View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 New keyboard 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: New keyboard
The keys stick out far too much for it to be a good touchtyping-keyboard. Have you even looked up the other suggested keyboards?

Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:16 am

I got the Logitech S520 wireless board and mouse combo.... Not bad, the keys stick out sort of halfway, not like a laptop. Has a nice feel and is a good size. Only a few function buttons but, meh.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:06 pm

Natti wrote:
The keys stick out far too much for it to be a good touchtyping-keyboard. Have you even looked up the other suggested keyboards?

uh, no they don't? you clearly have never used a good keyboard

guarantee I can type faster than you on this filco majestouch(same OEM as the rosewill) than you can on w.e you have. far more comfortable as well.

and findude was looking for a good gaming keyboard, not a touchtyping keyboard. the majestouch is used by the majority of professional starcraft players. that alone is a testimony to its use as a gaming keyboard.

btw, razer lycosa will be completely worn away after 3 months. the rubber finish on the keys wears off extremely easy, the keys wear away like they are made of sand, it is bad. build quality is trash.

G11/G15 are just jokes as far as gaming keyboards. part of the joke is that they are called gaming keyboards, I suppose. they are more befitting of a media center computer with the stupidly large amount of macro keys that a real "gamer" would never use. ultrax is the same. terrible choice in key switches. usually matches in games are highly dependent on specific execution, and having keys that you could accidentally press moving across the board is bad.

why would I need to look up any of the other suggested keyboards when I have actual first-hand experience?

Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:27 pm

Nonsequitorian wrote:
This:

>[IMG]<

I'm using the older model now; I don't have the number pad. It's a dream. Did you know that the buttons with the letters on 'em can also be used to do a special thing called "type," or was I the clever duck that figured that out?

Geezus that's an old keyboard, it don't even have the function key yet!

[Edit:]
Oh, and can you beat 120 WPM on your little sports car-keyboard? I pride myself with being one of the faster typists I know.

I have it in black.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:35 pm

Oh god I am not going to write a novel 1000 rpm I just want a keyboard that does not fall apart the second I take it out of the box.
Plus side if I can use it for inputting data into the computer.

But yeah, no filco importers here.

I just want to get rid of this hp-thing. It's old, and the rough plastic material itself is optimized for maximal dead skin collection.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:38 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

findude wrote:
Oh god I am not going to write a novel 1000 rpm I just want a keyboard that does not fall apart the second I take it out of the box.
Plus side if I can use it for inputting data into the computer.

But yeah, no filco importers here.

I just want to get rid of this hp-thing. It's old, and the rough plastic material itself is optimized for maximal dead skin collection.

Logitech UltraX Premium is cheap and good. Go get it.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:18 am

So Razer keyboards are ♥♥♥♥?
I was reading reviews on Newegg and there were quite a few horrible reviews (mostly about the same problems) but the ones I were looking at had 4/5 eggs.

*EDIT*
I'm thinking about getting this one cuz I've come across some money:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6823114012

Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:21 am

their build quality is terrible. I've had a lachesis and goliathus for something like a year and a half, both work like the day I got them still.

I had a razer lycosa and it was practically falling apart after 3 months. It functioned, sure, but the wear on the keys was extremely noticeable due to the rubbery texture wearing off. The letters on my wasd were practically worn away. The keys on the board felt as if they lacked any stabilizers, it was generally poor.

blackwidow looks ok but it's razer's first attempt at pushing out a mechanical keyboard so who knows if its stabilizers could be garbage etc etc. It'll feel different because of the altered key layout from a standard keyboard. Keypresses will be the same as the $99 rosewill. 30bux extra for audio ports+backlighting.

btw this is europe's desginated filco retailer I believe, no ordering from taiwan necessary - http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard_deta ... RODUCT=649

can't order the rosewill because you're from finland, I am assuming.

edit:

wow the blackwidow doesn't have N-key rollover. yeah that's p bad.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2