View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 What's Behind the Alias? 

Post Re: What's Behind the Alias?
I was bored one day. Thought of a ninja with glowstick-nunchucks, decided it was better than my previous crappy usernames and bam. Mostly shortened to Glowsticks now cause they're the bomb.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:29 pm

I think it has to do with my obsession of living eternally by replacing my body parts with robotics when needed. Heart attack? Shove a pump in there instead. Arthritis? Mechanical joint up in here yo. After all the only important part is the brain (this also weirdly is a rather fitting for a cortex command user name, but I've had this alias for at least 7 years) also my plan was to actually be the mad scientist that made all these robot parts too...

I stick by my plan for eternal life, neuroscience is improving quite a lot... Though we're still unable to accurately display peoples thoughts on a display but an extremely primitive low resolution display is possible but there's a device that can be implanted on the retina that sends a 60x60 pixel (or something very low res) image to the brain for blind people and primitive brain controlled mouse/keyboard input devices so hopefully in 20 years. They've also found out how to double the lifespan of a type of worm and applied to another animal (some fly?) it quadrupled their lifespan (basically they stay "younger" and healthier for longer, like how 10 for a dog is really old but 80 for a human is the equivalent).

A newer alias I made up is Whimsicalis, which is just the word whimsical dressed up a little. But I haven't used it for anything yet other than twitter. (whim·si·cal/ˈ(h)wimzikəl/Adjective 1. Playfully quaint or fanciful, esp. in an appealing and amusing way.)

Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:10 am

Couple of months ago, after I got done reading on subatomic particles for some atom's project in science, I got interested in the atom bomb, AKA, nukes. This stuff fascinated me. Call it sinful thinking, but the imagination of destruction and things getting blown away was blowing me away. I can tell you lots about nukes. Like the first test that Robert Oppenheimer conducted, was done in 1945, in June. Trinity, was what it was called.

I kept reading, I eventually got into C4, grenades, TNT, (Trinitrotoluene, the main power in TNT), even the grand daddy himself, the hydrogen bomb.

So, I've been going by BigBomb everywhere I'm allowed to go. If that name's taken, I'd go as Ticker.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:11 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5