View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 79  Next
 Drugs 101, class is in session 

Post Re: Drugs 101, class is in session
whitty wrote:
Also, the WORST health issue from my personal experience with the magical herb is using aluminum foil as a bowl. I still don't know who to believe on the whole "aluminum is toxic!" debate.

I'm pretty sure the aluminium itself isn't toxic, although aluminiumoxide(rust for all simpletons) is something I wouldn't like having in my body. It's dangerous to people with kidney diseases and causes neurological diseases. Can't cite here because my research was in Dutch.

Then to completely free all the thing I post in this topic from any suspicion to government corrupted things: Pot is legal here, half of my school smokes it, hell my parents even came home one night saying they had pot.(Funny ♥♥♥♥.)

I personally don't smoke pot, first off all because I just can't stand smoke at all. Second because I don't think I would need it. Third because I'm poor-ish.
I have to agree with half of grifs statements here, the ones about negative feedback to the brain. It's true, but that would only work on a really really short term, brain senses too much canaboïds and shuts down own production, you stop smoking pot. ♥♥♥♥ disappears, production starts off again, easy as that.

Onto the next subject: please add a disclaimer to the other 2 drugs, because except XTC they have all been proven to really ♥♥♥♥ up your head.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:50 pm

What other two drugs, I only addressed marijuana. Extacy is a street term for 3,4-Methylenedioxymethamphetamine, or MDMA, and is definitely not XTC.
Quote:
MLC, you need to get around with friends and smoke some hash or weed, shits great.

This, this needs to stop. He doesn't need to do anything, anything he chooses to put into his body to alter his consciousness is his choice, and no one else's. I agree that he would probably change his tune entirely if he gave it a whirl once or twice, but that is his choice.
Quote:
At any rate, Orphanim, how many different types of drugs have you tried?

Marijuana, 4-AcO-DMT, 2cI, 2cE, Psilocybin, Xanax, and cocaine. ♥♥♥♥ coke, and ♥♥♥♥ Xanax. Coke is a shitty drug that leaves you wanting more, and xanax weirds me out because I feel like I'm not feeling who I am while I'm on it, and can't even be afraid of it because it chills you out. It's like silent, methodical screaming. It is awful. But I'm a rarity on that one.
Quote:
>10 Advil
I call bull♥♥♥♥ as this would severely ♥♥♥♥ you up.

Advil is a brand-name for ibuprofen, the maximum RECOMMENDED daily dosage for an adult being 3200 mg, but can in fact far exceed that. So no, it wouldn't "severely ♥♥♥♥ you up"
Quote:
(PS: most pain killers are addictive, and if THC is also pain killing then I have my doubts about it being "non-addictive". But to be honest I don't really give a damn if people get addicted or "not addicted" to it, as long as they don't smoke it around me.)

Cannabinoids kill pain in a different way than opiates and opioids, which is what most people are referring to when they talk about "pain-killers", so to compare the two and intuit that because they both kill pain, they must both be addictive, is a serious logical flaw. Do research, stuff like this isn't the kind of thing you can work out like that.

RE: The marijuana as a "miracle drug" argument. Occiamarru, don't dismiss things out of hand without reading the literature. It's not just a bunch of hippies claiming that weed makes u fel gud p.s. it cure cancer!!!!! I find it highly unlikely that weed cured your pain, whitty. It may have cured the symptom of pain, but I doubt it healed whatever was wrong with you. Even medical marijuana is touted as a way to improve the quality of life of people with serious medical conditions, not as a cure-all. It's great that it went away, but I think it highly unlikely that your marijuana use has caused it.

E: whoops just saw this
Quote:
I am also curious to how harmful the second hand smoke of joints and other such methods of combustion are.

