View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 12:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Headphones - I need me some cans 

Post Re: Headphones - I need me some cans
I still suggest the W014 ones. I occasionally jog around too, and they have yet to slide off the position I put them in.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:47 pm
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
Okay, found 'em:

[img]Lol%20i%20wont%20image%20quote.[/img]

Believe me, these things are magic. I have a pair of professional (though pretty old) bose headphones and they don't sound nearly as good.

Now I won't lie to you, they are also the strangest headphones I've ever seen. To put them on correctly, you have to keep the speaker end turned forwards, pointing somewhat to the outside of your ears, in a pretty awkard position. It's pretty hard to get them on the right spot.

However, when you do so and tune them to a song - any song at all - you'll instantly be transfixed by the sensation. Each single sound now has a an infinite amount of hidden echoes accompanying it, and even the most monophonic beep feels as if it was simultaneously chanted by the voices of a thousand buddhist monks. All around you seems more real and deep than ever, and you reach a state of ambience connection never before imagined. It is as if you could only see the universe in black and white your whole life, and it now blooms in front of you in absolute 64-bit glory.
And then you suddenly notice, no sound is actually coming from the headphones. It is actually forming in an unidentifiable spot near the back of your head, but not quite there. You feel like there is this strange voice inside your head, who only you can hear, and it tells you all the wonderful secrets to the universe's beauty. Like schizophrenia, except it's awesome.

After waiting a month to get them from hong kong from eBay for 6.75 i can say that these are pretty good. Though yeah, trying to put them on correctly took a few tries.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:49 pm

Well for now I'll try out those $15 W014s. The only reason I'm going so cheap is because my brother usually breaks my headphones in a time frame between two weeks and three months.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:52 pm

Ociamarru wrote:
Well for now I'll try out those $15 W014s. The only reason I'm going so cheap is because my brother usually breaks my headphones in a time frame between two weeks and three months.

No get them off ebay, i got free shipping.
Took a month but hey, i got more then 50% off.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:12 am

Alright, you people convinced me to try and get some of these. 9 bucks doesn't seem too much.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:23 am

Well, just got them in the mail today. I can safely say you weren't kidding about the awkward position and difficulty to put them on properly.

I still prefer my HP's over them, simply due to the fact that they achieve a lot more low range frequencies and will insulate your ears completely. But this kind of quality and feeling really is astonishing for the nine bucks I paid.

And it's probably due to differences between my left and right ear, but I really have to try quite hard to get the same volume on both ears.

-addendum-

Wearing my glasses over the phones gives me a bit more bass and somewhat fixes the volume bit.

-second addendum-

♥♥♥♥ everything I've said so far. Playing some Dream theater through these is fantastic.

Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:58 pm

I just bought some $15 (normally $30) Sony DR-G45LP's. Pretty good I guess but my only other experiences with headphones or earbuds is the 7 dollar Skullcandy earbuds I buy every couple months.

Kind of small and a little uncomfortable, though.

Edit: Too uncomfortable. Swapped them for some RCA Professional Studio Headphones ($20, down from $60). Amazing so far. Pretty big though, not recommended for carrying around. Not that much noise canceling, which I kind of like.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:32 am

I'm resurrecting this thing because now it is me who needs some new cans. Or will in the near future.

My HP's although nice and pretty good quality for their price kind of broke on the top hinge, most likely to me using them way too tightly. Right now I have them back in one piece using a silly contraption of zip ties and super-glue, so they will eventually die out again.

Right now I have my eyes firmly set on these Plantronics 337's, or their closed ear brothers, the 367. I am open to suggestion, but budget wise 30-35 bucks is really as high as I'll go.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:05 pm

I have a pair of Sony earbuds that I use. Kind of similar to the standard Apple set, but much more comfortable and durable. For gaming, I have a Logitech G330.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:08 pm

I think you're best off just seeing if any normally expensive ones go on sale.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:54 pm

I'd recommend looking on amazon for highly rated headphones/headsets.
If you're wanting to listen to music, don't buy a gaming headset. They distort the sound.
Some headsets, like my current one, have settings for different types of sound distortions. (Call, Game, and Music.)

For volume control, in-line is nice; but I've recently discovered that volume control on the ear is even easier to get used to. If I want to turn up or down the volume, I do it almost instinctively now, where before I was searching for the in-line control.

Logitech, Sennheiser, and Sony are good brands.

Usually expensive means higher quality, but not always. Go off of ratings, and look for a good sale.

Headphones that completely cover your ears are good for gaming, but they can make the sound feel stuffy.

If you don't have a good sound card, get a USB headset. They have their own built in sound card AFAIK.

Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:33 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3