View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 A new computer! 

Post Re: A new computer!
I do not want the computer my mum got because, I don't like the Windows 7 OS.
And what do you mean I don't sound 12?

Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:49 am

I have a question: Why would you get a shotgun to the head if you wanted to do some honest work? Are your parents some backwards ♥♥♥♥ retard morons, or are you one of those weird sheltered kids that never goes outside? Seriously, why would someone prevent you from working?

Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:55 am
DRLGrump

I used to know a girl whose family wouldn't let her get a job because "school is her job". Stupidest ♥♥♥♥ thing I'd ever heard.
Also, it's because you seem pretty articulate. Most 12 year olds on the internet aren't.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:00 am

First of all I am not one of those sheltered kids that stays in his room all day. Secondly my parents are great.
And last of all its not that anyone is stopping me from working, its just that none of those jobs are wanted.

I don't want to make this turn into a huge flame war, the new purpose of this thread will now be trying to find out
a good computer for the lowest price. I can save up any amount of money, its just I don't want it to be like 1000$.

EDIT: Y'all can keep on talking about jobs and stuff if you really want to :U...

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:02 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

People, this is ridiculous. The guy is asking if you know of any decent computers for $300. He obviously doesn't want a job or a more expensive computer, so why we've gotten to 3 pages of badgering him about that is entirely beyond me. If you can't think of a decent computer for that price, just don't post.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:16 am
Profile WWW

If you don't like windows 7, you should be able to get xp installed on it for either no or a small fee. Alternatively, you might be able to get a windows xp install disk for a relatively low price if you know where to look. Honestly speaking, it is still going to be cheaper than the next computer that will run CC quickly, as the exact specs that CC will be okay with using are not terribly easy to figure out.
I would also be interested in what it is you spend 100 dollars a week on that makes it hard to save money.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:30 am
Profile WWW

The problem is that I do not make 100$ a week in the first place.

But really, I'll get my mums computer so thanks for helping me out Y'all!

And with that NCB ended the discussion. In a good way.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:08 am

Ugh, sorry; I misread the author name of tomaster's post.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:17 am
Profile WWW

Here's the thing: buy a PC without an OS, saves you a ♥♥♥♥ load of money. If you already own a PC you should have a copy of windows anyway, or a "friend" or relative might be willing to give you their copy if they upgraded to windows 7 or something. Also go to a computer shop ran by independent business people that way you'll not be paying a ♥♥♥♥ load of excess money for a company logo and you can choose exactly what parts you want (which they will probably help you with based on what you want your computer requirements to be) and they might even build it up for you for free.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:12 pm

Know you're already getting your mom's computer, but just throwing this out there: If you're still looking for a solid but relatively cheap computer, then you're in pretty good luck. Solid computer- 3.2 Ghz processor, 4GB of RAM, and so forth- you can look at the full specs in the link. Keyboard and mouse included. No charge for shipping as long as you live in the U.S., and it's $400 (tax and all) Comes preloaded with Windows 7 Home Premium. I got a computer pretty similar to this a month ago (main difference was the hard drive was 640GB, not 1TB, and it was only $375, but essentially the same thing) and I freaking love it. Even the integrated graphics card can run most next-gen games, though you'll probably want to find an upgrade for it.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:01 pm

Thanks man, I am going to get that one for sure :D.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:08 pm

yeah it's a pretty good computer when you look at anything but the graphics card. you really won't get a decent graphics card in anything less than a $400-500 computer.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3