View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 1177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 79  Next
 Drugs 101, class is in session 
happy carebear mom

Post Re: Drugs 101, class is in session
I think I'll just reiterate this point:
Ophanim wrote:
All discussion is to be conducted in a civil and intelligent manner, and with as little prejudice as possible. This is a touchy subject, and people have strong opinions on it, so keep this in mind. Also, this stuff is still drugs. Misuse can still cause harm. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing. Play it safe, be informed, and have fun.

So there you have the two major points here.
1. Be civil, because people are all over the hate/love spectrum here.
2. It's a drug, and just like anything, it can be abused. The point is to be a. educated and b. exposed to other viewpoints. Nothing less, nothing more.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:33 pm

Oh, Duh, the conversation so far has been far better than I expected, by several orders of magnitude. I think everyone's doing just fine, considering the heated subject this is. I agree that constantly reiterating it's harm or lack of harm will get kind of annoying, but for now it's not out of hand, I don't think. People are asking questions, and they're being answered, and I think everyone's doing just fine.
E: Except for that bit where lafe started posting but it's lafe so it's kind of to be expected.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:36 pm
Profile WWW

Ophanim wrote:
I'd like an explanation of this. Was it a bad experience? Often, the first time people try marijuana (or drugs in general), anxiety is a real issue.

Little anxious as I only knew the guys moderately well and we were out in the open, but that wasn't it. It was more like "I payed five dollars for this?" it was nice, but I thought I would like it so much I would want to be stoned all the time like everyone else. If the stuff was free I'd have some maybe once or twice a month. Turns out I like being lucid more than having a moderately happy glow (Toy Story 3 was better).

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:03 pm
happy carebear mom

Ophanim wrote:
I think everyone's doing just fine, considering the heated subject this is.

I agree, it's been quite chill. My post was written to be a few ago when I thought it might've been getting a bit hot, so it's a bit out of place.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:51 pm

Contrary wrote:
[It was more like "I payed five dollars for this?"

Sir, your problem was that you smoked some cheap ass weed.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:32 am

lol. Maybe. Send me some fancy joints and I'll record the results. I was chipping in with a group. Glad to know I didn't get ripped off at least.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:34 am

Most people don't feel things their first time. I can't back this up with pharmacology, but I don't think it really needs it, as it's pretty widely known.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:47 am
Profile WWW

He's right.
My first time was with Purple Haze, and looking back at it now, cheap $5 Mexican schwag gets me higher than that.
Try it again bro.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:51 am

"Give it a try and you'll change your tune."

"Oh, wait, first time sucks you have to do it multiple times."

>_>
Just sayin'

Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:53 am
Profile WWW

First time doesn't do much. Or, at least, usually doesn't.
Second time is ok.
Third time is awesome.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:55 am

CrazyMLC wrote:
"Give it a try and you'll change your tune."

"Oh, wait, first time sucks you have to do it multiple times."

>_>
Just sayin'

Accusations of outright lying are in no way civil.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:53 am
Profile WWW

You can't say he doesn't have a point, though; first, you said that trying weed just once would DEFINITELY change one's mind, and then after someone said that they did precisely that and it deterred them from continuing in this wondrous endeavor you said that the first time was usually bad. That was a self-contradiction, and the way he said it wasn't very accusative, much less heated, and so it was pretty civil as far as I see.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:58 am

Ociamarru wrote:
You can't say he doesn't have a point, though; first, you said that trying weed just once would DEFINITELY change one's mind, and then after someone said that they did precisely that and it deterred them from continuing in this wondrous endeavor you said that the first time was usually bad. That was a self-contradiction, and the way he said it wasn't very accusative, much less heated, and so it was pretty civil as far as I see.

Well there's no way to prove or disprove this beyond hearsay. So believe it or disbelieve it.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:04 am
Profile WWW

Ophanim wrote:
Well there's no way to prove or disprove this beyond hearsay. So believe it or disbelieve it.

That's not my point, my point is that you're changing what you've been saying. And once you start contradicting yourself, you need to stop it at once or your argument (and yes, this is a type of argument) will soon dissolve entirely and no longer be valid.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:56 am

Ociamarru wrote:
Ophanim wrote:

That's not my point, my point is that you're changing what you've been saying. And once you start contradicting yourself, you need to stop it at once or your argument (and yes, this is a type of argument) will soon dissolve entirely and no longer be valid.

You'll note my vocalization of the "try it once and you'll love it" argument has been distinctly absent, so you might want to drop that lecturing tone.
And besides, every argument has some flaw in it. Marijuana not being that great your first time is a very widely-known thing. Just because the very first time you tried it you didn't feel the effects doesn't mean that you won't like it if you give it a proper chance, giving it a real go. My first few times getting high I was just vaguely buzzed, but about the fifth time I tried it, I jumped on my trampoline for around 3 hours, high as hell and laughing my ass off the whole time. It was absolutely amazing.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:05 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 79  Next