View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 79  Next
 Drugs 101, class is in session 

Post Re: Drugs 101, class is in session
Nice little video on marijuana.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 651731007#

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:47 am

The Union is an excellent program, and ridiculously informative.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:49 am
Profile WWW

I watched through half and I'm downloading it to put on my iPod. I'll be showing it to a lot of people.

I recommend you guys watch it. Be warned, it's not short. Just over an hour and a half.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:55 am
DRLGrump

Ophanim wrote:
Marijuana, 4-AcO-DMT, 2cI, 2cE, Psilocybin, Xanax, and cocaine. ♥♥♥♥ coke, and ♥♥♥♥ Xanax. Coke is a shitty drug that leaves you wanting more, and xanax weirds me out because I feel like I'm not feeling who I am while I'm on it, and can't even be afraid of it because it chills you out. It's like silent, methodical screaming. It is awful. But I'm a rarity on that one.

What are those ones that don't actually have names?
Also, I was honestly expecting a lot less to come out of this thread. I thought we'd get a few ranting posts about how drugs are horrible, and then it'd die out. Good job Orphanim.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:42 am

Thing is the OP isn't really stating and enforcing an opinion.

It's stating facts, not opinions, which is the way to go for heated topics.

*thumbs up, Ophanim*

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:54 am
Profile WWW

This is an awesome thread, Orphanim. I have to do an essay on drug legalization this summer, so this is pretty rad.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:39 am

Whitty - Marijuana Expert.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:27 am

Tomaster wrote:
Ophanim wrote:
Marijuana, 4-AcO-DMT, 2cI, 2cE, Psilocybin, Xanax, and cocaine. ♥♥♥♥ coke, and ♥♥♥♥ Xanax. Coke is a shitty drug that leaves you wanting more, and xanax weirds me out because I feel like I'm not feeling who I am while I'm on it, and can't even be afraid of it because it chills you out. It's like silent, methodical screaming. It is awful. But I'm a rarity on that one.

What are those ones that don't actually have names?
Also, I was honestly expecting a lot less to come out of this thread. I thought we'd get a few ranting posts about how drugs are horrible, and then it'd die out. Good job Orphanim.

Research chemicals, which is a term for drugs that haven't been scheduled in the US yet, all of them hallucinogens.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:53 am
Profile WWW

I love that you got a cheery envelope from canada full of them. It'd be interesting to hear about your antics on them, but I'll assume that's coming in any case, unless you lose motivation.
Lambda wrote:
Whitty - Marijuana Expert.
I chuckled a little. This is an interesting development.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:43 am
Profile WWW

Nobody IRL goes on here, but they go on that.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:36 am

Still, you're either lying to us or you're lying to everyone else.
Either way, you're a liar.

Code:
function Create(self)
   for member in ForumMan.Members do
      member.PermanentRecord = {}
   end
end
function Update(self)
   for member in ForumMan.Members do
      for k,v in ipairs(Misdeeds) do
         if member.Conduct == v then
            -- Tsk tsk.
            member.Respect = nil
            member.Trust = nil
            table.insert(member.PermanentRecord, v)
         end
      end
      -- Oh, also...
      if member.PermanentRecord ~= nil then
         member:GibThis()
      end
   end
end

(I'm in a lua-y mood.)

Basically, I have l zero respect and trust in you now, which you probably don't care about.

Also, you should explode any second now.

EDIT:
Post 101!
In "Drugs 101"
Yaaaay!
(My dalmations shall take over... THE WORLD! MUAHAHAHAH!)

Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:03 pm
Profile WWW

Geti wrote:
I love that you got a cheery envelope from canada full of them. It'd be interesting to hear about your antics on them, but I'll assume that's coming in any case, unless you lose motivation.

Of course! It may not be for a little while, though, as my girlfriend will be coming to stay with me for about ten days. (LOL INTERNET GIRLFRIEND XD)
CMLC, you disapprove of him hiding something illegal which is generally looked down upon due to ignorance and misinformation? Something which would get him judged without reason, and would probably lose him friends? Or get him into legal trouble, and ♥♥♥♥ his life up forever? I told one of my very close friends who I knew was vehemently against all drugs (save alcohol, ironically enough), out of a pure and honest desire to be understood, and his response was to throw away our friendship like trash and never speak to me again. There are a lot of repercussions to the prohibition and misinformation campaigns, and few of them are good.
So you can drop your high-and-mighty "I have never ever told a lie and since you have you are scum of the earth" skit. It's hypocritical and demonstrates an extreme lack of understanding of both the human psyche and the world in general.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:30 pm
Profile WWW

That video Whitty posted is really good.
I've just watched it through, and it is just really really informative.

MLC, you especially should watch it. Even if it doesn't make you want to run outside and light up, it should at least make you think.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:06 pm
Profile WWW

Ophanim wrote:
CMLC, you disapprove of him hiding something illegal which is generally looked down upon due to ignorance and misinformation? Something which would get him judged without reason, and would probably lose him friends? Or get him into legal trouble, and ♥♥♥♥ his life up forever?

Uh, the people at my school don't hide it, and aside from the really preppy goody-two-shoes who were brainwashed to think weed was sin in plant form, nobody gives a ♥♥♥♥; it was on the internet, who would report him? It isn't frowned upon where I live, but that may just be because I live in Wisconsin, which I consider to be the stoner capital of the U.S. I think there's actually a much bigger stigma against those who smoke, because of misinformation about THAT, wherein now people believe that being with a smoker for five minutes will give you lung cancer through second-hand smoke. Hell, some people at my school (the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ones, but still) walk around with quarters in their pocket.

Where do you live? There seems to be much more hostility towards marijuana where you live versus where I am; hell, I made some cop at our school laugh about a stoner joke.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:07 pm

In different areas, it's more or less acceptable, and there are always extremists. I live in the South, where there is a large quantity of smokers as well as people vehemently and sometimes violently opposed to it. In Wisconsin, it's much different, in that it's almost totally socially acceptable. Down here, not so much.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:14 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 79  Next