View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 So, Robots With Brains 

Post Re: So, Robots With Brains
That makes it a lot better, at least for me
its like stem cells
although my previous still stands for all those scientists who do things like strap animals brains into wires and experiment on them
but this makes a lot more sense now, thank you

Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:44 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

metal chao wrote:
in a special cabinet in the room, moving the robot via bluetooth.

Well now, this became interesting suddenly.

Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:45 am

:shock: I just realized this.
CC in real life now that is interesting, :grin:

Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:47 am

nicolasx wrote:
I remember hearing about this some time ago aswell but I do think its pretty Amoral using animals like this, in other words I hate it
Gotcha! wrote:
Using a brain once used by a living organism to create a 'mindless' drone. Yes, it scares the ♥♥♥♥ out of me.
People playing god like that. Sickening.
Gotcha said it nicely

Rats don't have feelings like we do, you're personifying.

Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:39 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Homophanim wrote:
nicolasx wrote:
I remember hearing about this some time ago aswell but I do think its pretty Amoral using animals like this, in other words I hate it
Gotcha! wrote:
Using a brain once used by a living organism to create a 'mindless' drone. Yes, it scares the ♥♥♥♥ out of me.
People playing god like that. Sickening.
Gotcha said it nicely

I agree with Homophanim and metal chao.

Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:39 pm
Profile WWW

Asklar wrote:
Poor rat.
It would be so wierd waking up having wheels.

So What do they Call you? Wheelssss....
double post merge -Duh
caekdaemon wrote:
Homophanim wrote:

I agree with Homophanim and metal chao.

In the End this is Progress, We Cannot do much about this because such are the facts the human brain has more Processing Power than Most Super Computers Today. So Naturally a More "Natural" Computer Could be Created from Tests such as Theses

Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:08 pm

Sims please read my post you are speaking a load of nonsense
Also use the edit button

Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:35 pm

Ah, Yes the Grammar Nazi's But anyway nonsense you say? its not that hard really to pick up what i'm saying i'll break it down for "You" in a More Simple Way.

1# This is Progress

2# We Cannot Stop Progress

3# It is Fact that the Human Brain is More Powerful than Most Super Computers

4# And From this New Frontier a More "Natural" Computer Could be Created from Tests such as Theses.

i hope this Helps "metal chao" and as for the Capitalization its a Habit.

Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:56 pm

No I mean you are talking nonsense because they are not trying to make any kind of organic computer, as you would know if you had read my post like I asked you to.
Also telling you not to double post (which is pointless considering there is an edit button and also probably something that breaks forum rules) has nothing to do with grammar.

Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:10 pm
Loose Canon

This is closer to organic wiring than anything else, really.
Still cool that they got brain cells to do this.

Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:11 pm
Profile WWW

metal chao wrote:
No I mean you are talking nonsense because they are not trying to make any kind of organic computer, as you would know if you had read my post like I asked you to.
Also telling you not to double post (which is pointless considering there is an edit button and also probably something that breaks forum rules) has nothing to do with grammar.

i didn't say they where trying to make an Organic Computer, But i did State they "Could" use that for further exploration of that field.

Also that previous post isn't technicaly a Double Post Because for something to be consider a Double Post it has to Completely the Same, that has been Alter so you can Understand My Post Better But saying this that post Dose Walk the Line Between that.

Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:14 pm

Sims_Doc wrote:
i didn't say they where trying to make an Organic Computer, But i did State they "Could" use that for further exploration of that field.

Well they aren't going to use it for further exploration of that field because they are using it to research alzheimers.
Also "they are trying to make an organic computer" is exactly what you meant and your feverish backtracking to stop yourself from looking stupid fools absolutely nobody.
Sims_Doc wrote:
3# It is Fact that the Human Brain is More Powerful than Most Super Computers
4# And From this New Frontier a More "Natural" Computer Could be Created from Tests such as Theses.

This was when you were trying to make me look stupid somehow by explaining that it was "obvious" that they could use this to make a more "natural" computer and that I was stupid for not knowing that (as you said "I will phrase this in simpler language so you could understand", obviously you thought you were smarter than me for saying it) when that's not what they were trying to do at all. You would not have said this if you did not think it was what they were doing.

Sims_Doc wrote:
Also that previous post isn't technicaly a Double Post Because for something to be consider a Double Post it has to Completely the Same, that has been Alter so you can Understand My Post Better But saying this that post Dose Walk the Line Between that.

No it doesn't, a double post is where you post twice in a row. It is stupid and to be avoided. Don't do it.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... ble%20post

Sims_Doc wrote:
i hope this Helps "metal chao" and as for the Capitalization its a Habit.

It's a bad habit. Stop doing that too.
Also names are capitalised.
Also honestly you just need to take more time over your posts, they are incredibly hard to understand because you constantly spell words wrong and stick capitals in the wrong place. I am not usually too bothered about spelling and grammar but when it gets to the point where I can barely read what you are saying then something needs to change.

Last edited by Metal Chao on Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:29 pm

Stupit you Say? Honestly i don't Care about What People think of me. I'm just saying that someone could take this work and move away from the alzheimers research, and created a Organic Computer.

Now that i've stated that i think its best that we move away from this Subject because its Obvious that i've pinch a Nerve, excuse the pun.

Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:42 pm
happy carebear mom

The organic mind isn't necessarily more powerful than a supercomputer, they work in different ways. Computers are inherently linear, executing commands one after another (so quickly that it looks like there are many programs running at the same time), while brains are massively parallel but very computationally weak entities.

Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:57 pm
happy carebear mom

For one thing, neurons do not work in binary. They aren't the neat mechanical systems we use to shuffle around ones and zeroes (which are really electrical highs and lows) but a messy, tangled web of signals all traveling along and sometimes being propagated or transformed into another signal or stopping other signals.
The rough estimate floating around of the storage capacity of the brain being measured to about 5-10TB is based on a simplification that each neuron is a storage bit that can store either a 1 or a 0, and that's simply not true. Storage in the brain is volatile, based on circulating signals (much like RAM actually, though even that is a very rough comparison). Computation is very much the same, the two are just not easily comparable at all, especially since modern science still doesn't really understand how the brain can function as a mind.

Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next