View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 604 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 41  Next
 [Homestuck thread] ACT 6 ACT 5 

Post Re: [Homestuck thread] Now with 50% more dog!
The fourth wall is basically just a hole that you can look through that leads somewhere else, and by breaking the glass you can also move through it to get there.
Jack used them to spy on John when he was still working for Derse.
Hussie used one to move from wherever he was to wherever Scratch was.
There was also one in Jade's attic which Karkat told her to turn off. Presumably this is so that when she flies her ship through this one she is now connecting to the window in her attic that is in the newly created scratched session.

Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:48 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: [Homestuck thread] John just blows
Spoilers.

Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:52 pm
Profile WWW

I'm pretty sure Dave and Rose are no more powerful than John (as in inherently powerful, it would be easy to argue that Dave's abilities were more useful than John's even when John had his magic hoodie and Dave didn't because Time Travel is pretty ridiculous).
They simply survive being inside that incredibly hostile environment because dying there would be neither just nor heroic.

Also John is clearly going to turn out to have the most useful abilities anyway
Come on, the least powerful sounding ability is always the most useful one
It'll probably turn out that Lord English's one weakness is a light breeze or something like that

Also after having listened to the Album for longer I think Revered Return is my new favourite from it, and it wasn't even on the list I posted yesterday

Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:27 pm
Loose Canon

metal chao wrote:
It'll probably turn out that Lord English's one weakness is a light breeze or something like that

Blow the coat open, it wraps around Lord English, Lord English is erased from existence.
Miggles wrote:
2 of herself, 2 Beqs, Snowman, Jack, and is powered by the Green Sun.

1 of herself, 1 of Beq. Snowman and Jack never came into the equation at all. The only reason she's a First God anyway is because her spriteself was the only Jade-analogue left alive.

Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:40 pm
Profile WWW

According to Hussie's tumblr, Jack Noir has killed every important character in Homestuck either directly or indirectly at least once, except PM
I hadn't really been keeping track but I think that's kind of amusing

Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:22 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Miggles wrote:
2 of herself, 2 Beqs, Snowman, Jack, and is powered by the Green Sun.

TorrentHKU wrote:
1 of herself, 1 of Beq. Snowman and Jack never came into the equation at all. The only reason she's a First God anyway is because her spriteself was the only Jade-analogue left alive.

No, Jadesprite counts as Jade, so does her dead body. Jack came into the equation because his power is part of what created the Green Sun, and Snowman is the other part. Jack is the red tube and Snowman is the blue tube. Because Jack was prototyped with Beq, that counts as another Beq, AND also Jack. Jack + Snowman created the green sun, Jade is powered by the Green Sun = super powerful.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:07 am
Profile WWW

Jack's power actually had nothing to do with the creation of the green sun, apart from he helped set it in motion. By that logic Jade also has all the power of Rose.
The source of Jack's power is the Green Sun, the source of the Green Sun is the Tumour. The Tumour didn't really have anything to do with Jack at all.
The actions of both Jack's were part of the activation process of the Tumour but they were nothing to do with the actual power of the green sun, it is powered by the mass of the two destroyed universes not by the people who destroyed them.

There is no part of Jack within Jade, there's just Jade squared (but every God tier is the kid squared) plus Bec.

Jade is one dog's worth of power greated than any of the other god tier players.

Considering how convoluted that explanation became though I don't blame you for being confused.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:10 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Oh, I see. That makes a lot more sense, actually. :p

Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:14 am
Profile WWW

I forced myself to read about 20 minutes worth of Homestuck at one point, starting from the beginning. I convinced myself, "COME ON MAN, THE BEGINNING'S GONNA SUCK, YOU CAN TAKE DIS," but I just couldn't. Incredibly boring. Also, before you say "BLARGH THE RECENT ONES ARE SO SPECTACULAR," I watched the newest animation because someone posted it about three times in #lhb. I think I preferred the still comics to the animation- it somehow managed to be even more boring by being incredibly slow-paced.

I'm sure there's an enjoyable story buried somewhere in there if you stick it out. It's just a matter of effort versus reward. Unless it's close to the best goddamn story ever conceived in the history of the universe, I don't think I'm going to even try with it- I've wasted enough time on it.

4 out of 10 stars

Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:57 am

Ragdollmaster wrote:
best goddamn story ever conceived in the history of the universe

I'd say that it is, yeah.

Also, favourite troll time. Mine is a bit obvious, I think.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:34 am
Profile WWW

Midna liked Homestuck and tried to get me into it, I think Homestuck is some girl thing or something.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:34 am
Loose Canon

The Tumor creating the Green Sun actually explains a lot, I thought it actually blew it up.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:45 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
Also, favourite troll time. Mine is a bit obvious, I think.

Accept no substitute

Although I loved WV more, and Bec, and the Secret Wizard
And Jack, both of them

My opinion of trolls in general was soured somewhat by the sheer volume of terrible bloodswap adventures cluttering my beautiful forum adventure subforum
A good way to make a story is not to take someone else's characters and then transplant their personalities into eachother's bodies

Also! Even hussie admits his flash was pretty confusing and has been summarising the most misinterpreted bits on his tumblr it is quite informative:
http://mspandrew.tumblr.com/

Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:49 am
Loose Canon

Sollux lika bawss.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:03 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Speaking of Sollux, I just realized:
Sollux' handle is twinArmaggeddons.
Two Armageddons could mean the death of two universes.

Also, favorite trolol is probably either Karkat or Terezi. Or both. :3

Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:59 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 604 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 41  Next