View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 1177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79  Next
 Drugs 101, class is in session 

Post Re: Drugs 101, class is in session
Lessons learned: Cum smells like cum because it is basic. ACRB dissolved in an NaOH solution smells like cum. Naphtha has powerful fumes. Ventilation is important. Don't put elbow in single spilled drop of caustic solution. Patience is a virtue. Do a sodium carbonate wash, even if you don't want to.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:38 pm

No write-up because chemistry is hard and I ended up with DMT-N-Oxide instead of N,N-DMT like I wanted. If you ever decide to bake your own cake, remember not to heat up your non-polar solvent, esp. if you're doing an evap and not a freez precip. The extra energy in-solution oxidizes the DMT very quickly in open air. Also don't skip the defatting step, just remember to do it while your solution is acidic.

I wonder how many government lists I'm on. It's intensely amusing to me to imagine some guy in a black suit with his feet on his desk eating an apple and reading my file.

Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:17 pm

I found detailed instructions on making DMT, meth, and LSD online. They were fun to read.

Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:23 am

Nonsequitorian wrote:
Probably none. I don't think the government cares about middle-class white americans in the slightest. :wink:

I think the government is much less organized than it would like us to think it is.

What are the physical dangers of DMT? is it bad for the spine like I've heard acid is, or can it be outright toxic like the wrong variety of mushrooms?

Throw out most everything you've heard about acid. Ever hear the orange juice story? Or how some girl tripped on acid once, then cracked her back years later and tripped balls? Totally fake, both of them. LSD has no negative physical effects that modern science is aware of. There are no physical dangers to DMT, it is one of the safest psychedelics physically speaking.

Quote:
I found detailed instructions on making DMT, meth, and LSD online. They were fun to read.

These things have been around for 40+ years now, it's not new or difficult to find. I sincerely doubt you found a dmt synthesis, you found detailed instructions on how to extract DMT from a natural source. No idea how what amounts to recipe directions was fun to read though.

E: Forgot to mention, round two success.
EE: Also forgot to mention what I got was NMT, not DMT-N-Oxide. If you bake your own cake pull for a lot longer than you think you need to, wait for the solvent to cloud when you blow on it, it won't be hard to recognize the clouding. When in doubt, mix 'er again.

Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:59 am

Homophanim wrote:
Quote:

These things have been around for 40+ years now, it's not new or difficult to find. I sincerely doubt you found a dmt synthesis, you found detailed instructions on how to extract DMT from a natural source. No idea how what amounts to recipe directions was fun to read though.

Yeah that was what it was. It was still cool to read all into that.

Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:07 pm

For those interested, a DMT extraction is basically

low heat low acidity solution to partially dissolve bark, naphtha pull (mix, let separate, repeat 4-8x, decant) to defat
(optional ^ but recommended if purity is the goal)
basify solution to ph 11 using NaoH +small portion salt (1 part salt to 5 parts NaoH roughly, look it up) to discourage emulsion
naphtha pull 4-6x using 50 ml naphtha per pull
pull is finished when breathing onto naphtha produces milky clouds in the liquid, not hard to identify, this means solution is saturated
decant naphtha and freeze it (lowers solubility) until all the crystals drop out of solution and adhere to the glass
decant naphtha and either re-use it or evap to get what will be left in it
turn jar upside down and let it dry for a long time, no liquids or naphtha smell should be present, once material is dry, scrape and let dry further because it isn't dry yet, 3+ hours in a dry room
smoke drug go 2 hyperspace

Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:58 pm

UPDATE:
Get this ♥♥♥♥ up you mate.

Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:05 am

Mute this asap

This is the supersaturated naphtha/dmt solution sitting in the extraction jar on top of the basified bark sludge, when stuff happens it is me blowing gently onto the top of the solution. Pretty. This is what it looks like when your solution is fully saturated, the stuff that appears is DMT, falling out of solution and returning to a (particulate) solid form.

Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:11 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Nonsequitorian wrote:
Two months ago or so I did shrooms, and it was horrendous. I got those "zaps" or whatever, where vision and sound goes to static and a wave like feeling washes over you. It felt like seizures, and by the end of the experience I was shaking constantly trying to prepare myself for the shock. After it was all done with, I was fine, except until about a month ago when I had something similar while I was trying to fall asleep. Just one very mild thing, but it was the same sensation.

In my case it's because of orthostatic hypotention.

Thu May 01, 2014 12:57 am

Nonsequitorian wrote:
This is a question for you Homo. I'm not sure if you know anything about it, but you know so much about almost everything else I thought I might give it a try.

I've only done hallucinogenic drugs a few times (first time around my 17th birthday, 7 years ago, and then again two months ago), but I've long since thought I've had recurring effects. Not trips or any of that junk, but symptoms more akin to HPPD in a light sense, where sometimes my vision is bubbly and grainy and most all of the time I have really visible auras around objects, though not really startlingly eye catching or whatever. Thing is, it isn't all of the time like it sounds like HPPD is, so I ignore it and go on with my day.

