View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 New computer time 

Post Re: New computer time
You picked the most expensive i7. Not only that, but the "budgetary price" is an MSRP. Retailers are not obligated to maintain that.

Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:15 pm
Profile YIM

projek deeglik wrote:
You picked the most expensive i7. Not only that, but the "budgetary price" is an MSRP. Retailers are not obligated to maintain that.

I picked the cheapest hexacore.....

Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:05 pm

maart3n wrote:
projek deeglik wrote:
A smackdown was laid.

And I shall accept.

Patriot24 wrote:
the equivalent i5/i7 to your AMD cpu will always defeat yours when both are overclocked to their maximum be it on air or water. buying an i5/i7 and not overclocking is pretty pointless.

maart3n wrote:
The only real pro to having a i5/i7 is that you can overclock it slightly further when water cooled. Which I'm fairly sure he won't do.

Right, because I didn't say nearly the same thing....

no, you didn't. you said slightly. there is no slight here. there is a definitive and noticeable difference between overclocking potential of i5/i7s and current-gen AMD cpus. they are certainly and clearly outperformed in this regard.

Quote:
Then there's the point that all currently issued sandy bridge based systems have been diagnosed with a error.

lmao. there is the POTENTIAL that the MOTHERBOARDS may have SATA 2(you should be using 3) ports degrade over the next 2-3 years. spew more sensationalist garbage. protip: the term sandy bridge does not apply to every i5/i7 processor. though I definitely recommend buying one as opposed to anything else if you can afford it due to the great performance increase from everything else available for only $300.

Quote:
Oh and that the base clock of a 1055t is higher then the base clock of a 661.

this reveals you have no idea what you're talking about, as a clock means little when taking architecture into consideration and multiple benchmarks are the ONLY real way to flatly compare the ability of a processor. kindly don't post again about a cpu in this fashion.

Quote:
Adding the fact that he will add a graphicscard anyway

completely irrelevant

Quote:
and that never said he had any intention to overclock

no reason not to in this day and age, the process is so ridiculously simple that a child could handle it without damaging anything. 1. research overclock on specific cpu via google. 2. increment clock by small amounts as recommended. 3. stress test using prime9/similar for 24 hours when not using it. 4. no issues? go to step 2. issues? revert back to last clock, test again.

and he never said he wouldn't overclock.

Quote:
I'm fairly sure the 1055t will outrun the i5 by miles.

now you don't even make sense

several i5s surpass the 1055t. you posted the 1100t. same goes for that as well. what are you TALKING about??

Quote:
Oh, and did I mention this was a list I had made for a pc that was quite specifically build for renders?

did I mention who cares? the issue was with your statements on CPUs. everything else you posted was OK/mediocre. good enough. not maximum price-performance but that isn't all important.

Quote:
Patriot24 wrote:
Quote:
On the other side, a i7 with comparable specs will set you back €800.

just wrong

Nope, definitively not 800 dollars. You are completely right...

OK this is just a gross disregard for everything. here, look at this CHART, do you have ANY clue what you're saying?

that 750 has easily comparable/better specifications and is $200!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to make it even better - overclock speeds.

and here's MEDIA ENCODING, taking FULL ADVANTAGE of the hexacore's six cores which cause it to win at stock clocks.

and both the processor and memory you listed are not overkill for gaming.

and an i5 will serve you much better, if you're willing to actually use what you've got.

Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:06 pm

I already decided to get an i5, but thanks for the research, both of you.

This is probably going to be delayed at least until Intel gets Sandy Bridge out again, and probably until early summer, since I'm running really short on time for gaming these days. I guess there's not much point in making a build now considering that everything is going to change in a few months, so I guess there's nothing to do right now. We'll see if I can get a job for next semester.

Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2