View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:06 am



Reply to topic  [ 611 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 41  Next
 [Homestuck thread] ACT 6 ACT 5 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:46 pm
Posts: 1923
Reply with quote
Post Re: [Homestuck thread] Now with 50% more dog!
What? No, this is a very recently-brought up argument, like three or four posts ago.


Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:50 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: [Homestuck thread] Now with 50% more dog!
Miggles you're the only one on the HS side who kept going.
NOW THEN, after the third or so viewing I realized that Jade summoned the 4th Wall to smash through it, since otherwise they'd probably die otherwise from the Scratch! She also yoinked all the planets because she said she'd save the Denizens.


Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:56 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:39 am
Posts: 4556
Reply with quote
Post Re: [Homestuck thread] Now with 50% more dog!
What IS the fourth wall? What does it even do?


Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:00 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 6:04 pm
Posts: 2901
Reply with quote
Post Re: [Homestuck thread] Now with 50% more dog!
The fourth wall is basically just a hole that you can look through that leads somewhere else, and by breaking the glass you can also move through it to get there.
Jack used them to spy on John when he was still working for Derse.
Hussie used one to move from wherever he was to wherever Scratch was.
There was also one in Jade's attic which Karkat told her to turn off. Presumably this is so that when she flies her ship through this one she is now connecting to the window in her attic that is in the newly created scratched session.


Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:48 am
Profile
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:39 am
Posts: 4556
Reply with quote
Post Re: [Homestuck thread] John just blows
Spoilers.


Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:52 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 6:04 pm
Posts: 2901
Reply with quote
Post Re: [Homestuck thread] John just blows
I'm pretty sure Dave and Rose are no more powerful than John (as in inherently powerful, it would be easy to argue that Dave's abilities were more useful than John's even when John had his magic hoodie and Dave didn't because Time Travel is pretty ridiculous).
They simply survive being inside that incredibly hostile environment because dying there would be neither just nor heroic.

Also John is clearly going to turn out to have the most useful abilities anyway
Come on, the least powerful sounding ability is always the most useful one
It'll probably turn out that Lord English's one weakness is a light breeze or something like that

Also after having listened to the Album for longer I think Revered Return is my new favourite from it, and it wasn't even on the list I posted yesterday


Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:27 pm
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: [Homestuck thread] John just blows
metal chao wrote:
It'll probably turn out that Lord English's one weakness is a light breeze or something like that

Blow the coat open, it wraps around Lord English, Lord English is erased from existence.
Miggles wrote:
2 of herself, 2 Beqs, Snowman, Jack, and is powered by the Green Sun.

1 of herself, 1 of Beq. Snowman and Jack never came into the equation at all. The only reason she's a First God anyway is because her spriteself was the only Jade-analogue left alive.


Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:40 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 6:04 pm
Posts: 2901
Reply with quote
Post Re: [Homestuck thread] John just blows
According to Hussie's tumblr, Jack Noir has killed every important character in Homestuck either directly or indirectly at least once, except PM
I hadn't really been keeping track but I think that's kind of amusing


Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:22 pm
Profile
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:39 am
Posts: 4556
Reply with quote
Post Re: [Homestuck thread] John just blows
Miggles wrote:
2 of herself, 2 Beqs, Snowman, Jack, and is powered by the Green Sun.

TorrentHKU wrote:
1 of herself, 1 of Beq. Snowman and Jack never came into the equation at all. The only reason she's a First God anyway is because her spriteself was the only Jade-analogue left alive.

No, Jadesprite counts as Jade, so does her dead body. Jack came into the equation because his power is part of what created the Green Sun, and Snowman is the other part. Jack is the red tube and Snowman is the blue tube. Because Jack was prototyped with Beq, that counts as another Beq, AND also Jack. Jack + Snowman created the green sun, Jade is powered by the Green Sun = super powerful.


Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:07 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 6:04 pm
Posts: 2901
Reply with quote
Post Re: [Homestuck thread] John just blows
Jack's power actually had nothing to do with the creation of the green sun, apart from he helped set it in motion. By that logic Jade also has all the power of Rose.
The source of Jack's power is the Green Sun, the source of the Green Sun is the Tumour. The Tumour didn't really have anything to do with Jack at all.
The actions of both Jack's were part of the activation process of the Tumour but they were nothing to do with the actual power of the green sun, it is powered by the mass of the two destroyed universes not by the people who destroyed them.

There is no part of Jack within Jade, there's just Jade squared (but every God tier is the kid squared) plus Bec.

Jade is one dog's worth of power greated than any of the other god tier players.

Considering how convoluted that explanation became though I don't blame you for being confused.


Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:10 am
Profile
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:39 am
Posts: 4556
Reply with quote
Post Re: [Homestuck thread] John just blows
Oh, I see. That makes a lot more sense, actually. :p


Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:14 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:09 am
Posts: 1115
Location: Being The Great Juju
Reply with quote
Post Re: [Homestuck thread] John just blows
I forced myself to read about 20 minutes worth of Homestuck at one point, starting from the beginning. I convinced myself, "COME ON MAN, THE BEGINNING'S GONNA SUCK, YOU CAN TAKE DIS," but I just couldn't. Incredibly boring. Also, before you say "BLARGH THE RECENT ONES ARE SO SPECTACULAR," I watched the newest animation because someone posted it about three times in #lhb. I think I preferred the still comics to the animation- it somehow managed to be even more boring by being incredibly slow-paced.

I'm sure there's an enjoyable story buried somewhere in there if you stick it out. It's just a matter of effort versus reward. Unless it's close to the best goddamn story ever conceived in the history of the universe, I don't think I'm going to even try with it- I've wasted enough time on it.

4 out of 10 stars


Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:57 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4981
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: [Homestuck thread] John just blows
Ragdollmaster wrote:
best goddamn story ever conceived in the history of the universe


I'd say that it is, yeah.


Also, favourite troll time. Mine is a bit obvious, I think.


Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:34 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:21 pm
Posts: 616
Location: CONTRACTIONS I DONT NEED CONTRACTIONS
Reply with quote
Post Re: [Homestuck thread] John just blows
Midna liked Homestuck and tried to get me into it, I think Homestuck is some girl thing or something.


Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:34 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: [Homestuck thread] John just blows
The Tumor creating the Green Sun actually explains a lot, I thought it actually blew it up.


Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:45 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 611 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 41  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.021s | 15 Queries | GZIP : Off ]