View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Anime Chat 
Loose Canon

Post Re: Anime Chat
Contrary wrote:
Oh so you're one of those Hyper?
You can tell I'm not a hardcore anime fan by the fact that I only watch dubs.
I barely watch anime at all, so when I do I want to make sure it's as good as possible.
Duh102 wrote:
The major reason for me to watch it subbed rather than dubbed is that dub voices sound out of character. At least with the original Japanese voices, they typically have better voice actors, even if it's in moonspeak.
This. Jesus Christ, I watched an episode of Love Hina once, dubbed. It was all fine during the intro when it was singing and animation and no voices.
The ♥♥♥♥ SECOND I hear the english actor they have for Keitaro, I turned that ♥♥♥♥ off and vowed to never watch it again.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:13 pm
Profile WWW

I watch Bleach dubbed, so if I watched it subbed it would probably sound weird as ♥♥♥♥ to me.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:09 pm

Oh, yeah... I also watched Sailor Moon, which was entertaining when I watched it, but when I look back... Yeah. I would say that it's horrible. :D Ouran High School Host Club is very entertaining. Haruhi kills all. Well, at least Tamaki. I haven't watched Gundam, mostly because I hate mecha anime in general. Why? No particular reason. I just do. Full Metal Panic! Is... Meh. I wanted to watch Fummofu (Unsure if spelled it correctly.), but it's only dubbed on Youtube and I'm too lazy to go look for it somewhere else. If you haven't noticed, my current profile picture is a mix of random references that I randomly came up with. The dango is Clannad, the fireworks is Kobato, the magic is Yokuwakaru Gendai Mahou, and the weapon is a fail reference to SKET Dance. Yeah... Complete fail. Well, I've also read Mamotte! Lollipop and I found it to be pretty interesting. I mainly like watching comedy, school, and (Not so much.) action anime. The ones that I look at seem to swing randomly between shounen and shoujo... Mainly shoujo, though. I also noticed that TorrentHKU's profile pic is Lily Rain, right? True Tears is... Hard to describe. I'll just say that it's so hard to understand (Not really...) that your brain will explode. I liked Bleach, but then after I stopped watching it, I never attempted to try continuing. One Piece was good, too. I haven't actually finished it. Lucky Star is awesome. Konata rules the world! Actually, Kagami-sama rules the world! :D Kamichama Karin was good, but I haven't watched the anime. I only read the manga. Karin... Kinda fails... I think... I can't remember. Seitokai no Ichizon is fun to watch, since they make a lot of references to other anime, and it's fun to try to figure out what is a reference to what. Kannagi is quite funny so far, but it's stuck on hold forever and ever and ever... I actually can't remember most of these... I've watched and read a lot of CLAMP works, like Kobato, Card Captor Sakura, Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles, Angelic Layer, and I think a few more. Okay. This is getting long and I'm running out of topics to build on. Ending the message here.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:17 pm

Anybody ever go nuts on that Yu-Yu-Hakasho?

Man, that was the best anime ever.
I would even stealthily try to spirit gun people at school. Good times and very good anime.

I need to try to torrent it when this 6 strikes deal is over.

Contrary wrote:
Chobits: Also kind of a girly show.

YOU WATCH CHOBITS?
UNDERPANTS, UNDERPANTS, UNDERPANTS.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:47 pm
Profile WWW

I didn't like Yu Yu Hakusho that much. I didn't actually get that far in, but I still didn't like it. I only got up to the dark tournament thing or whatever it's called. Meh. Whatever. Wait... Gah! How could I forget Shugo Chara! Well, it was pretty good. It's probably defined as shoujo in every sort of way, but who cares! Just so you know: The anime has a lot of extras and it also changed the ending a bit, so if you want to see everything, read the manga and then watch the anime. The anime's 217 episodes (I might have switched around a few numbers.), so you might get tired of it and not want to read the manga if you watch the anime first. I tried watching Endless Eight, but I got up to episode two, then I stopped watching for then... Never continued. Hmmmm... I haven't watched Gurren Lagaan (Please correct me if this is misspelled.) yet. Not exactly planning to, so the "yet" is unnessecary. Too lazy to change it right now. People learning Japanese just to watch anime... Me? Kinda. I'm half attempting to learn Japanese, partly for anime, but also for videogames. Most of the really good RPGs are in Japanese, but then the good MMORPGs are Korean. Well, the good regular RPGs are what I'm going for. All of the REALLY good ones are in Japanese. Well, some have English versions, but others don't have them yet... Well, one really good RPG series is the Tales series. It's pretty popular, so... Yeah... Well, another of my favorites is the Phantasy Star series. I got Japanese versions for some games, and... I can understand about 1/1000 of the words on screen. Maybe less. Well, this is getting long and off-topic, so I'm cutting off here. Wait. I forgot about FMA. It's pretty cool, but I stopped and never got back on to watching it. Okay. Ending now.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:25 am

I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one when I say TL;DR.

