View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Women... 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Women...
I hope you didn't mean what I think you meant there.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:47 am

Nah man, I'm just kiddin. Or am I? :P

Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:02 am
DRLGrump

Are you aware of what pedophile means? Because I think you're misunderstanding the definition.
Be cocky. Not like ♥♥♥hole cocky, just be sure of yourself, no matter what you do.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:09 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Like everyone else has said, just be cool. Just chill out, and talk about school stuff. Yelling "HEY THERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO TALK ABOUT (HIPSTER ITEM 629)?!?! LETS MAKE OUT!", is NOT the proper way to do it. Casually walk over, and say hello. If you aren't a funny guy, don't try to make jokes, if you aren't attractive, don't be some supermacho jackass. Be yourself and chill.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:20 am
Profile WWW

Contrary wrote:
But every relationship has always flopped after a date or two.

That's damn unlucky son, they always put out after the third.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:08 am

No kidding, it's almost sad it's like that.

Finding the perfect girl is like a needle in the haystack, you will know when you find the needle but you will have to go through a lot of hay to find it. Giving up only means you'll stop looking, but doesn't mean you won't find it.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:24 am

In some cases, I'd consider it more about finding a hay in a needlestack.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:51 pm
Profile WWW

Jesus this is an overwhelming ♥♥♥♥ of contradictory advice, now.

The people saying 'be yourself' and 'say hi' are on the money, all the other advice like be cocky and forward and confident are pretty sound ways to either come off like a dickhead or set yourself up for a lot of explaining later down the line when she finds out youre not who you were pretending to be.

If youre confident naturally, thats cool. If youre not, which seems more likely, then its kinda backwards to pretend you are.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:35 pm
Profile WWW

Okay, so I get all the say hi to her and actually talking to her helps, but what's the deal with a homecoming dance? Can you only ask pre-existing relationships or can it be a way to ask somebody new out?

Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:58 pm

Ok, so some friends of mine have a problem.

Firstly, some profile analysis:

Him:

- Lacks 'balls'
- Needy[?]
- Emotional
- Won't make up his mind
- Good dude, though

Her: Hmm,

- Divorced parents (Underlying issues (depression at times))
- Stubborn at times
- Passionate about things she loves
- Shy and reluctant about those she does not
- Extremely individual
- Dominant one in relationship, or at least conversations
- I don't know anything beyond that

So, they've been together for months, or a year, or a long time I can't remember. Recently though they've been having problems, and I've discussed a few things with them.

[relationshipstuffs]
Quote:
So basically, He (and I) don't know what started it, but what was probably a minor misunderstanding has 'snowballed' into a large issue. At this time, she is ignoring him, answering his questions with substandard responses, avoiding contact, etc, and generally refusing his company. From what I've gathered, she is simply 'over it'. She describes herself as digging a hole, and waiting for somebody to pull her out. She is satisfied with the level of commitment she has provided into the relationship, and feels that he is too 'needy', in wanting the level that he does.

He has attempted to halfheartedly virtually confront her, but she deemed his attempt insufficient, replying with a '♥♥♥♥ you', (as in, ♥♥♥♥ you, I'm over it).
It appears that she wants him to 'grow some balls' and that she wants me to 'punch him in the face', both expressions I interpreted as a 'plea' of sorts for drastic or spontaneous action by him. Bombshell quote: "You have to be the one to end it"

Now, as far as I can see, they can wither break up, and spend some time apart, or repair the relationship and stay together. For the purposes of this discussion, I would like any advice to support the staying together plan of action, if possible.

So, assuming they do stay together, there are two methods of repairing the relationship that I can see:

A: The slow way; Problems are overlooked, and little things are done too slowly restore the relationship to it's previous state.

Or B: He confronts her, takes control of the conversation, (hence 'growing balls'), discovers, discusses, and resolves the issue, lives happily ever after.

The two options can be interlaced to an extent, but individually, I believe option A would fail, or at least only work as a short-long term thing, as the issue is bound to arise again in the future. And they have to resolve the issue first. Option B would probably work best, if they just at least discovered the issue, then took steps from there, and perhaps slowly built it back up. I have informed him that, if he confronts her, he should have planned his confrontation out beforehand, as to avoid any mistakes when discussing things with her, that would lead to a break up.

This is all at the mercy of her involvement in the relationship. As stated above, she is comfortable with her level of commitment, but at the moment is 'over it'. This is where the break up option comes in.

But what I can't figure out is; why now? They have been together for months, and have been perfectly happy. I suppose that this is the first major (minor at first) problem that they have experienced. Anyway I'm just raving now, any advice would be appreciated.

[/relationshipstuffs]

Man that was harder than I expected. Can't get my thoughts together properly. Thoughts?

Last edited by Kettenkrad on Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:42 pm

♥♥♥♥♥ needs to grow some bawls.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:44 pm

whitty wrote:
♥♥♥♥♥ needs to grow some bawls.

Thanks Whitty
That's what I've been suggesting to him. Well, to confront her, not necessarily the literal 'bawls' thing.
Just wondering if there any other options, and if the one that I'm suggesting to him is best...

Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:47 pm

Its his call. If he's not aware of it already, explain the situation to him, and let him decide whether he wants to confront whatever's wrong. The worst that can happen is it all falls to ♥♥♥♥. Make sure he knows that.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:37 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3