View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79
 Drugs 101, class is in session 

Post Re: Drugs 101, class is in session
I was diagnosed with ADHD but never felt debilitated by it (or agreed with the diagnosis); Adderall does not help me focus. I don't know what it is, but it makes my mind race.

Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:32 pm

Adderall is the only thing that will make my mind stop racing. It's kind of annoying because as my meds are wearing off, I'm trying to go to sleep, and my mind is back to racing incessantly.

Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:14 pm

I did a drug once and now I have to pee sitting down

Thu May 07, 2015 10:28 pm

I did a lot of drugs in high school and now I don't even like drinking. #420 #4ever :ccevil:
Except I got a job at a call center which pays halfway decently and I'm not sure if they drug test, so I've been through a rather abrupt bout of sobriety.

Fri May 08, 2015 4:46 am

Drinking alcohol is always the best idea/worst idea
Sent from an drunk HTC One M8

Sun May 17, 2015 7:31 am

Bit late for you, bud, but here's this for future reference.

Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:40 am

Cannabidiol (CBD) vaporizes at 200C and THC at 150-160C (all numbers I ever put into this thread should be read with "roughly" before them), so a lot of the time with a vaporizer you end up with a much, much higher THC:CBD ratio ingested than if you had smoked the herb. It's also more efficient, considering no pyrolization (read: burning the molecule and rendering it useless) happens.

Edibles may as well be a different drug because they may well be a different drug. I have no idea. What I do know is that smoking weed bypasses first-pass metabolization, and going through that process may well produce a different ingestion profile than smoking the same herb. There's also come up time to consider. If you've ever snorted a drug, you know what I mean when I say how fast the drug gets into you is VERY important, both in determining the strength of effects and often the effects themselves. Cooking your cannabinoids also converts THC-A into THC via a process called decarboxylation. So, cooking your weed makes it stronger. Yes this applies to weed you're going to smoke/vape, it's not just for edibles.

RE: Your comments on psychedelics, I doubt I will ever go quite insane enough to call psychedelic drugs safe. Is taking acid safer than taking heroin? Depends, do you have a family history of schizophrenia? The question of how safe drugs are is a common one, a complex one, and, unfortunately, nigh-unanswerable. Every time you take something, there is a risk. You've apparently run into some bad side-effects (the wannabe scientist in me is ♥♥♥♥ fascinated, though, if it's any consolation), and indeed you could run into worse. Do your research thoroughly, try and go above and beyond, there are no second tries to life and if you break your body you will have to live with that forever. It would have to be one hell of a night to be worth, say, triggering latent schizophrenia that would have otherwise remained latent.

Oh, and google "Hallucinogen Perception Persistence Disorder" (HPPD) if you haven't come across it already, that's probably what you're experiencing. I get various kinds of visual distortions all the time, it's not really dangerous in my case. You wouldn't qualify for the "disorder" bit, it's only considered a disorder if it's having a non-trivial negative effect on your life.

Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79