View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
 Your dreams 

Post Re: Your dreams
Mind wrote:
I'm 96 1/2% sure that you always have dreams, it's just you don't remember them, rather than not having them. From what I've read, keeping a dream journal (lol yea) helps your brain to get in the habit of remembering dreams, so you then remember more, and in addition with other techniques, you can eventually go lucid.

I have yet to do this

I vouch for this method , tried and it worked for me

Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:10 pm
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Yeah dreams are a requirement for the whole 'sleep' thing to actually work as 'sleep'. Though man, those days when you go to sleep and don't feel the passage of time--those are weird, man.

Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:42 pm

Yeah it is pretty weird when you close your eyes and then open em and it's magically 8 hours later. Freaky stuff.

Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:48 pm

I had an honest to god dream today, pretty cool stuff. First it was me n my friend Devlin in an apartment complex kind of thing, but it was his birthday, and there were stores in the complex, like a mall where you can live. Then other friends came over and we bought Devlin a 360 wireless controller that was white but had kickass glowing green decal notches and blue lights on it. Then we took turns hanging out with him outside, and sneaking around other people's rooms, specifically the top-floor penthouse. Then I forget, but I was trying to get my sister down from an apartment roof that was smaller and lower than the others, but still around 2 or so stories high. There was a ladder propped up to a slant by another ladder, and I was climbing it to get to her but she kicked it over and jumped through a window. I landed inside the brush canopy and fell slowly, not taking any damage from the impact, but I could not see down there, so I slowly made my way out, cursing Sylvia for kicking the ladder, and when I got back, pops diagnosed me with some rash or somthing. I looked in a mirror and there was a clear section obviously damaged, right across my neck, and on my nostrils. In real life, what was happening was I was face first in the pillow and had a blanket choking me. After that I pretty much woke up. I'm amazed that I remember it.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:55 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

When you feel nothing you are falling.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:07 pm

I had a very strange dream that somehow combined Mass Effect and the American Civil War....

Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:35 am

Solus wrote:
I had a very strange dream that somehow combined Mass Effect and the American Civil War....

Something just kinda says 'Game addiction' out loud... i wonder what it is.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:50 am

I also hate it when you're just about asleep then you feel like you're falling and suddenly wake up.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:22 am

I had a dream today that holy fudge it was hardcore. I was living on the third floor of a building, but there was something growing on the fourth floor. Something organic. And when I went to sleep every night, I could hear it breathing... and screaming. And every morning, when I woke up, I could see that the walls were becoming more and more soaked with blood, and that some disturbing pictures had been placed on random places of the apartment. Good heavens, I was scared to death by then. And sometimes, when I opened a door that had also appeared overnight, I could see parts of it... huge disform blobs of... something, with occasional ghostly faces coming out to look at me. It was like a mix of Dead Space with Trilby's Notes, but without the space or the irish hotel. I ran away. I was about to get out of the building, when suddenly someone screamed "OMG IT HAS TENTACLES!".

That was too much for my "disturbing dream" failsafe, and I unconsciously threw myself out of my bed, in a desperate attempt to wake up. Well, it worked, but also hurt pretty hard when my head hit the floor. Then I went back to bed, and dreamed about playing CC. And gee, that dream was awesome.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:35 pm
Profile WWW

Sounds like the Paranoia IRC last session.

I had a dream and it was fun but I can't remember it.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:51 pm

I had this dream that I had a small third nostril-ish orifice on the tip of my nose, and for some reason, behind it, the was a cavity of impossible size/proportions, (Like the Tardis, the cavity could not have fit inside the container) with a surface that looked like exposed, smooth bone, curved kind like a forehead, but it was too low to be my forehead.
I only had a vague sensation that something about that wasn't right, and was more concerned about getting a cotton swab to try and clean a smudge on that surface.

I forgot about this dream initially, when I had it a couple days ago, but just a bit ago I thought of Coalition soldier face mask vents, and it came back to me.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:59 am

I had a dream that I didn't have skin, and I was trying to get a grain of sand or something out of a fold near my left eye, on the edge of where the slit normally is, between it and the nose.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:38 am
Profile WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

I once dreamed that my arm was hollow and it had a zipper and that inside my arn was my jacket...
and this other one where I had kinda two holes in my arm.
That still freaks me out somehow.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:13 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Living blankets, wrapping around people, blood, no remains...

Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:20 am

I've had a few dreams lately, most of which have been really weird and fuzzy, with the subject being a little disturbing.

However, I do have a few dreams from my past that I wouldn't mind sharing.

When I was a wee little toddler I went to sleep at preschool and took a nap around the middle of the day.
Usually it was pretty tranquil, but one time I had a dream.
I was in my house, minding my own business, when a huge, gigantic spider comes out of nowhere.
Now, back then I was REALLY paranoid about spiders. And this spider was one of those little yellow ones that people always call 'harmless'- except it was huge.
Basically the rest of the dream consisted of me and my family running away from it benny hill style, while we all got eaten one by one, like a horror movie. Then, at the end, the spider cornered me and gobbled me up. It's silly when I think about it, but it really had me scared before.

Another dream I remember pretty clearly was me sitting in a classroom, wearing only my underwear. Nobody noticed or cared, and neither did I. I was just chillin'. :P

Anyway, I'm going to go to sleep now. I'll make sure to come back with an interesting story to tell.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:30 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next