Data Realms Fan Forums
http://forums.datarealms.com/

Politics question/debate topic, Ron Paul is inarguable
http://forums.datarealms.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=24452
Page 2 of 2

Author:  Ragdollmaster [ Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Politics question/debate topic, Ron Paul is inarguable

Homophanim wrote:
Because the point of the topic is discussion, not to make dumb jokes. I pity you if you think that was witty.
Witty - Noun: Mental sharpness and inventiveness; keen intelligence
How the ♥♥♥♥ is making fun of Sarah Palin demonstrative of keen intelligence? It's ♥♥♥♥ Sarah Palin for christ's sake, not exactly unknown that she's a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.


There's this wonderful thing called sarcasm.

Homophanim wrote:
Any system is prone to corruption, there never will be a government without it without complete transparency, which as you should be aware is a laughable idea. Take a look at lobbying some time. It makes more sense to be productive at the basic level, the voters. Education has always produced positive results, be it birth rates or poverty levels or anything like that. Knowledge is power.


Oh, ♥♥♥♥ no. The basic fact that the overwhelming majority of people on this planet are, put lightly and simply, self-centered, precludes the creation of any "perfect" government.

It's not like we don't get anything done with the current system, but a huge political problem is the whole Democrats vs. Republicans crap. They don't seem to ever work together. No matter what one side proposes, the other side swats it down without regard of how it would help the country, simply twisting the issue in their minds so it seems like they're doing the rational thing. The only time congress can really get through something is when there's an objective, non-partisan issue at stake and there aren't many differing opinions on the matter, and this is unfortunately rare, to say the least.

Here's another of my views on this: It's easier to manage things on a smaller scale. This is why we have a federal system- national, state, county, and city-wide levels of government running life for the country. I think a big problem with America, if you'll forget the pun, is the size. Not just the physical size or population of the country, but the fact that our government is so enormous. There are entire branches of government which just exist as checks and balances for other branches. We have thousands upon thousands of bureaucrats in office at this moment, and it seems like the governmental sector is growing by the day (correct me on this if I'm mistaken) Smaller countries seem to have a much easier time regulating their affairs- for instance, generally speaking, the many countries in Europe seem pretty well off, despite the global recession. Sure, the whole point of states is so that we can break up the country into more easily manageable sectors, but when it comes down to it, we're still a huge-ass country, and somebody (or a whole lot of bodies, to be more accurate) has to make sure that everything runs smoothly from city to city and state to state.

Author:  Homophanim [ Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Politics question/debate topic, Ron Paul is inarguable

Ragdollmaster wrote:
Homophanim wrote:
Because the point of the topic is discussion, not to make dumb jokes. I pity you if you think that was witty.
Witty - Noun: Mental sharpness and inventiveness; keen intelligence
How the ♥♥♥♥ is making fun of Sarah Palin demonstrative of keen intelligence? It's ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Sarah Palin for christ's sake, not exactly unknown that she's a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.


There's this wonderful thing called sarcasm.

Which isn't transmissible through the internet so do you think it is a good idea to use it in a serious debate topic?????? You're not dumb, stop acting like it.
Quote:
Oh, ♥♥♥♥ no. The basic fact that the overwhelming majority of people on this planet are, put lightly and simply, self-centered, precludes the creation of any "perfect" government.

It's not like we don't get anything done with the current system, but a huge political problem is the whole Democrats vs. Republicans crap. They don't seem to ever work together. No matter what one side proposes, the other side swats it down without regard of how it would help the country, simply twisting the issue in their minds so it seems like they're doing the rational thing. The only time congress can really get through something is when there's an objective, non-partisan issue at stake and there aren't many differing opinions on the matter, and this is unfortunately rare, to say the least.

