View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Castle and Tech - Recruitment Closed 

Post Castle and Tech - Recruitment Closed
Recruitment closed! If you still want to join, and I mean you REALLY want to join, PM me and give me a reason why.

Castle and Tech (CaT) is a project that several acquaintances of mine are working on, as well as myself. However, we need a few more helping hands, so I've taking up the job of recruiting some people.

Positions we need filled:

Coders!
You'll mostly being working with VB, but you might need to do Java or C++. It isn't completely decided. You will be mostly working on the engine with other people.

Artists!
Think you're good at sketching ideas? Spriting? We need someone who'll create sprites for the game and draw up concept art.
This is the section that we need filled the most.

Now, even though there are only two positions, we need more than one person per job, so don't hesitate to sign up because someone else was here first.

If you are interested in joining the project, PM me or catch me on gtalk (cavecricket48@gmail.com).

Last edited by CaveCricket48 on Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:05 am

Post Re: Castle and Tech - Recruiting
We haven't decided on the art style/limits yet. That's actually why we need more artists than we currently have.

Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:27 pm
happy carebear mom

An extremely basic overview of the project, as of now:
Project CaT (actual name pending) will be an MMO with a plastic world, moldable by the players to a certain extent.
The basic backstory is that there is a cylinder in space with four major sections, the Surface (which houses fantasy-style races), the Lightlands (large floating crystals that serve the same purpose as the sun for the cylinder, and house some more fantasy type races), Underground (houses robots powered by and inhabited by Magicore, a race of crystalline creatures), and the Core (houses demons). You can spawn as any of these races save for the demons and do typical MMO stuff as well as establish settlements.
As of now we're using an off-the-shelf engine (Eclipse: Origins, which is written in VB6), so some of the more advanced features may not be able to be implemented, but even if not we can certainly make a decent MMO out of the setting.

Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:41 pm

I'll sign up as a voice actor, if you need one. Maybe I could do some spriting, but not until exams are over which is a couple months away.

Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:53 pm

i wish i could sprite now :\

Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:26 am

I can do some pretty cool c++in. I might also be able to sprite, but I'm not that good. I can probably learn VB too.

Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:06 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

As far as I know, we're sticking to VB6.

Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:25 pm

I can sprite well, not so much vehicles and environment, but I am quite good at spriting technology and characters.

Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:01 am

Contrary wrote:
I'll sign up as a voice actor, if you need one.

This. I would love to help, but this is about what I can do. I have a deep voice relative to my age, as everyone thinks I'm about 20 something. :P

Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:43 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Contrary is deep, too. Maybe you should record some demos or something.

Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:30 pm

Well I have no problem if Contrary wants to do that and there is only 1 spot they need. Otherwise I'm here if you need me.

Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:12 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

We have no official spots, I just remembered Contrary had a deep voice from his Black Ops video is all.

Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:36 pm

I'd be willing to help in all areas of the games development (except audio, I think I'd be a good voice actor/sound recorder but I have no mic and and music wise I've never really sat down and created a song, though I have the tools). I'm a decent artist and excel in technical details and concepts (basically I'm a bit OCD with technical aspects of art, machinery has to make sense, there has to be a reason it's a certain way etc.), but mostly I'm a programmer with a decent knowledge of C++ and have used winAPI, allegro, sdl, openGL and FMOD. Now I wouldn't want a ... "core" role, but I'd be happy to help out where I can.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]