View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Movie Chatroom 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Movie Chatroom
Oooh, thanks for reminding me of Let The Bullets Fly! I remember seeing the trailer for it before it was out and wanting to see it, but then just kinda forgot about it. Gonna check it out soon, it looked like fun indeed. Don't know many Scandinavian films, though Max Manus was good.

I'd never seen Braveheart before so I decided to take the time to watch that last Friday. What a truly epic movie, in scale and scenery particularly, it really was beautiful and nicely medieval looking.

Also, has anyone seen Elysium in theatres? Didn't get the chance myself, but I'm really anticipating it's general release since it looks amazing. Seen some mixed to average scores for it but I'll be alright if it's better than Oblivion I guess.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:14 am
Forum Moderator

Let the Bullets Fly isn't all that well represented by the trailer though. Speaking of Scandinavian movies Let the Bullets Fly kind of had a bit of that ole Scandi dark humor. It actually slightly reminded me of In China They Eat Dogs, which you also should see. It's goddamn hilarious.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:34 am

Sothe here
watched both Legally Blonde 1 and 2 while babysitting Veve's hyper siblings. I now know everything about the legal system

Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:39 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Veve wrote:
Sothe here
watched both Legally Blonde 1 and 2 while babysitting Veve's hyper siblings. I now know everything about the legal system

Congratz on the Meld.

Grand Crime Genre, in general.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:09 am

Watched Iron Man 3, didn't like it for reasons I can't discuss without massive spoilers. The villain did that thing I hate, where his motivation came down to "because I'm evil," flying in the face of good sense. I'm gonna talk about it in the spoiler tag, so if you intend to watch the movie you probably shouldn't read it.

Keep in mind it wasn't a bad movie, I just didn't like it as much as the first two.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:54 pm

Went to see Gravity.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:12 pm

Sandra Bullock sucks

Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:16 pm

I like Sandra Bullock. :???:

Anyways Elysium was not bad, the way people gibbed actually reminded me of Cortex Command a lot. I don't know of D9 had the same kind of gibbing but it's something I really appreciated in Elysium. Obviously the writing wasn't outstanding and the political message was kinda aggressive but overall it was a fun movie.

The last movies I saw in theater were Thor 2 and Ender's Game. I didn't have high expectations going into either (though I was hopeful about Ender's Game) and I was still disappointed.

Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:38 am
happy carebear mom

Elysium was dumb. The robots were dumb, the plot was dumb, the augmentations on the main char and main antagonist were dumb, everything was dumb.

Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:00 am

Blade Runner is my favorite movie ever

Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:18 am

Anyone watched Cool Runnings at all?
Watched it when i was at some big Hotel that had a Home-Cinema-Thing there.
Liked the Movie, was funny.

Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:23 pm

I didn't like blade runner as much as I should. The whole premise is great, and for it's age, the movie looks great. But there's quite a bit wrong with it.

Pacific rim. So dumb. So good.

Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:25 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Pacific Rim is great. It seems like recently, a lot action movies have been trying to be intellectual and/or moody, and I find it just tends to fall flat. Don't get me wrong; I think both types of movies are important, but a lot of the recent attempts have been really ham-fisted. You just end up with a mediocre action movie as well as a mediocre "thoughtful" movie. Pacific Rim just admitted right from the outset that it was basically a B movie with a budget. I went in expecting to see huge robots punching huge rubbery monsters, and I got exactly that.

Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:03 am
Profile WWW

Its good to just let loose and watch mindlessly violent action flicks with no substance. Usually when they try to add substance, it falls flat. This is what made the Saw franchise bad.

Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:53 am

I just saw We're the Millers and I liked it way way too much. It's creeping dangerously close to my top ten list. It's about a drug dealer who enlists some random people to be his fake family in order to help him be inconspicuous as he transports drugs across the border. It does fall into certain cliches of its genre, but they serve it well and overall its just a fun, lighthearted movie.

Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next