Well, no more so than inhaling it directly through the thing, and I've yet to see any formal study that wasn't government funded come forth with results that indicate marijuana use causes any sort of lung detriment. The only harm I could think of coming from it would be the paper, and even then papers tend to be selected for their inertness, lack of taste, etc. I plan to address alternative ROAs here pretty soon, namely vaporization and edibles. I mean, Phelps smoked the ♥♥♥♥, so I really doubt it does. On to the inevitable anecdotal: I actually find that when my marijuana use is steady, I exercise more, and I've never noticed any increased or decreased lung function.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:41 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

This stuffs still Illegal in my country, and even then I wont smoke the stuff. I think il stick to optical illusions and the Ping pong ball on eyes method.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:45 pm
Profile WWW

You see, as long as the second-hand smoke isn't too bad I don't really care who smokes it.

(That's also why I absolutely loathe cigarettes. I hear it's second-hand smoke is like a million times worse than actually using the damn thing.)

Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:50 pm
Profile WWW
Moderator Hero

Just gotta love a bit of green in the sunshine. It's hardly addictive, many of my friends have smoked it in varying degrees of regularity and they're either stupid enough to go onto harder stuff or they live their lives like fine upstanding citizens.

I remember when my friends were 14 and got ripped off by people crumbling rabbit droppings or putting actual grass in the bag. I've only gotten ripped off once, when drunk and stupid. No, that's not me all the time.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:58 pm

@Ophanim: It definitely didn't cure my problem, it just takes the pain away and allows me to carry on how I would normally do so If the pain were not present. I used to not be able to sit in a chair for more than 10 minutes.

Also, just throwing this in there. For all you who believe that marijuana is a 'gateway' drug, you are incorrect. The reason that smokers may move onto harder drugs is, I guarantee you, because their dealer deals a lot more than weed.
My guy does weed, acid, and x, but I'm never buying those from him or anyone else. But sure, I'll take them if they're free. Then I'll trade them off for some more weed.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:01 pm

CrazyMLC wrote:
You see, as long as the second-hand smoke isn't too bad I don't really care who smokes it.

(That's also why I absolutely loathe cigarettes. I hear it's second-hand smoke is like a million times worse than actually using the damn thing.)

Uh, I don't know how much backlash I'm gonna get for this, but after 14 years of living with 2 heavy smokers, my lungs are fine according to my doctor. So I'm not a big believer in second-hand smoke, and it isn't really something you should worry about. I think if it DOES have any affect on me, it's minimal enough for my doctor to have missed it, and that means, to me anyway, that it isn't something I should be worrying about.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:16 pm

CrazyMLC wrote:
MaximDude: I really hate it when people push their opinions onto me just because they think they're right. As I have said, I don't want to take drugs that lack medical benefit. If I take a drug, I want to be healthier than when I started.

No one is "pushing" their opinion on you, MLC. He's just recommending it to you. Do you get offended when friends say "you need to see this new movie"? It's a conversation, is all.

I'm interesting in your line of reasoning as, again, everything is bad for you. It's a cliche that medicine has more bad side effects than positive. Marijuana also has good side effects. Do you abstain from candy and cake and fatty foods? "Drugs" and "not drugs" are not well defined groups. If I drink straight MSG it is a chemical, a drug, but when it is in food, what I'm eating is food?

Now I'm not saying that you should, but dismissing the idea on fallacious grounds is unbecoming. I personally do not, as I don't really get a good high off it (dollar for dollar I'd rather have pizza or a new video game), but the whole point of this thread is to be well-informed.

Last edited by Contrary on Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:38 pm

I can't even quit smoking. God knows what would happen if I got used to this in my time.

I prefer beer and alcohol:

28 BEERS LATER...
-Must-have-beers!-Moar-beers!
-Run! It's transforming!

Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:46 pm

Contrary wrote:
No one is "pushing" their opinion on you, MLC. He's just recommending it to you. Do you get offended when friends say "you need to see this new movie"? It's a conversation, is all.

Exactly. Thank you, sir, for explaining the fine gentleman that I was merely recommending.
Really.

Culthero wrote:
I can't even quit smoking. God knows what would happen if I got used to this in my time.

