View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Lucid Dreaming 

Post Lucid Dreaming
Lucid dreaming is the art of controlling your dreams. Say you have a dream of you walking down the street. You can't really hold on to it, only feels like it's a couple of seconds long, and you can't control it. Here's the difference with lucid dreaming. You can control it, do what you want. It's like your own little universe. It is completely amazing. Last night I had my first lucid dream, and I'm going to have hundreds more after this. I was at Hogwarts (I know, I'm a nerd) and I flew through the air. I was controlling everything and it was all so vivid and real. I flew down to the ground when Snape came from nowhere and started shooting fireballs at me. I paused my dream to open a little selection menu above my head, and selected an ice crystal. I picked it up and felt the coldness of the ice. It was amazing.

The human body is amazing. If you can trick it into making your body fall asleep, but not your mind, you will be paralyzed. For lucid dreaming, that is a good thing. That's when you can 'take off' into your lucid dream. So basically, your body is asleep while your mind is fully awake. Oh god, it is incredible. I recommend to all of you to research on it and try it. I want to share this experience with you all.

To everyone that is scared: There is nothing wrong with it. By 'paralyzed', I mean in a sleeping state. You can easily wake up by changing your breathing pattern. If anyone has questions, feel free to ask.

Have a nice time lucid dreaming. :)

Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:02 pm

Post Re: Lucid Dreaming
I want to start doing this at some point. Maybe by keeping a dream journal this summer.
Also check this out: new show on discovery. I'm skeptical, but it's interesting. Moreso hypnosis than lucid dreaming, but it's kinda in the same realm.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:19 pm

Lucid Dreaming or hypnotism?

Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:30 am

I get these sometimes. I don't dream as much as I used to now that I stay up later, but around a third of them are lucid.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:25 am

Hmmmm. to my knowledge I have never had a lucid dream, although it would be cool to have one.
As long as it does not get out of control, seeing as how my most recurring nightmare is being dissected alive, I would prefer not to be able to feel anything.
Can you train yourself to have lucid dreams? Does it require any kind of hypnotism?

Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:27 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Don't go to bed too late, sum up for yourself what you did that day, then just go to sleep.
You'll learn it eventually.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:30 am

I've definitely had some pretty interesting dreams at the strangest of times; I had a dream that I could have sworn lasted at least half an hour that occurred in about 4 minutes after I hit snooze on my alarm clock. I felt like I was able to realize it was a dream and control some stuff, and I remembered the details of it quite well at the time.

That said, I have no interest in pursuing this matter. Reality is interesting enough for me.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:05 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

But you can fly, how cool is that?

Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:11 pm

Hmmmm... if you are in control of the dream, can you tell the dream to do absolutely anything?
Like dream up the ultimate calculator and tell it to 2/0?

Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:37 pm
Loose Canon

Sure, but you'll get a bull♥♥♥♥ mind-answer.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:01 pm
Profile WWW

I've had that happen to me occasionally. I hafta say, it's pretty darn amazing, I once managed to surf a sea of concrete on top of a flying subway tram.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:25 pm
Profile WWW

Ahh, lucid dreaming.

I rarely dream. But when I do, I lucid.
I love the freedom that you can create. It's like you are god.

I had one just the other night. I kept re-living the same night with slight variations each time.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:51 am

Funnily enough I just had one this morning, I for reasons unknown to me somehow end up being completely naked in my dreams, not in a sexual way, just like it's natural, everybody else is fully clothed and I'm pretty sure I start out clothed but then the next thing I know I'm naked but I don't even realize it, nobody reacts to it and everything's just normal, except at some point I realize and then I go looking for my clothes, but still nobody is acting any differently, for example I accepted an award in front of a whole crowd of people in a room similar to a cinema completely naked, only when I was walking down the stairs did I think "wait... where did I put my clothes". Thing is today I realized I was naked so I thought "okay this is just a dream" and then I merely thought about re-adjusting my non-existent t-shirt and all my clothes popped back into existence, then I thought I would ave a bit of fun and started controlling ♥♥♥♥ that was happening. I've had dreams where I'm aware for quite some time now, though I think today is the only time that I've affected it "unnaturally", making stuff appear from nothingness by shear will, though I often wake up before I want to.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:10 pm

I remember I had a lucid dream once back when I was in elementary school, just a small tyke I was.

Anyways it had something to do with zombies or something. I punched a clock and woke up. Awesome stuff.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:19 pm
Profile WWW

I didn't read the posts above me, I just wanna boast how vivid my daydreaming gets.

In fact thanks to a certain lucid dream I got the desire to attack Rumia, a character concept(Mako) and the sad feeling of seeing the final episode of mythbusters.

Oh and 'Squidward's Flying Machine'.

EDIT: On the other hand my daydreams.....>.< too much.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next