View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Your dreams 

Post Your dreams
We all know that dreams are surrealistic. And awesome. And we remember some of them
Why not share with others?
I'll go first

I dreamt I can teleport to other dimensions which involved moving though various houses via doors, like, I stand close to a door, close my eyes really shut, open them and *bam* im somewhere else. I was teleporting from one house to another. One of the occupants was an old veteran the other was a crazy woman.
Then I moved somewhere where dog sleds were used on mud. Dogs, eagles, hamsters and, cats tied up to those sleds. 'Twas weird
Right now I live in lodz, but I teleported to some kind of alternate reality where churches had more power than now, Russia was more powerful, Poland was smaller than now, and our main street in the city was ruined as hell and there were lots of churches. I met an old couple. We went to the tram and went to their house. On the way I asked them a few questions including "let me guess, the church is the most powerful thing here right?"
Then suddenly some old hag dressed in a gestapo coat catched me by the nose and started to crush it. I catched her my the arm and started to twist it. Then she started to say "whoever says anything bad about the church will be punished" and i was "blah blah blah yeah yeah". She started to say bad things at me, and I said nasty things to her. The WHOLE tram was quiet as hell, I know I gained respect When we got off, I was somehow sucked into a weird game. Like "sliding on blue ice, with boots on" "get on the ice" "slide aroud"
*wham*
Another competition. "Stand on your balcony, for no apparent reason, while the other team throws smoke bombs" I was like "dudes, don't breathe that ♥♥♥♥" and... Well. Thats the end of THAT dream

Next dream was pretty much more exciting
I dreamt of a last stand. Like "we are a group of survivors (L4D) we have a house, and defend against zombies" When we weren't defending against horde of zombies, survivors flowed to our house to find shelter in a bus. There were a LOT of them. One time we noticed that one of our girls was missing so we assembled a rescue team. Sadly, not everyone could go so I went to ask one other survivors. When I went to the other room (which was big as a small hangar) all of the survivors were gone. Now the weird part I had to take a dump (lolololo) there were no toilet (wtf) so I had to drop a log in the bathtub when I was about to do it, another wave of survivors came. I yelled "CAN I GET TO ♥♥♥♥ ALREADY JESUS CHRIST"
And my dream kinda ended here

Now, maybe others would like to hear your dreams too :)

Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:46 am

Post Re: Your dreams
There was one dream that I remember, I was falling through a bottomless pit or something like that. It was pitch black, and it was cold to the bone, and I can tell I am falling because I can feel the wind against me. All the while I got this overwhelming sense of dread and fear, as if I was being dipped in the pure essence of fear...
When I woke up, I can still feel the cold leaving my bones.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:44 pm
Profile YIM WWW

there was a bunch of monkeys with no heads in a zoo but they had faces on their chests and i had this bag of peanuts. i ate some and fed them for quite some time, just sitting in a stool feeding the monkeys. after a while, a zookeeper came in. the monkeys all glared at him and he held still. he tryed to back up but they ripped him to peices. i just watched calmly and contenued eating peanuts. i then went back to feeding them.

the most boring nightmare ever:
i was in collage waiting in line to buy a corndog for lunch for an excrutiatingly long line. when i bought it i went to eat it and droped it on the floor. I then proceeded wake up imediatly.

i have sketchy dreams

Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:11 pm

I had one where I am like a half werewolf half human thing and my nephew was a rat and we battled a spider and a mantis then we were at a golden waterfall and then I swam and the water turned into chocolate and Then suddenly i was in a Forrest and then I woke up

Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:24 pm

Hmm. I guess the most traumatic dream I had happened when I was 5 or so. I was having a picnic, when suddenly a flower plucked itself out of the ground, walked to my foot, and ate one of my toes (I wasn't wearing shoes, don't ask why). I was all like "WTF YOU DID THAT BRO?", when a bigger flower appeared and swallowed my foot whole. I've been kinda scared of flowers ever since. :roll:

Well, now something more interesting. I am in my secret workshop, and there's a lot of people there. What happens is that we have to defend from a demonic gorilla, or something along those lines. But here's the catch: the gorilla is disguised as a husky dog with horse legs. Then everybody goes inside, because they have to watch a soap opera, but I stay, to keep guard. Then suddenly the gorilla appears, someone shoots it and it polymorphs into a dog. With horse legs. Well, I try to run back into the house, but the floor is all slippery, so I advance really slow. Well, it takes me about half an hour, but I do get there eventually. Then, when I look, everyone is sitting down and watching a soap opera, except for my crazy grandmother (I do have a crazy grandmother, mind you), who throws me a shotgun, and says "Defend yourself!". Then the monkey grabs me by the eyes (don't ask me how) and takes me to Spiral Mountain (yes, the one from Banjo-Kazooie). But at the top of the mountain, there is a perfect, life-size replica of my workshop. From there on, things start to get a bit blurred and repeat themselves, except we have to defend against a demonic train driver, and not a gorilla. Well, in the end, I'm riding a sledge down a hill, but it stops because gravity ran out of fuel. Then I see the demonic train driver and scream "OMG ITS THE TRAIN DRIVER!" and he says he's not, then I ask him who he is then, and when he's about to say, I wake up.

