I don't think the side affects are worth it.
That is my opinion.

However, my opinions and reasons for not liking drugs is not the subject of this thread, and I'm sure Ophanim would like to keep his topic clean of flaming or other such forms of harassment.

This thread is about Ophanim's posts - the first three ones, specifically.

Ophanim, I'm inclined to believe you on this subject, but as I have said on IRC it would be much easier to believe if you had cited your resources.
I am also curious to how harmful the second hand smoke of joints and other such methods of combustion are.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:55 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 79  Next