Or I was until today, where I looked at a carpet in my workspace, got so disoriented by it (it looked like one of those optical illusions where things wave and turn) and promptly went home.

Two months ago or so I did shrooms, and it was horrendous. I got those "zaps" or whatever, where vision and sound goes to static and a wave like feeling washes over you. It felt like seizures, and by the end of the experience I was shaking constantly trying to prepare myself for the shock. After it was all done with, I was fine, except until about a month ago when I had something similar while I was trying to fall asleep. Just one very mild thing, but it was the same sensation.

And then last night I thought I had one while I was asleep (if that's even possible. It was like, during a dream).

I'm curious to know what you think of that. If it's related, or if the wavy ground was something like a migraine aura, or if I'm just imagining the shocks or whatever.

Have you ever been on any psychiatric medication? I started getting zaps because of an NDRI I was taking, and they've persisted even months after going off. It's rarely more than a few times a week and it's not really any great inconvenience, but it's there. I've never had them because of a psychedelic drug, but I once smoked waaaay too much synth cannabinoids and it was like the 'zap' feeling but constant instead of in flashes, not a fun experience at all. I couldn't even begin to speculate as to what causes them, or what they mean. I recommend talking to a doctor about it if they're interfering with your life at all.

As far as the HPPD-like symptoms, HPPD isn't really as cut and dry as the hallucinogenic perception not going away, or at least there is a need for different classes of these sort of symptoms. Throughout years of various psychedelic use, I've had a number of visual and auditory phenomena come and go. You ever seen those grills for overhead fluorescents that are essentially grids of mirrors? Like Image or something, for a while those would swim and move around and turn colors for me, it just went away. This and other things just came and went, and occasionally I get random isolated flashes of things like that, which is what I think is actually meant by "flashback", not the technicolor experience most people envision when they hear that word. This is, apparently, a fairly common experience, and I wouldn't worry about it unless it gives you a reason to worry.

Sat May 03, 2014 10:20 pm

Quote:
And I guess that's kind of what I mean. Had I told my doctor I was feeling depressed and wasn't eating, I might have gotten prescribed some anti-depression thing, when all I needed was more nutrients. (To be fair, living in one of the five most overcast states in a house where I literally boarded up windows to keep sun out probably doesn't help my D levels)

It's worth noting that pretty much any psychiatrist you talk to about depression is going to ask if you are a hikkikomori and vitamin D is a fairly common recommendation for depressed people in wintry states. Doctors in the nordic countries actually prescribe full spectrum lightbulbs to people who are depressed.

re: everything else, everything should go away in a few months to a year, I haven't heard of little things like these lasting longer, and afaik there's no real treatment for HPPD except maybe benzos or something.

Wed May 07, 2014 5:03 pm

I have always just figured that was just people thinking about how much shisha is required to fill a hookah and thinking smoking that much weed is wasteful. I don't think it would be any more wasteful than a normal bong, considering it literally is just a bong with a hose.

Thu May 08, 2014 1:07 am

It's generally called a carb, whether it's called a carb or a choke tends to depend on what your region calls an actual carb/choke. I could see that making sense, except all the excess smoke just sits inside the thing uncleared getting stale, since the top of it doesn't really smoke that much right? Been a while since I've touched a hookah.

Fri May 09, 2014 5:16 pm

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 799&type=1

Quote:
Dear Friends,

Sasha died today, at exactly 5 o'clock in the afternoon. He was surrounded by family and caretakers and Buddhist meditation music, and his going was graceful, with almost no struggle at all.

Thanks to all of you, and Blessings,

Ann Shulgin

I cannot describe to you all how sharply I feel this loss. I imagine almost none of you know who Alexander "Sasha" Shulgin is, but his life's work contributed so much to mine, I cannot imagine the man I would be today without him. I keep realizing that I no longer live in a world where walks one of my greatest heroes, and it hurts.

Sasha and Ann founded Erowid, a harm reduction information database dedicated to helping people all over the world explore their consciousnesses safely. Sasha and Ann wrote TiHKAL and PiHKAL, two books that have had an incredible impact on the world, though most of you will not know it. Sasha was a pioneer in the field of psychedelic research, and it staggers me to imagine how many lives he has touched directly with his work. He was gentle, thoughtful, intelligent, and everything I have ever striven to be. My heart breaks for Ann, his wife, for if I love him so just by reading his words and knowing his work, I cannot imagine the pain his loss must bring her. This is a poor memorial for a great man.

Gate gate para gate parasamgate bodhi svaha! All hail the goer. Our love goes with you.

http://thankyousasha.tumblr.com/

http://rt.com/usa/163300-pharmacologist ... lgin-died/

Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:34 pm

Nonsequitorian wrote:

I think at that age, having gone through so much with somebody, the loss is less a tragedy and more an understanding. I imagine.

You imagine wrong, bud. It depends on the person, such a general statement about how any given human might react to a death ought to have set off alarm bells in your head.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79  Next