I'm still angry I didn't find out who he was. But yeah, my dreams are one hell of a rant now that I think about it. :P

Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:28 pm
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
the gorilla is disguised as a husky dog with horse legs

I lol'd hard at this :D
@Joe: hell yeah!

Last edited by Skiv on Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:42 pm

I keep having a repetitive nightmare about that eyeball in your signature.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:43 pm

Recently I dreamt about a public toilet, except it was really ♥♥♥♥ creepy for some reason. There was like a candle or something, and this feeling of acute unease.

More interestingly, I had a dream way back when. It was a sort of slow pan round these three flesh-coloured machines on a black background, just sitting there in a line.
I felt like I'd had the same dream before, but I was sure that I'd never dreamt anything like that before. Like having a memory you don't recognise and can't remember having, I guess. If that makes any sense at all.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:43 pm
Profile WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

When I was younger I used to have this dream about a huge hole in the unfinished basement and it had scaffolding down to the bottom.
I recently had a single frame flashback to that one.

Not really scary because I live where the hole used to be lol.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:58 pm
happy carebear mom

Last night I dreamed that someone had found a fish that could very basically control the minds of mammals by firing a needle-like hair with a small organ attached into the skin around the skull. That someone soon amassed an army of them and attempted to control the world. I somehow had impressive jumping, flipping, and landing abilities, and frequently just jumped over buildings for fun, but that fun was before I learned of the dastardly fish plot, which deepened when the someone finally bred several different fish with different colored barbs to blend in with people's hair, thus making detection of taken people nigh on impossible. The taken didn't act any different, as the fish's mind control, instead of being a direct control, simply shuffled around and created priorities in a person's mind (thus if given a command to kill someone, the controlled person felt as if they had acquired an extreme dislike and/or fear of the target person and an urge to remove them from the earth).
I don't know if this is classified as a nightmare or a heroic epic dream, since I didn't get captured or anything but I also didn't solve the problem before I woke up.

Also, jumping over buildings while doing backflips is absolutely bitchin'.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:42 pm
Loose Canon

Damn Duh, your dreams are awesome. The best I can come up with is being able to turn into a plant. Oh, and power sliding a minivan into the parking lot of a grocery store. All from the same dream BTW.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:52 pm
Profile WWW

I suck at remembering dreams; just a few hours ago I woke up trying to hold on to the few remaining memories I had of a dream I had last night, but they slipped away. To me, for a few hours after waking up, there seems to be a mental force hell-bent on erasing my memory of dreams, which can only be overcome with persistent concentration. -snip- (What I previously had here was apparently more likely to digress into an unrelated, unintelligible argument than bring up a related interesting point of discussion, I'd like to avoid that)

Most of my wacky, strange dreams, akin to the ones others in the thread have recalled, are too arbitrary for me to really articulate into a lasting memory. Although I do remember a dream of a sking mummy crash-landing through my kitchen window, in Kansan summer weather. He very considerately left a card with his contact information so we could later sort out the damage expenses. He had a very important business meeting to attend. On his way out the door, he got eaten by our cats. I was very confused, and quickly gave up on making sense of it, which is where my memory of the dream ends. I may have made up the part with the cats last time I told the story of this dream, and really convinced myself that it was part of the story. I can't really remember now, and there's no record of the story other than my own memory.

I had a dream that felt unusually real where I got my throat slit and really did die in the dream, first hand. There are many more details, but I feel a little silly explaining them. It was quite an extreme experience, to the point that it's surprising that I took it in stride and wasn't really changed by it.

On the opposite side of the spectrum is another dream I remember pretty well from when I was ten or so. Me and my brother were on the couch in mom's basement, reluctantly eating stale chips, and watching a rerun of Stargate SG1 for the forth time. (A show I wasn't interested in ever watching in the first place) I was so bored out of my senses, that I decided to go to sleep, even though I wasn't tired, as this might be better at killing time. I fell asleep immediately, which is very unusual for me. In the dream, I was... in mom's basement, on the couch, eating stale chips, watching a rerun of SG1 for the forth time. I knew I had gone to sleep, and that this was a dream, and let out an exasperated groan. Had I realized the opportunities of a lucid dream at the time, even then I may have idly sat in the dull purgatory, due to a rock bottom lack of motivation. I'm amazed I ever bothered waking up... Which I certainly did at some point or another, although I don't specifically remember it.

I've never really had a complete 'flying dream', as far as I can remember, although I vaguely remember having a limited gliding ability in a dream once.

Last edited by Azukki on Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:01 pm
REAL AMERICAN HERO

remembering dreams is for weak-willed simpletons

clearly being GENETICALLY DIFFERENT BABY means you don't remember dreams

Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:24 pm

@Grif you're just too much of a PUSSY to MAN UP and remember dreams. You're afraid of them, you scaredy cat.

