View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 604 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 41  Next
 [Homestuck thread] ACT 6 ACT 5 

Post Re: [Homestuck thread] John just blows
The tubes were even coloured red and blue
And his ~ath code with Lord English's spinning ball sign required the death of two universes to activate

I can't believe I didn't pick that up sooner

Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:22 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: [Homestuck thread] "Jack kills EVERYONE: The movie"
Also:
Nepeta is definitely Gotting Tiger.
The store plot clue + her dead body + going to Derse's moon.
So far every Derse Dreamer to get God Tier has had their Quest Bed on Derse.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:41 am
Profile WWW

But Derse blew up and so did all the beds
And her Dreamself died nowhere near her bed and her realself died nowhere near her bed

Also The Huss said there'll be sparse updates until 11/11/11

Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:43 am

Read the comic and find out.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:55 pm
Loose Canon

All the weird horn things are based on an astrological sign.
Or more accurately, the astrological signs are based on them.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:07 pm
Profile WWW

Nonsequitorian wrote:
Why does one of these weird horn people things have cancer on her/his/its chest?

Why would you even ask this question instead of just reading the comic
If you aren't going to read the comic stop reading this thread, if you are then don't ask for spoilers

Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:48 pm

Maybe because he's curious and doesn't plan on reading the comic due to it being boring, in his opinion? It's a very superficial question. Responding with "DUR HUR JUST READ THE WHOLE THING" isn't very mature.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:08 pm

i'm pretty sure one of them does

Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:05 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Ragdollmaster wrote:
Maybe because he's curious and doesn't plan on reading the comic due to it being boring, in his opinion? It's a very superficial question. Responding with "DUR HUR JUST READ THE WHOLE THING" isn't very mature.

Yes, but if you find the comic boring and dull and all these other horrible things, why did you post in this topic at all?
It adds nothing to the discussion. If you don't like something it doesn't give you the right away to just walk into a discussion of said thing and say 'Lol, that's gay' and walk out. There's a reason I made a topic about Homestuck, and it wasn't so that people could muck around in it and tell everyone how boring it is. Because quite honestly? Nobody cares.

Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:17 am
Profile WWW

Okey-dokey.

Hornpeople are a species whose name translates into english as "Trolls". They hail from planet alternia, and are basically humans with horns and grey skin, as well as multicolored blood. Trolls are divided into castes, and each chooses a symbol to represent their position within their caste, wearing it on all clothing.

The 12 trolls that are protagonists of the second half of the story are all based on the 12 zodiac symbols, both in appearance and personality (along with a thousand other subtle references I won't bother to write here), and, as such, each wears a zodiac symbol on his/her shirt.

Last edited by Areku on Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:41 am
Profile WWW

Miggles: It's a discussion on Homestuck. Discussion implies anything related to the comic, including whether one enjoys it or not and why they do/don't. Saying "I find the comic dull and slow" actually does add to the discussion, perhaps moreso than endless posts of praise which say the same thing.

You do care. You made the thread because you care. Spoiler alert: Not everyone likes everything. Just because somebody doesn't like something doesn't mean they have no right to talk about it, nor does it mean they have nothing constructive to contribute. Criticism is different from unwarranted hatred.

Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:44 am

Nonsequitorian wrote:
Hasn't stopped you.

And asking why Cancer is on somebody's chest is a legitimate question. You can't say that because somebody doesn't like something, they can't ask questions about it.

Saying that because I don't like something means that I don't get to ask questions is like saying that I'm not allowed to put salt on food because I don't like salt.

non. cancer is on someone's chest. it's on karkat's(i think. ♥♥♥♥ if i remember these dumb things' names.)

Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:58 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

@Non
Well for one, it would be pointless, as it would ruin your dish.
Secondly, if you aren't really a fan, you can't bring up much besides 'legitimately' pointless questions. Because if you aren't reading the comic then you haven't the slightest idea what the answer might even mean, not to mention, it adds nothing to the discussion especially because it's something everyone recognizes as normal. Seeing as how if you've actually read the comic, the answer would be right there. No, it isn't 'immature' to tell you to read it because it's something that is clearly stated. And also because if you actually read the comic you could warrant an actual discussion.
This thread is more about discussing things that are actually relevant. Not asking stupid questions that can be answered in 4 words.

It's his zodiac symbol. That's why. That's something you could've found out if you just used a search engine. Or Yahoo! Answers or some other sort of answering website. It would've taken much less of your energy to just search 'Why does Karkat have a Cancer symbol on his chest?' than it would be to have begun an argument with me about it.

Essentially, if you don't read, partake, or enjoy the comic then what reason do you really have here?
Asking easy questions isn't a reason. For that, go to the wiki.

@Rag
Compare the amount of 'pure praise' posts to the amount of people who've just walked in, said it sucks, and scrammed. I've checked, and I've seen that every post made by a fan actually has more purpose than to say it's good.
You aren't adding anything to the topic besides bait for a flame war. Just because discussion COULD mean anything doesn't mean that you should exploit that fact. It should be fairly obvious that discussion about things IN the comic is much more relevant.
Like I said, nobody cares if you hate the comic. For all the people that do, I'm sure all they want is to peacefully talk about it, without input from ones such as yourself.

I agree with metal chao.
It WOULD be better if it was just fans talking about fan stuff.

Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:02 am
Profile WWW

Miggles wrote:
Compare the amount of 'pure praise' posts to the amount of people who've just walked in, said it sucks, and scrammed. I've checked, and I've seen that every post made by a fan actually has more purpose than to say it's good.
I never said they didn't, nor did I ever say that everyone who posted positive things about the comic gave empty and vague posts lacking content. So what if people have walked in, stated their opinion on a public forum, and scrammed?
Miggles wrote:
You aren't adding anything to the topic besides bait for a flame war. Just because discussion COULD mean anything doesn't mean that you should exploit that fact. It should be fairly obvious that discussion about things IN the comic is much more relevant.
It's not bait at all. I find it funny that you react like it is while blatantly stating that you think I'm trolling. That's the mindset of an extreme paranoid. You're going on the defensive because I don't like the comic, despite the fact that you try to keep asserting that nobody (ESPECIALLY NOT YOU NO SIR) cares about my dislike of the comic.
Miggles wrote:
Like I said, nobody cares if you hate the comic. For all the people that do, I'm sure all they want is to peacefully talk about it, without input from ones such as yourself.
We kinda have a right to give input. Nobody in here has just come in and blatantly said "LOL GAY ♥♥♥♥ YOU." Everyone who dislikes the comic has stated, extremely clearly, why they feel that way. That's just as relevant as people talking about why they like the comic, or discussing things within the comic. The fact that you don't like it- wait, sorry, the fact that you actually really don't care despite your walls of text- is a different story entirely. Also notice how you're the only Homestuck fan reacting this way. One or two have simply said "just go read the comic first" as opposed to "OMG GTFO Y U NO CIRCLEJERK ON THE GREATNESS OF HOMESTUCK?!?!?!," and a few more than that have actually answered questions asked by non-readers.

Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:23 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

My point is that I made this thread for people who actually enjoyed the comic, not people who felt the need to tell us that they don't like it. The point of that point is that no one here really cares if you don't like the comic, because that's off topic and not really important. It isn't any different than an anti-pony walking into a pony thread. Do they go there just to piss people off?

Also, if Sollux is bringing everyone to the Green Sun..
Does that mean we finally get a Troll-Human meet up? :DD

Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:32 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 604 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 41  Next