I prefer beer and alcohol:

28 BEERS LATER...
-Must-have-beers!-Moar-beers!
-Run! It's transforming!

No, it would be more like:
-CAN'T... STOP... PISSING!!!
-Run! The toilet has overflown!

Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:55 pm

When you haven't tried it, it's very easy to look at it from a logical standpoint:
(Pros: It makes you feel good. Cons: It's bad for you.) and say that it is bad.

But once you DO try it, you introduce the emotional aspect into the equation and
all of a sudden you stance completely flips and changes over It's just like TV shows.
When somebody comes up to you and tells you that LOST is the greatest show on
the planet, (It's about guys who crashed in an airplane on a magical island? Pass.)
you don't really give a crap. When you finally get around to watching the
first episode, your stance changes. (It will)

I have no doubt that if I tried pot I'd like it, But from there (for me at least since I'm
predisposition-ed to substance abuse) it's easy to fall into a downward spiral with worse
and worse drugs that could eventually ruin my life. So if I stay innocent and not even
experience what being high feels like, I won't miss it, and I won't go seeking more.
You see what I'm saying?

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:02 pm
Profile WWW

Apart from the film reference and drunkenzombiness, I don't think I can possibly locate the toilet or bother to go there at all after that many beers.

I think the addiction possibility, using and not using all depend on the individual, his/her unique phisiology, and psychological state in conjunction. Also people who sell these are sometimes "pushers" beware of those guys esp. if the stuff is illegal in your country. Actually if it's illegal in the country, anything can go wrong.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:09 pm

zalo wrote:
When you haven't tried it, it's very easy to look at it from a logical standpoint:
(Pros: It makes you feel good. Cons: It's bad for you.) and say that it is bad.

But once you DO try it, you introduce the emotional aspect into the equation and
all of a sudden you stance completely flips and changes over It's just like TV shows.
When somebody comes up to you and tells you that LOST is the greatest show on
the planet, (It's about guys who crashed in an airplane on a magical island? Pass.)
you don't really give a crap. When you finally get around to watching the
first episode, your stance changes. (It will)

I have no doubt that if I tried pot I'd like it, But from there (for me at least since I'm
predisposition-ed to substance abuse) it's easy to fall into a downward spiral with worse
and worse drugs that could eventually ruin my life. So if I stay innocent and not even
experience what being high feels like, I won't miss it, and I won't go seeking more.
You see what I'm saying?

Most of the people I know who have smoked for a very long time haven't done anything but weed, and I've tried a few things but the only thing I do on a regular basis is smoke weed and occasionally psychedelics. I trust myself to partake in something that I enjoy without abusing it, why don't you?
Quote:

You say this like nicotine wasn't more addictive than THC by several factors of ten. If a smoker doesn't have a cigarette, they get shakes, they get irritable and angry, they focus on nothing but getting that cigarette. It's just bad. If I don't get to smoke a joint, I'm like okay whatever that's a bummer but no big deal. It's like not getting to eat a candy bar. It's a want, not a need.
Quote:
My guy does weed, acid, and x, but I'm never buying those from him or anyone else. But sure, I'll take them if they're free. Then I'll trade them off for some more weed.

MDMA is an excellent drug and I suggest that everyone try it at least once in his or her lifetime. No addiction potential, no possible way you can abuse it, the neurotoxicity is greatly exaggerated (MDMA is neurotoxic but only in in doses ten times the average recreational dose). It's really just an awesome drug, and I guarantee you'll have a blast if you try it.

Last edited by Ophanim on Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:27 pm
Profile WWW

That may be true for you, zalo, but for me actually trying pot only lowered my opinion of it.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:28 pm

Contrary wrote:
That may be true for you, zalo, but for me actually trying pot only lowered my opinion of it.

I'd like an explanation of this. Was it a bad experience? Often, the first time people try marijuana (or drugs in general), anxiety is a real issue. Not knowing what it feels like to be altered like that can be scary, and with the wrong set and setting it can freak you out a lot.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:30 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 79  Next