View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 81  Next
 Drugs 101, class is in session 
Data Realms SUPER Elite
Data Realms SUPER Elite

Post Re: Drugs 101, class is in session
Okay I got a question. I spend a lot of time around stoners/drug addicts/junkies/just plain ♥♥♥♥ ups, and so I've seen everything from people helplessly drug addicted to people who've never done drugs before doing them for the first time. I'm not a drug doer really. I mean I haven't actually ever bought drugs (I'm excluding alcohol and tobacco and ibuprofin/medicine sorts). If somebody offers me something, I sometimes say yes, and if they ask for money afterwords I give it to them. There's a subtle difference, but it's one that helps me at least not become an addict to things I don't really believe in.

So I was sitting with a couple friends on a park bench. They were lighting up a spliff and I was drinking a beer, and one of them took out a note book and a packet of white powder, and then started to make lines of it. What was it? Caffeine. I know it's pretty impossible to overdose on caffeine if you're drinking coffee (because it'd be really difficult to consume so much of the stuff), and when you drink something the caffeine goes through your stomach and organs (which ones I don't know. I was thinking liver, but I'm not sure), diluting the power even more, but snorting basically goes straight the blood. One of my best friends here recently got a girlfriend, and that's not strange, but she's a real straight edge sort of girl. No drinking, no weed, no nothing.

The guys each did a line of caffeine through the nose, and then a complete no-drug person, somebody who I've never seen drink a beer, also did a line.

Are lines of caffeine something I should have known about before? It sounds really ♥♥♥♥ dumb. I mean, I assume it's not really comfortable to do that, and it doesn't smell good. Drinking coffee or energy drink also works, and even if you want more of the stuff, having it go straight into your blood and into your brain seems like it'd be easier to OD. The lines weren't anything to snort at, either. They weren't funny-long, but they were reasonable.

I don't know. I didn't get freaked out at the idea, but I was pretty surprised to see people doing lines of caffeine in public and then to see somebody who doesn't do drugs to do the same.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also completely different note, a spliff here is a joint in the US, and a joint is a spliff. That really confused me.

drogs r dum

Sat May 04, 2013 1:49 pm

The difference between doing a drug orally and insufflating it is when you eat a drug, it has to be passed through your GI tract and through your liver to get into your brain, which depletes the actual amount of the chemical that gets into your brain. The ratio of amount taken to amount absorbed into the brain is called bioavailability. While it may seem more "crackheaded" or whatever to snort a drug, this is purely an artificial conception with no rational reason behind it. The only difference between the two is insufflation has a higher bioavailability. Insufflation has a higher bioavailability when snorting drugs that are polar molecules (aka can be dissolved into water) because it bypasses the liver by being absorbed into the bloodstream through the walls of your nasal cavity. This can harm your nose though.

As for snorting caffeine, it's kind of dumb. Mild rush, almost no euphoria, short half-life. Caffeine is almost impossible to OD on unless you're trying really hard to be an idiot about it. I'm tired so if I forgot to answer anything or failed to elaborate enough please feel free to ask more questions.

P.S. Googlex6, eat a ♥♥♥♥. Smug shitposting is still shitposting, even if you're pretending to be better than everyone else.

Mon May 06, 2013 6:23 pm
Data Realms SUPER Elite
Data Realms SUPER Elite

Nah that makes sense. I was under the assumption that it would be implausible to do enough for damage to occur, so it's nice to hear that that's true. To me it just looks more desperate to snort caffeine when you could put it in a drink and drink it. I mean, it's gotta be more comfortable to drink it. Maybe my nose is sensitive due to the constant bloody noses, or maybe it's something else, but I can't imagine that snorting something doesn't hurt.

Mon May 06, 2013 7:00 pm

Snorting drugs often can create a pleasurable association with snorting something, and really some people just like snorting drugs. It's a matter of taste, really. Unless you put drugs in your butt, you won't taste it then.

Mon May 06, 2013 11:01 pm

By the way, I know DRL isn't really that crowd, but I have a strict open door policy when it comes to addiction. Not necessarily just drugs, my family has a history of drug and alcohol abuse, myself included, so I understand addiction yada yada talk to me if you're addicted to something maybe I can help.

Tue May 21, 2013 3:25 pm

I'm addicted to smashing and breaking things when I get angry. Does that count?

Tue May 21, 2013 8:56 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Whitty, nuuuuuu, why you do this.

Tue May 21, 2013 9:45 pm

Because satisfaction.

Tue May 21, 2013 10:50 pm

No, but anger management skill is one of the most valuable things to a decent existence.

Thu May 23, 2013 2:54 am

Hey kids, PSA. It's shroom season, but be careful about what you eat. As in about 9x as careful as you would be with juggling loaded unsafetied firearms.

Happy hunting, kids, and remember, trespassing is illegal and fruitful.

Fri May 31, 2013 7:40 pm
Data Realms SUPER Elite
Data Realms SUPER Elite

Hey I had some shrooms a couple nights ago. I'm pretty sure they weren't for drugs because after quite a few, pretty much jack ♥♥♥♥ happened. Rather small ones with lanky shafts.

Fri May 31, 2013 10:35 pm

My experience with mushrooms is that they pretty much just make me feel like I'm really stoned. Not that that's a bad thing, but while a couple of my friends agree, most of them seem to trip mad balls from that ♥♥♥♥. Guess I'm just too alpha for my own good.

Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:21 am
Data Realms SUPER Elite
Data Realms SUPER Elite

I've definitely had reactions to shrooms which aren't possible on marijuana. Most significantly having the sidewalk turn a light purple and be all wavy, and then not be able to eat the two tacos I bought because I was sure they were alive.

Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:10 pm

Eat more/get non-bunk drugs. I promise you it's not all hype, you people wouldn't believe the things I've seen. Protip: If you're prescribed any drug on the regular, it's probably good to do some research on interactions with whatever drug you're swoobling your noodle with. Are you prescribed an SSRI, perhaps, Ociamarru?

Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:54 pm

No, it's probably just shitty product. I've tripped mad balls off acid just fine.

Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 81  Next