I had a dream where everything was grayscale except instead of black and white it was blue and white. I was in a mall and I wandered around a bit until I saw a boy and a girl making a tower of some sort out of small pipe sections; it was probably some sort of toy set. Their structure was getting pretty tall, about the neck height of one of us. I expressed a desire to help them, but they gave me a dirty and look and then ignored me. The End.

I also had another ream where I was in sort sort of fancy bright, oversized kitchen with lots of sinks with those fancy grinder things at the bottom. I was with a woman I knew I loved. She was smiling, and we were both very happy just to be with each other, until she began to stick her arm into one of those grinders. Blood splattered everywhere while she continued to smile at me. I couldn't move and I pleaded with her to stop, but she assured me everything was fine and continued to mutilate herself until she died. The End.

I also had a flying dream one time. But then in the dream I realized that flying is impossible, so I fell to the ground.

Almost all of my dreams are long, meaningless journeys or kinda emo. I don't get awesome dreams like other people.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:30 pm

Most of my dreams nowadays are lame, probably because I'm no longer loaded with...let's see, I used to take two sleep-aid pills, three AD/HD pills, an antidepressant, and three other pills that I don't remember what they were for every day. But, yeah, back then my dreams were actually interesting. Now they're just lame; last dream I had, that wasn't a nightmare? Uh...I woke up (in the dream), went on the computer, saw some girl I like got a FaceBook, added her, she was offline, so I went back to sleep (in the dream; I was sleeping the entire time). So when I woke up I had no reason to believe it HADN'T happened, and it didn't so when I went on FaceBook and she wasn't added I was confused. Only a few dreams nowadays have been interesting.

Best dream, though, was when I was lucidly dreaming; it started out, I was in a lab. Hmmm...when I was like eight I think. But, uh, then this plant-thing starting snaking towards me, and I crawled underneath a table, and thought, 'Wait a minute, that looks like a piranha plant from Mario! Hmmm...those aren't real. Wait, I'm dreaming!' Normally, when I realize I'm dreaming (or used to, when strange things happened in my dreams), I'd wake up. But this time I somehow didn't, and I basically just dicked around in my dream world.

Waitwaitwait, no. That was ONE of my best dreams, but the best one felt like it lasted a few days; I remember going to sleep a couple of times in it. Maybe the day/night cycles were accelerated, but it didn't seem like it, because the first day I was at school.
Anyway, throughout it I had progressively more powerful telekinesis powers; at the beginning, I noticed it on the busride to school where I just noticed I could control particles of dust. Then at school I started tossing a piece of hair about, and by the end of the day I could move around things the size of pennies. When I woke up after getting home and sleeping (in the dream) then I practiced and ended up being able to move piles of pennies. Then at the end of THAT day I ended up being able to toss desks 'n' such. But by then some government organization or something noticed and tried to track me down.

That was the best part; it started out as a cat-and-mouse chase where I was running and hiding, and by the end of THAT dream-day it was a stalemate; I could hold my own, but couldn't make them leave. After finding a place to hide, and sleep, I woke up, and it became a cat-and-mouse chase again. But this time, the government people were the mice, and I was just playing god with them. Then after playing god for a few hours I went to dream-sleep and woke up. Hmmm...this was when I was 10, I think. Back when I used to believe in psychic bull♥♥♥♥. So when I woke up (finally in real life) I was so excited because I thought I was telekinetic; tried it out, couldn't do ♥♥♥♥, realized it was a dream, and was sad the rest of the day.

My nightmares nowadays are usually pretty good, though. Kinda like mini thrillers, usually. They vary a lot. There aren't very many I remember in detail, though. One of 'em, from last year, basically I was being chased by a killer and kept on fainting, and the people I was with (all my friends and family) were being murdered and I'd get up and see their bodies hanging all mutilated. Then it had an M. Night Shamalan ending where it turned out that whenever I blacked out I was killing people. Pretty freaky, I thought.

But one I remember in more detail, this year, wasn't really as scary, just unsettling. I was with a few of my friends, and we were for some reason in some poor place in a forested area, kinda like a jungle. And for some reason we were climbing through the trees to get away from something that was never explicitly stated as for what it was. And one of the heavier-set people climbed over this rotting would, so I said, "If you can go over that, I'll be fine." When I got on it, it groaned and broke, and I started falling like a hundred feet, crashing through branches.
When I hit the ground, I got up, and heard a loud rumbling. Water gushed out and I got tossed around and flew downhill, slamming through a door of some shack in the middle of the jungle. There were three girls there and at first it seemed normal, but then I noticed that over time they were getting more and more creepified. Like, they were slowly changing into ♥♥♥♥ things. But before it got too interesting or entertaining, or even that nightmarish, the damned alarm clock woke me up.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 206 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next