View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
 Dubstep 

Post Re: Dubstep
whitty wrote:
DTP wrote:
Quote:
Unfortunately my bass wound up sounding more like some sort of buzzing spring thing. its close, but I can't seem to get it to have a good *bass* sound without instrument stuttering without the wub-wub effect. but anyway for those of you interested you can now have a glass of mork. (yes I re-used the name from before, cause I thought it was funny)

do you even own a subwoofer miles there is almost 0 decent bass here

LOL fail.
Also, it appears it will take an infinite amount of time for me to get Skrillex. Average 0.1 kB/s.

should work fine if you buy it legally, skrillex sells through a few brostep retailers.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:23 am

Link meh.

Also I totally wasn't downloading a torrent with songs in it that just happened to be discussed in this thread, no way no how.

[User was warned for discussion of illegal torrents.]

Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:24 am

Blackjacktom wrote:

I wouldn't call that dubstep really, It's more like faster trip-hop. And I wouldn't really call that bass, thats such a low frequency its barely audible. I'm not complaining though, A Triphop is fine too
---edit
If you like that, here's this - Aztech - Manifesto

Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:02 pm
Profile YIM WWW
maybe i didnt look hard enough but im shocked to see no skream on this thread :roll: not a big fan of the harder stuff personally, after a while i found it all started to sound the same, much prefer the ragga style ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v-GFK9EykI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsNYcEsG ... re=related

Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:48 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9x3tWsNWLw

Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:37 pm

Miles_T3hR4t wrote:
Blackjacktom wrote:

I wouldn't call that dubstep really, It's more like faster trip-hop. And I wouldn't really call that bass, thats such a low frequency its barely audible.

WUBWUB does not dubstep make. Most of Burial's stuff is like... prototypical dubstep. It definitely belongs here. More so than most of Skrillex's stuff or deadmau5 of all things.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:59 pm

Ah, now that two people have mentioned it, I guess I'm obliged to respond, rather than hope no one notices it.
I don't really know what I was thinking when I posted them.

I'd try and redeem myself by posting some actual dubstep, but I can never remember the name of anything I like.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:23 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Probably because it's very hard to distinguish between individual dubstep-esque tracks, but I find I don't remember the names of any of them. This is really annoying for when I want them back, and one of the reasons why I'm listening to Disturbed right now, instead of dubstep. It's just not a convenient form of music in that sense.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:42 pm

How could you forget this/

Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:55 pm

Miles_T3hR4t wrote:
Blackjacktom wrote:

I wouldn't call that dubstep really

lol? you don't know what dubstep is at all miles. THAT is dubstep. SKRILLEX stuff posted is BROSTEP. you'll notice it has more in common with rave music and the fast paced stress of metal rather than dub. brostep. the joke poisoning dubstep.

you said the bass is barely audible? buy a component subwoofer and 3/4" MDF, a good amp, and get a sub going that isn't trash. you will hear it loud and clear.

Quote:
skream

yessss

Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:11 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEP1CkA3Jps

Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:09 pm

♥♥♥♥, music genres make my head hurt. id just all this ♥♥♥♥ dance music and be done.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:32 pm

MstrNetHead wrote:
Miles_T3hR4t wrote:
Blackjacktom wrote:

I wouldn't call that dubstep really, It's more like faster trip-hop. And I wouldn't really call that bass, thats such a low frequency its barely audible.

WUBWUB does not dubstep make. Most of Burial's stuff is like... prototypical dubstep. It definitely belongs here. More so than most of Skrillex's stuff or deadmau5 of all things.

Proto dubstep? That my friend, would be reggae. Reggae > Reggae dub. Reggae dub + Triphop&DNB = Dubstep. The "Dub" In dubstep is VERY Rooted in Reggae.

Reggae is proto-dub, Burial is more like the seasonings used for little bit of extra flavor.

--edit
Ironically I like reggae, and I like dubstep, (hard dubstep, or dark dub would be a more accurate name than 'brostep'), but the combination of the two.... I hate it... It just sounds to... goofy.

--Re-Edit
DTP wrote:
♥♥♥♥, music genres make my head hurt. id just all this ♥♥♥♥ dance music and be done.

This should help. Its a little out-dated and cuts off at about 2000, but you'll get the idea.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:44 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Simple but really chill reggae dubstep
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivW8f8hfbAg
Another nice sounding song, not particularly special but has a nice bass drop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZkzcm7ubQg

Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:31 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lLqqR2pcws

Sums up my Dubstep opinion pretty well.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next