Here's another of my views on this: It's easier to manage things on a smaller scale. This is why we have a federal system- national, state, county, and city-wide levels of government running life for the country. I think a big problem with America, if you'll forget the pun, is the size. Not just the physical size or population of the country, but the fact that our government is so enormous. There are entire branches of government which just exist as checks and balances for other branches. We have thousands upon thousands of bureaucrats in office at this moment, and it seems like the governmental sector is growing by the day (correct me on this if I'm mistaken) Smaller countries seem to have a much easier time regulating their affairs- for instance, generally speaking, the many countries in Europe seem pretty well off, despite the global recession. Sure, the whole point of states is so that we can break up the country into more easily manageable sectors, but when it comes down to it, we're still a huge-ass country, and somebody (or a whole lot of bodies, to be more accurate) has to make sure that everything runs smoothly from city to city and state to state.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complexity_economics
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_theory
Ever read The Lost World? The larger the system, the more prone to corruption it is.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edge_of_chaos
(I realize I'm not really debating practicalities, that's because I really don't know ♥♥♥♥, but I've got a good bit of theory so I'm contributing what I can)

Author:  pseudorastafari [ Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Politics question/debate topic, Ron Paul is inarguable

I didn't really understand the point you were making.

Author:  Ociamarru [ Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Politics question/debate topic, Ron Paul is inarguable

Why don't I have free healthcare? Didn't Obama say people would get free health care? I want my damn jumping stilts.

Author:  Tomaster [ Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:14 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Politics question/debate topic, Ron Paul is inarguable

Guys. Guys. Ron Paul '16
♥♥♥♥ YEA

Author:  Ragdollmaster [ Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Politics question/debate topic, Ron Paul is inarguable

This topic is now utterly invalid



Good day to you, sirs

Author:  Sothe [ Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Politics question/debate topic, Ron Paul is inarguable

I'm a leftist communist, and support social democracy.

But, when it comes to the internet, I'm an Anarchist Extremist. I want a free internet.

Also, I like that Ron Paul is a Libertarian masquerading as a Republican. He's amazing compared to everyone else.

Author:  Tomaster [ Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Politics question/debate topic, Ron Paul is inarguable

I'm not quite sure how you can support communism in real life scenarios, but OK.

Author:  Lizardheim [ Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Politics question/debate topic, Ron Paul is inarguable

Sothe wrote:
Also, I like that Ron Paul is a Libertarian masquerading as a Republican. He's amazing compared to everyone else.

Yet still he's someone who should be kept as far away from power as possible.

Author:  Whydoch [ Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Politics question/debate topic, Ron Paul is inarguable

Ron Paul is not electable. The best thing he can do is help Obama win the election by running as an independent and taking votes away from Gingrich or Romney.

But hey, a vote for Gingrich is a vote for Moonbase Alpha. So we can show those darn commies what's what.

Also Ayn Rand was the devil.

Author:  Asklar [ Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Politics question/debate topic, Ron Paul is inarguable

Tomaster wrote:
I'm not quite sure how you can support communism in real life scenarios, but OK.


I think about that thing always.

It's just... I don't know, you just said it perfectly.

Author:  TheKebbit [ Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Politics question/debate topic, Ron Paul is inarguable

Both pure capitalism and pure communism work great in theory.

In real life, though, people's scumbag instincts and negative brainpower get in the way.

Author:  Geti [ Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Politics question/debate topic, Ron Paul is inarguable

Tomaster wrote:
I'm not quite sure how you can support communism in real life scenarios, but OK.
Can you back this up with any reasoning, please? Not saying "your point is invalid" so much as "you didn't really make a point and just shot down what he said". There was clear allusion to dissatisfaction with communism's history in real life but no real argument.

I'm very unhappy with the state of American politics as I see it at this point. Obama's ok, I was annoyed when he implied that USA's role in Afghanistan and Iraq had helped garner respect in his start of re-election campaign speech recently but other than that he's done better than I would've been able to expect from any of the other candidates around. I'm disdainful of the Republican's stance on almost everything, especially with regards to the reproductive rights of women and conservatism as a whole.

I'll elaborate on some of this later perhaps, I've got to get some sleep.

Author:  Lizardheim [ Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Politics question/debate topic, Ron Paul is inarguable

TheKebbit wrote:
Both pure capitalism and pure communism work great in theory.

In real life, though, people's scumbag instincts and negative brainpower get in the way.

And socialism actually works in practice.

You want proof? Look at Norway/rest of Scandinavia.

Author:  Tomaster [ Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Politics question/debate topic, Ron Paul is inarguable

Communism relies on people being inherently good, and not minding being paid the same regardless of what they do. I'm really not even going to try and argue this, because I'm sure I'll be beaten when people come back with paragraph long replies that I don't feel like rebutting, or have the knowledge to do so.

Page 2 of 2 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/