Try pressing the enter key every once in a while, since reading ten pounds of text isn't really fun or entertaining.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:39 am

Anyone seen 'Get Backers'?

Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:42 pm

Yeah. I probably should. I have a habit(?) of putting a lot of words down without any pauses and making it extremely boring to read. Hmmm... Get Backers... I think it's a sports one? What's "TL;DR"? Code Breaker... Interesting, but I dropped off... Twice now. I actually don't really like action anime and manga as much, since they normally have WAY too much fighting and not so much on storyline. I also have a habit of randomly changing subjects and attempting to make a million references to various anime and manga and videogames every few minutes... Or seconds. Also... Songs get stuck in my head easily, so I end up annoying my sister until she seriously wants to kill me by singing whatever song I think of at that moment. (Currently Dango Daikazoku... Nothing else, really.) Wow. That was random.

Oh, yeah. This is off-topic, but I'm so happy! The North America version of Dragon Nest FINALLY came out! (OB) I started playing yesterday, but I couldn't get to level nine, then I got bored. I'll get back on topic here.

I also hate anime and manga that focus on sports, so I don't know anything about them. Except for, like, one or two of their names. I know... Eyeshield 11... It was something like that. I've also heard of Kuroko no Basuke. I think there was another one called Dear Boys.

Wait... There was one REALLY good manga that I forgot the name of. I'll go check it. Okay. It's called Saikyou Seitokai Tsubakiyo. It's a school comedy one. Apparently shoujo. It also has romance. That's what the description says. (I read most manga on mangafox, which explains the randomness of the ones that I'm posting.)

There was also Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi... (It's on Crunchyroll as A Dark Rabbit Has Seven Lives.) I can't remember how good it was, but I'll just say it was halfway between decent and bad. I think I read pretty far, though. Yay! It's all cut up now! THE END.

Last edited by kungfuchan13 on Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:22 pm

kungfuchan13 wrote:
Yeah. I probably should. I have a habit(?) of putting a lot of words down without any pauses and making it extremely boring to read. TEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXT

Dude lol, for the love of god, throw in some ♥♥♥♥ returns every once and awhile. Especially after you just mentioned you should. You're cracking me up man.

Also, D-Grey Man.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:47 am
Profile WWW

BigBomb wrote:
kungfuchan13 wrote:
Yeah. I probably should. I have a habit(?) of putting a lot of words down without any pauses and making it extremely boring to read. TEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXT

Dude lol, for the love of god, throw in some ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ returns every once and awhile. Especially after you just mentioned you should. You're cracking me up man.

Also, D-Grey Man.

Yeah. That was sadly funny. Dr. Grey Man... It's the one with... I don't know, really. I only saw it because of Jump Ultimate Stars, but then I tried to read the manga and stopped before I even really started. I'm pretty sure there was a boy with a giant hand claw thingy. It also mentioned a railgun. Oh. Right. To Aru Majutsu no Index. It's... Interesting. I don't mean that in a bad way. It's a pretty good anime and manga, though. I probably won't be able to make a good review, so just look at what other people say. Why is it that I'm the only person talking about most of the really popular ones? Weird.

I was reading Seiyuu Ka-! since about yesterday. It is quite funny. The name's confusing for me, though. On one of the pages, it showed the title with furigana. (That was the only reason why I was able to read it.) It was typed out as something like: [Se] (i) [Yu] (u) [Ka] (tsu) (It was in Japanese characters, but I'm on Windows and I don't know how to type it in without copy and pasting, which would just be plain annoying.) I've seen the "tsu" in the middle of Japanese words before, but I can't remember which side it modifies... Wait... Obviously the previous... Maybe. Note: I noticed this a little bit ago. Voice actor katsu? What on earth? I don't want to eat a voice actor... Who was chopped up and cooked. This is becoming one really long monologue, so I'm cutting off soon. One last message: Ha! You can't say anything since I cut my message in two! :P That's all. The end. Good night. Not going to look at the forums for another, say, nine hours or so. Bye-bee! (It might look better as bai-bii or something.) Oh well. Bye. I have now made the cut cleaner.

