View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 32  Next
 Introduce yourself here! 
Moderator Hero

Post Re: Introduce yourself here!
I'm Seraph and I've been registered here since December 2006, but I'd bet that I was lurking beforehand for a while. So I'm old.

I am (depending on who you will believe) the automated moderation system based on the London server of Datarealms, available 24 hours a day with a slew of scripts and gadgetry to make me appear as an angry human entity.

The government would have you believe I am actually a tax paying citizen that drinks to much and does awesome stuff in the realm of music.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:12 pm

Hello! I'm CaveCricket48, and I've been around since Jun 12, 2007. I help create official content for CC, and I'm also a modder. Feel free to PM me anytime if you need Lua help, just don't send me modding requests.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:26 pm

Hi there! I'm CrazyMLC.

You may know me from such delightful things as... wait you don't know me! That's why you're here!
Well,

First off, I joined Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:20 pm. Meaning I've been around for... what? 365 times... divided by... carry the one... 1436 days! That'll be exactly four years in about four days.

I feel tempted to write my life forum story, but I don't want to bore anyone, not too much at least, so I'll just summarize it.

When I first joined I was a spastic weird typo-making user called crazyMLC. (No capitalization! :O)
But I slowly reformed over time, making mods as I went. I did make some decent ones, nothing really worth mentioning... But slowly I lost interest in modding, until I just stopped.
Once I stopped modding I left the community for a bit, but have since RETURNED. (Only to become slightly inactive again, against my will.)

I've been striving to make good pixel art, music, and games. My initial attempts at "Game Design" can be found here, where I spent time experimenting with what made games fun. I also had a great time doing it, and I recorded most of what was going on. (Ever heard of paranoia?)

If you're interested in looking at my pixel art, then you can take a look-see here. (Do know that some of the art on my profile is just edits of works other people have done.)
I also wrote a tutorial on pixel art here. It's simply begging for an update though.

As far as music, well, I'm still learning. (TLB has actually given me a helping hand with that. Did anyone know he could make great music?)

And as far as game design, well, I'm wanting to learn how to program so I can make my own games... but for now I'm experimenting with the content of games rather than the code! What I'm doing is I'm using a program that allows you to make (limited) programs and games without programming knowledge. (No, not game maker, but I should give it a try.)

I do know some programming languages, but only to a certain extent. To those interested, I know small amounts of C++, FreeBasic, QuickBasic, and Lua. (I stress small.)

Recently I've been less active due to schoolwork, but never fear, I shall return!

Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:52 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I am not entirely sure about myself.
[All I can say is that I am good with most MDC Heavy Arms. I point, and all the bodies, roll away, all of them, dead.]

I am Foa.

Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:14 am

Hey im promostarr, but you can call me Promo!
I stumbled onto CC in Dec 06 but i got this account in Jan 07.
I never really made any awesome mods and i cant sprite. but i can... DANCE!
I left here around 2 years ago because i got distracted by another forum, but after the release of B24 im back again!

This time im i hope to make something and contribute to this community a whole lot more.

Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:04 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I be teh Natti who has made exactly one weapon and 3 B24-incompatible scenes.

I mostly lurk and sometimes post, mostly when I find a good mod or have to guide a newb.

Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:33 pm

I'm JacenHanLovesLegos, JHLL for short. I've known CC since late 2009, then got this account sometime in 2010. So I'm new. I'm also trying to answer questions and be helpfull in general. I also can do cheap mod edits. I can also be found at Bay12Forums. I also like to use the word also.

Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:18 pm

Eh, why not.
I'm Azukki.
The name is meaningless, but it's a pronounceable meaninglessness. "A zoo key"
I'm also known as Cy. Not initials; a shortening of the name Cyrus. Pronounced "Sigh", not "Kai"
Kansan college student. A technical college, living at home, so it's not an incredibly interesting student life.

I've been here since 2007. I originally got interested with CC in B13, but didn't really get involved until B18 or so.
I've made quite a few mods, some are pretty good.
I also made the modding templates and a few guides, which I admittedly haven't kept up too well. :oops:
I'm pretty good with CC's ini modding, so I often help people in the Mod Making section. I'm also decent with spriting and Lua scripting.

Last edited by Azukki on Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:04 pm

My name is on the left over there. I'm a near full-time lurker, coming out occasionally to offer mod feedback/contribute to the thread. Cutting up code is what I do, and I mess with sprites once in a while. I enjoy Dwarf Fortress, Fallout, and CC most out of the stuff on my computer.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:41 pm
My name is Talic, got this game via Indie bundle thing and I love this! Only downside is that all those old wonderful mods are now deleted/ragequitted/been overrun new version which I do not like so much/not compatible with new build.

I have 58-60 games in Steam, and I tend to play TF2/Dow's (1&2 plus their expansions)/KF/RO etc. when I have the feeling, mostly though TF2. If you have been in Saxton Hale servers/UKCS servers you may have seen Talic (FIN), thats me (Also applies several other games.)

Propably seeing you guys gaming in those games.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:21 pm

Well.
I'm Raintail.
I can't remember how old I am, I wanna say B14-ish. I remember when Builb your own bunker was the new thing, hah.
Friend of mine turned me here, he no longer plays.
I lurked until I made my account, and since then I've just really lurked. Never make anything, contribute anything...can't sprite, can't code (well), can't think on a daily basis. At least I'm good at math? Hah.
I'm just dead weight that bought CC and both HIB's. Oh, Minecraft too.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:02 am
Foolamancer here. Picked up the game with the latest Humble Indie Bundle, and decided to poke around here for any mods which may exist. I really enjoy Cortex Command, but the content is a little sparse.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:44 am

Mail(username on ancient habit) here, old modder, specializing in sparkle magic(aka Lua), as well as some ini ability.

I've been here since before build 18(not sure which build exactly), posting in at intervals(my first few posts were retarded).

I've made a scene, a random objects pack and a few contest entries(including one WIP).

Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:58 pm

Howdy! Just thought i'd say HI! Ive been playing cc for a few months now and love it. kind of reminds me of lemmings in a way. Anyways keep up the good work i look foreword to playing the full version one day. :)

Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:48 am

I'm Joe. I've been playing CC since B21. I enjoy well rounded, well thought-out mods. I'm good at spriting and okay at fixing bugs. My computron is 3 years old, runs Vista Home Premium, has a single core processor (sh!tty) an Intel motherboard-integrated graphics card (sh!ttier). CC runs like a dream, though, seeing as how I have 8 GB RAM.

Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 32  Next