View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:38 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 I think it's about time to raise some ♥♥♥♥ questions 

Post Re: I think it's about time to raise some ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ questions
CrazyMLC wrote:
Ophanim.

Though you do make some valid points, you do it in the least polite way possible.
You insult him and his work, then you call him a con artist.
To top it all you try and incite some sort of riot.

Data reads your post and, understandably, bans you.

What do you do? You come along, using an alt, and accuse him of overreacting to what you seem to call an honest, polite opinion, and continue to tell him that he's thankless to you for ALL you've done for him.

What do you do when Data responds negatively? You post your conversation and accuse Data of wrongdoing.

What do you expect?
Ophanim, You're being manipulative and rude, and you expect to be treated with respect?

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm gonna agree with ophanim n this one.

Ophanim wrote:
Let me start off by apologizing for my previous rude behavior. I think the ban was quite unnecessary, but then again so was my insults. I was angry, and understandably so...

You put forth the work to get the product you have, but we're the ones who put forth the money...

The community is the reason you've gotten several awards. We're the reason your game is so popular. We're the reason you're successful at all. I personally bought three keys, two for people who couldn't afford them, simply because I love this game and I wanted to share it with people. I've convinced much more than that to buy it. I'm sure there are people in the community who have done even more.

...now, we feel forgotten. You don't care about the community, because you already have our money,

data wrote:
if I'm the worst indie developer, then you're certainly the worst fan I've ever heard of.

You know you're not welcome here, and haven't been for years.

I don't read the PM's here, exactly because of people like yourself.

- D

lets see "not welcome here, and haven't been for years." Ophanim, how long ago did you buy the game?

Not only that, I believe there's been more Mod content than total game content, including duplicates. there have been mods made, with more content, and more updates, than this game has ever had, made by as few people (person).

at this point, We've put forward all the money, and we've put forward alot more time, and effort, into creating content, advertising, and community managing. Data hires weasel, to get rid of all the people who have been around for a while, and bought the game, and then gets rid of him so he doesn't scare off any of the new people that come in, fresh out of the bundle.

Lazy I can understand, I'm lazy all the time. but its one thing to go "sorry guys, I'll do better next time", to going OUT OF THE WAY to profit, without any work, AND kick out everyone who knows better. thats bad buisness, thats being a jackass. The Rothschilds would be proud.

Developer released DRM Free version to the public, and is therefor now Freeware. Mass hotlink to DLs, Mass Reupload. go. Don't even care if banned.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:03 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Bannage will be a-happenin. Jussayin.

Anyhoo, no matter how big of a ♥♥♥♥ move B24 was, Data's still right. No matter how ♥♥♥♥ dumb that argument is, we still purchased exactly what we've been playing for the last however many years. It's dumb, and I wish Data tried harder, but he's right. It was written in big red print. Not his fault if you don't agree.

Needless to say, even without B24, B23 was still more than completely ♥♥♥♥ worth my $20. Absolutely. I got more hours out of that than I did Fallout 3, and that's saying something.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:08 pm
Profile WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Miles_T3hR4t wrote:
Developer released DRM Free version to the public, and is therefor now Freeware.

What are you? Stupid?

Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:09 pm

It's like I always say. Don't argue with a man with a banhammer. Or at least be more passive-aggressive, the overt insults aren't very chill. Personally? I'd have banned him, too, nothing against him as a person, but he was being an asshat.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:12 pm

Lizard wrote:
Miles_T3hR4t wrote:
Developer released DRM Free version to the public, and is therefor now Freeware.

What are you? Stupid?

when a developer releases the full version for free, with no listed limitations. plain and simple.

also, /v/ may or may not be having some fun right now.

goodbye forums. have fun, don't kill anyone.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:13 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Ben, you stole my word. Even though it totally applies.

Also, Lizard is right. Just because you can find a torrent for any ♥♥♥♥ game ever, doesn't mean they're all freeware. Data gave those to us as a public show of good-faith because he knew we wanted to see the new build. Incomplete as it was, it was still in good faith.

EDIT: wow, Honestly? You take data's act of good will and you ♥♥♥♥ let it loose? Guess he'll just take the build down then. You're an idiot.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:16 pm
Profile WWW
happy carebear mom

Ok, this topic has run it's course I believe. Miles, I'm strongly tempted to ban you just for being an asshat about freeware vs DRM free. It's people like you that got us into this damn DRM mess and I'm mad as hell at you.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:17 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5