View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 The Album of Themes 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: The Album of Themes

This is what I listen to, but I don't think it's the best one for describing me as a person. I think that one is here.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:08 am

This is a really deep thread (if you care to respond to it with any seriousness). There is music that is definitely forever tied to certain parts of myself and certain parts of my life.

Kids by MGMT, for sure. I think possibly That Ain't Classy, even though it's rap- this is the only rap song I like. Nowhere Man, by the Beatles maybe. Or is that too obvious? Something Guns n' Roses or Led Zeppelin. Some Lights song, for sure. Maybe a few songs by DFCF. Probably a few more Beatles songs, a Billy Joel, and Bangles, a Beegees (pre falsetto), maybe a Beach Boys song. David Bowie and Elton John also.

This needs a lot of thought for sure.

Gonna edit in my list here:

Kids - MGMT
I Started a Joke - The Beegees
Black Dog - Led Zeppelin
Grapevine Fires - Death Cab For Cutie
Levon - Elton John
That's Not Me - The Beach Boys
Eternal Flame - The Bangles

Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:28 am

hmmm hard one, extraordinarily hard.
But, I'll try.(in no particular order though)

Heavyweight - infected mushroom
Faces in the hall - gym class heroes
You were the king, now you're unconscious - Atreyu
C'est la vie - protest the hero
Afterlife - avenged sevenfold
Master of puppets - metallica
The call of ktulu - metallica
Blind man - black stone cherry

Heavyweight is one of my all time favourite songs and it has been in that list ever since I first heard it. The brings about so many different and very strong feelings. Same goes for call of ktulu. While blind man is there to cheer me up whenever I need it.
All the other songs have something to do with my life. You were the king, now you're unconscious, reminds me of how easy your "best friends" can drop you, and while you can do your very best to regain their friendship it won't be same.
Faces in the hall is about bullying, something that I've been through time and time again, bullying out of jealousy.
Which brings me to the next song: C'est la vie, it's about suicide, try connecting the dots.
Afterlife is about realizing that there were so many things to do in your life after you've died. Or in my case, realizing that I had to change the way I live.
Master of puppets is there to remind me that I have to be very careful around drugs and booze, it's very easy for me to loose sight of who I am and what I do, something I always regret afterwards.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]