Last edited by kungfuchan13 on Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:00 am

I'm sorry dude but I've literally never read any of your posts start to finish. My eyes lose traction and just kind of slide off.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:02 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Yeah, me either. Seriously, man organize your posts. Keep it short and sweet, or at least for the love of Gog, hit enter after a few lines. Also, ellipses are insanely annoying, and like I've said before, you don't need to sign yourself off every time you post, or really any time you post. This isn't YouTube, you don't have to say 'bye' every time you're done.

Really dude, just fix it. It isn't that hard to do.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:25 pm
Profile WWW

Can't edit it I can edit it... :'( Well, I'll just say that I split it in two. (I did.) I was just looking at a funny scene from Clannad. It's a tongue twister... In short: One character does it properly, and the other character completely failed. COMPLETELY. Yeah... I probably should cut some of my messages into tiny pieces. :D The tongue twister was something like "Tokyo Kokkyo Kyokazoku." It somehow turned into "Kyoko Kyokko Kyokazoku." If I typed in incorrectly, too bad. Oh. Right. The ellipses. I'll change them right now. Now there're only two.

Ha! I cut it! :P Yep, I know I don't have to end absolutely everything with things like "That's all." and "Bye." I feel like the message is incomplete without those, though. Also, like I said before, my extremely long, extremely boring messages are, well, in pretty much everything I type up. It's all filled with fluff, though. I reference some parts in later messages quite often, so it might not make sense if you read some. Is this fine? Okay. Done. (Muahahahahahahahahaha!)

Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:38 pm

kungfuchan13 wrote:
Can't edit it I can edit it... :'( Well, I'll just say that I split it in two. (I did.) I was just looking at a funny scene from Clannad. It's a tongue twister... In short: One character does it properly, and the other character completely failed. COMPLETELY. Yeah... I probably should cut some of my messages into tiny pieces. :D The tongue twister was something like "Tokyo Kokkyo Kyokazoku." It somehow turned into "Kyoko Kyokko Kyokazoku." If I typed in incorrectly, too bad. Oh. Right. The ellipses. I'll change them right now. Now there're only two.

Ha! I cut it! :P Yep, I know I don't have to end absolutely everything with things like "That's all." and "Bye." I feel like the message is incomplete without those, though. Also, like I said before, my extremely long, extremely boring messages are, well, in pretty much everything I type up. It's all filled with fluff, though. I reference some parts in later messages quite often, so it might not make sense if you read some. Is this fine? Okay. Done. (Muahahahahahahahahaha!)

^ Whatever, it'll do. (Bwahahahaha)
Also, Yakitate Japan, look it up.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:28 am
Profile WWW

Right. There was still this. Just by looking at the Wikipedia page, I want to cry. It's... So... Weird... Sounding... Like... In EVERY single possible way this could be weird, the Wikipedia page makes it seem that way. If you didn't get that, I'll put it more simply: The Wikipedia page marked it as weird in every possible way. Hayate no Gotoku is probably the only anime that I can think of right now that can be described as weirder.

Also, I was wondering why there are certain plots to certain genres of anime and manga that are overused. Example: (Romance, Shoujo) Boy meets girl, one likes the other, the other doesn't care. After a while, they finally get together. End of story. Kinda like that. Some have side characters that constantly get in the way, but that's pretty much the general plot. I also have a few more, but I want to see other people's ideas about overused plots.

Akuma Jiten is good. If you know know what "akuma" means, you can probably already guess what the main character is. Milky is the supreme ruler of... Wait. That would contradict one of my other posts... I know! Milky rules over... The Milky Way galaxy. There. Now it doesn't conflict.

Okay. Just read the next chapter of Ushiro no Shindere-san. If you haven't noticed already, most of my favorite anime and manga tend to be shoujo, since they generally have a deeper storyline. Ushiro no Shindere-san = Ghost love story. = Funny. Very, very funny.

My favorite supernatural creatures:
1. Ghosts. 2. Shinigami. 3. Vampires. 4. Demons. 5. Angels. Going to chop this up into strips, then post. Done chopping. Cooking... :D Posting.

Last edited by kungfuchan13 on Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next