View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Women... 

Post Women...
When you don't know what to do, turn to the internet. Right? Well anyways, commencing: super fantastic background structure time! I'm 9th grader in high-school, male (If you haven't inferred that yet), and I've been liking a girl for a couple months. 1 problem: We don't really know each other. Any advice you can give so I can "meet" her without looking like a pedophile?

Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:29 am

Post Re: Women...
Wait for her to go to the toilet, and stand outside, staring intently at the door. As most toilets only have one door, she is pretty much guaranteed to walk in to you. Make sure she knowns that you are following her there, though, so that your intentions are known.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:39 am

I'd try to get into her friend zone, and once they're all acquainted with me, I get comfortable enough to ask her out.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:41 am

1st suggestion: Maybe...
2nd: I'm trying to do that, but we have no classes or anything together so it's a little awkward to walk up and start a conversation with a stranger.

EDIT: More info if you want it; I have a friend who knows her pretty well and I asked her to be subtle with an introduction and I think she's trying too hard.

Last edited by Emogotsaone on Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:44 am

Ahh, maybe you can try to catch her outside of school.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:46 am

Ahhh, 9th grade crush. I can't really give out much advice since that's the way all the girls felt about me.. Jokes.

One thing I'd do is look at the people she hangs out with, that usually tells you what she's like if she's friends with them. That way you know what she's like and can understand more of what she's into, but If they don't seem like the people you'd get along with then it might be tough to know and like her more. Second, depending on who she is, be progressively intamite, as in say hi and whatever at first, small talk a bit, then after about 4 or 5 days maybe give her a small hug and talk about deeper things, like gossip a bit. Then maybe after a week, hugs can be a common thing and she will trust you more and will be easier to talk about more secretive thing, after that, things will fall together easier.

Also words from the wise, it doesn't matter if you're not good looking. Girls like a kid that takes care of himself more than looks.

Hope I helped and good luck.

EDIT: Christ I just hot ninja'd twice in one post.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:47 am

So, you're a freshman, you want to attract the interest of a girl in your high school, and you're concerned with looking like a pedophile? I'm lost, man. :???:
If you just mean creepy in general, then that makes more sense and that's what would have been more suitable to say, and I thoroughly sympathize with that concern.

I have no advice about what you should do, but I can give one greatly experienced tip on what you shouldn't do.
You'll regret it later if you persistently do nothing in this general subject due to anxiety/fear of rejection, make sure you do not do that. It's a guaranteed route to nowhere.
Also Barnox was joking, and I found it hilarious, but seriously do not do what he said. I sincerely hope you didn't actually think that was good advice, and were just playing along with the joke.

Last edited by Azukki on Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:02 am

If you don't really know her, how do you know that you like her?
Situations like that often lead to heartbreak.

Anyway, just make friends with her. If you think she likes you, then ask her out on a date.

And remember, don't try to act cool, or smart, or macho. If you do get involved, she's going to have to know the real you, and facades only hurt you in the long run.
Be yourself.

Oh, and another word of advice.
They're more afraid shy of you than you are of them.
(Meaning, you're not the only one that feels nervous. Just do it.)

Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:08 am
Profile WWW

I think you're failing to realise something, or forgetting it in the heat of the moment or whatever:

Women are people. (or I guess in your case, girls are people)
Treat them as such, just be friendly as you would with any other person that you had interest in being acquainted with. If she doesn't want to be your friend, she probably doesn't want to go out with you.

If you become friends, then at some point tell her that you'd like to be more than friends, if she says she'd like that too then go on some dates, spend a few days worth of hours together and take it from there.

And yes, please don't do what Barnox said :P

Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:11 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

CrazyMLC wrote:
And remember, don't try to act cool, or smart, or macho.

Not that you shouldn't be confident. As Ophanim will advise, just keep thinking that you're the ♥♥♥♥. Be confident, don't try too hard to be someone else, and whatever else everyone else has said.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:13 am
Profile WWW

CrazyMLC wrote:
Oh, and another word of advice.
They're more afraid shy of you than you are of them.

I would beg to differ, depending on the person.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:15 am

I would argue that everything related to interacting with strangers is highly situational!

Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:26 am
Profile WWW

Emogotsaone wrote:
When you don't know what to do, turn to the internet. Right? Well anyways, commencing: super fantastic background structure time! I'm 9th grader in high-school, male (If you haven't inferred that yet), and I've been liking a girl for a couple months. 1 problem: We don't really know each other. Any advice you can give so I can "meet" her without looking like a pedophile?

What?

Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:42 am

I think by that he just means 'creeper'.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:49 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Ociamarru wrote:
I think by that he just means 'creeper'.

If this thread gets too long and you start getting swamped in advice, just stop reading it. The likelihood is that anything beyond the first few pages will be a duplicate. You don't want to get swamped in different views and experiences and end up more confused than when you started.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next