View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:09 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 I think it's about time to raise some ♥♥♥♥ questions 

Post Re: I think it's about time to raise some ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ questions
Meh, I guess I just don't get it. Carry on.

Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:56 pm

I don't see that happening. Usually it's older games that don't earn that don't earn that much money anymore that get open sourced. This happened in the previous indie bundle. Lugaru is fun, but not much more than a toy and a pretty old one at that, the same goes for penumbra and gish. 2D boy however closed up and didn't go open.

Dan knows that whenever he launches a new build, even if it sucks or lacks in everything some new people will come around and buy it. While I do agree that he should go open or, at the very least, optimize it a bit and then pass it on to the content devs to do their job it just won't happen.

And too bad data won't come around and even take a look at this topic. And if if he does absolutely nothing will happen. This is how it is and how it shall continue.

Last edited by FoiL on Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:57 pm

I agree with the idea here, but I haven't gotten my hands on B24 to try it yet...

But I do know that some work on the game is better than none.

When I bought the game, I was promised nothing. Only the current version, nothing more.
He never said there would be more versions, but there usually were.

Every update I've gotten since I bought the game has been something that I've been given that I didn't really pay for, and I'm glad for that.
If B24 is really as bad as you make it sound, then I understand your disappointment.

But personally, I'm thankful for it. Please note: Opinion may change after trying B24...

Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:00 pm
Profile WWW

Oh god I truly hope the source code is released, if it is I will work on it a lot (though I'd be curious as to how/if we would be able to distribute it).

Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:16 pm

Creative commons.

Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:30 pm
Profile WWW

This thread has brought me out of retirement. Yeah, im back, dont all go crazy all at once. Most of you guys probably dont know or remember me..

Anyway, the way you guys are talking it sounds like you're all rape victims, but i understand your pain. I cant help like i got a little bit ripped off, but more so, im disappointed. Disappointed at wasted potiential, and that such a good idea has been ♥♥♥♥ on so hard. I know this thread wont be a wake up call for dan, the only thing that will wake him up is if all the money suddenly disappeared and he had to push out another update. Money is a good modivator, and even if it was his sole modivator, he could have just pretended that he had some interest in this project.

My hope for this thread is that we inspire some brain box out there to reverse engineer the code and work on the game with a new community dev team and release the game as open-source instead. A group of people who arint in it for the money but are in it for the love.

Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:46 pm
A HUMAN BRAIN, SAFELY INSULATED FROM THE TERRORS OF HYPERSPACE

Location: Somewhere beyond the endless sea of hyperspace, fighting for your right to call a planet home.
Post Re: I think it's about time to raise some ♥♥♥♥ questions
Dan, as one of your staff members, I'm just going to say this publicly because I'm sure even if you're not reading this topic now, you will eventually.

If you truly intend to continue this project? Continue it. Not later, but now. Stop posting concept screenshots every 6 months because now we know it's just lies to keep people buying your game. Within 2 months, get this game up to the shape you'd implied it was going to be.

And if you don't intend to continue this project, obviously you don't have the means to give us our money back. The very least you can do is apologize profusely and release the game open source. It won't save your reputation immediately but it would put it on the first step to recovery.

That's about all I can say at this point.

Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:43 pm

Open source would be nice.

Oooooh! I got one.
Notch can *easily* buy out Datarealms and we can get some progress up in here.

Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:16 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Shame we dont know what the game is coded in. Then perhaps a decompiler could me made.

Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:32 pm
Profile WWW
happy carebear mom

It's C++ with some libraries that are listed in the credits.txt file.

Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:35 pm

whitty wrote:
Open source would be nice.
Notch can *easily* buy out Datarealms and we can get some progress up in here.

Nonono, don't give him any ideas. Notch needs to focus on Minecraft.

Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:39 pm

He'd finish Minecraft AND be able to rework the CC engine while teaching himself C++ in half the time it would take Dan to finish it/release a new build.

Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:40 pm

There's so much truth in that statement that it's saddening.

Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:48 pm

Anyone could do that, releasing a new build in half of the time it would take Data to do it (never) would not be very difficult even for someone who can't code or read english.

Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:04 pm

lmao if that twitter post doesn't make anyone who purchased CC mad as ♥♥♥♥ you're not responsible with your money

cc is a bad game, the source shouldn't even be released, someone should just make a better clone of it and give data some real competition so everyone stops buying this game.

but tbh the idea of CC itself is flawed and any expansion beyond a complete campaign seems out of the game's scope. there is not much left for CC other than a campaign. it's pretty much done. I'm sort of happy that it should have been done(half a year ago).

but being arrogant and posting about how bissfully lazy he is is what should be angering.

Last edited by Patriot24 on Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:37 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next