View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 79  Next
 Drugs 101, class is in session 

Post Re: Drugs 101, class is in session
Eat more/get non-bunk drugs. I promise you it's not all hype, you people wouldn't believe the things I've seen. Protip: If you're prescribed any drug on the regular, it's probably good to do some research on interactions with whatever drug you're swoobling your noodle with. Are you prescribed an SSRI, perhaps, Ociamarru?

Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:54 pm

No, it's probably just shitty product. I've tripped mad balls off acid just fine.

Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:26 pm

Okay, it probably is inferior product then. Were they dried or wet mushrooms?

E: Also in regards to identifying your product, the first and easiest test you should perform is bruising the mushroom. Mushroom flesh is usually white or tan, but many active species, if cut into or crushed or damaged somehow, will produce something like the following.
A cut stalk:
Different stalk, split open with my fingers (Psilocybe Cubensis tends to have hollow stalks.)

Last edited by Homophanim on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:47 pm

Here's a bad picture of a spore print.
There are hundreds of millions of spores in this photo! All from a single mushroom, it's roughly a quarter of a teaspoon's worth of them. I'm going to be collecting a bunch of spores, creating a nutritious solution with some oil sugar and salt, and seeding the area with psilocybe cubensis colonies :D

Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:28 pm

Oh and here's some pics of my shroom patch.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:13 pm

I always get a worried feeling inside re: growing your own shrooms but I'm sure you're on top of your ♥♥♥♥ tucker.
Looks like a nice place, very green.

I was also interested in the spore print since I've heard of them but haven't ever looked into it (just not that into drugs I suppose, never needed to). Looks pretty. Studied a bunch of fungi in microbiology semi-recently (last semester), interesting organisms.

...A little amusing to me that this is one of the threads still trucking on other than modding, lounge and forum games. Shows your dedication if anything :)

Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:30 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Geti~! Where have you been, other than getting mauled in Arthur's Gold.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:31 pm

Latest haul. Geti funnily enough there's almost 0 danger to growing your own mushrooms, it's picking them that's dangerous (but florida has nothing that even vaguely resembles psilocybe cubensis, so I'll be okay.). It's actually an extremely interesting and rewarding hobby, if you're not so keen on drugs but you think it might be fun, portobello, oyster, and shiitake mushrooms are all very easily grown! You can pick up kits online or go DIY and make your own substrate and stuff. There is a staggering amount of literature on growing mushrooms legal and illegal, all of it for free floating on the internet. I highly recommend it.

Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:41 am

Wait, why would picking them be dangerous?

Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:44 am

Look-alikes that can be poisonous. Deadly to newbies and seasoned veterans all the same.

Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:01 am

I might actually look up that mushroom horticulture (mycoculture?) stuff since I'm sick of getting substandard bruised ass mushies from the supermarket.

And yeah re: danger I was thinking in the realm of look-alike poisonous ones. If you picked a dud and cultured a heap of them I imagine there'd be some chance of killing yourself and all your participating friends; but as I said, I'm sure you're much more in the know about these sorts of things.

@Foa: Coding, drawing, uni, girlfriend, work trips... All sorts of stuff. Decided I missed DRLFF so might be swinging by the lounge and whatnot in coming weeks.

Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:04 pm
Profile WWW

Oh if you're going to be cultivating the shits you can tell them apart fairly easily. The real problem is with grabbing a shroom, eyeballing it without due diligence and declaring it to be something edible. If you're spore printing and are willing to spend time on it, it's actually decently hard to ♥♥♥♥ up. Many have gone before you in this and like I always say there's a lot of knowledge to be had on the internet if you look for it. You also don't have to bother with all that and just order some spores off the internet. There is quite a library of mycological samples available from various sources googleable. Spend ten or twenty bucks on some spores, buy some substrate, the most expensive item is going to be a pressure cooker to sterilize (sometimes literally) ♥♥♥♥. From there it's just inoculate and wait, essentially. It's super exciting to watch them grow. I'm kind of ambivalent towards keeping a garden but I might do it just to grow a little mushroom forest. I currently have mycelium growing from psilocybe cubensis but I'd like to grow some edibles and neat rare stuff, just to say I did.

Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:10 pm

Homophanim wrote:
Look-alikes that can be poisonous. Deadly to newbies and seasoned veterans all the same.

Well of course, but aren't you doing your own controlled grow?

I haven't had much of any sleep the past week.

Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:12 am

A mycologist I've been talking to thinks I may have found a mutant strain:

Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:16 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Whoa. That thing's huge. Just curious, but could the mushroom farming you're doing the same as growing cooking mushrooms? Like Geti, I keep getting shitty mushrooms from the shops.

Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:21 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 79  Next