View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Internet Freedom 

Location: Look behind you... Haha I tricked you, I am in Brazil.
Post Re: Internet Freedom
I really think those ♥♥♥holes will shut down most of the internet sites, because there was something Crow said on another topic that was like:
"Who can stop Data from making a hacky campaign and buggy gameplay and say the game is released? No one."

Well, who can stop the government from stopping the internet? Maybe someone will do it, but, the chances of no one stopping them are... well... high.

Didn't wanted to disappoint anyone here. Just wanted to be realistic.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:15 pm

Shakatuko wrote:
I really think those ♥♥♥holes will shut down most of the internet sites, because there was something Crow said on another topic that was like:
"Who can stop Data from making a hacky campaign and buggy gameplay and say the game is released? No one."

Well, who can stop the government from stopping the internet? Maybe someone will do it, but, the chances of no one stopping them are... well... high.

Didn't wanted to disappoint anyone here. Just wanted to be realistic.

Lizardheim wrote:
How witty, too bad both SOPA and PIPA has been shot down.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:19 pm

metal chao wrote:
Shakatuko wrote:
snip.

Lizardheim wrote:
snip

Best Film i ever seen, Just sayin.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:55 am

Stop laughing peoplez, while SOPA and PIPA may be down, ACTA isn't.

ACTA is less about the authorities corrupt Congress censuring the WWW and blocking your speech, this is more directed against pirating and scam. And this is going to be used to sue everyone they don't like. Including you, because you downloaded 1 copyrighted file. Dont have $150.000 to pay for that song? Oh then you can just come to the USA, they have lovely cells for you! Don't even try to flee to Serbia or India, it won't make any difference, it's international anyway!

MegaUpload was the very first step in this progress: The authorities now have ALL data from EVERYONE that ever uploaded or downloaded something on the website!

Quote:
A signing ceremony was held on 1 October 2011 in Tokyo, with the United States, Australia, Canada, Japan, Morocco, New Zealand, Singapore, and South Korea signing the treaty. The European Union, Mexico, and Switzerland attended but did not sign, professing support and saying they will do so in the future. Article 39 of ACTA states countries can sign the treaty until 31 March 2013.

Nobody really knew about this because this was kept from the public...

Very nice vid explaining it:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:16 pm

The plot of ACTA explains (at least for me) how FBI had so easy to catch the biggest
salmon of all the rivers without giving a crap... too much international cooperation, me thinks...

Sadly, my country is one of the European countries slaved by Euro-coin, so there's nothing
spaniards can do at all, nothing legal I mean :scared: I could "VfromVendetta" the SGAE but nothing else.

@SabasNL: There are no room enough for 175 million users, I think... unless slavery gets re-legalized :-?

Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:37 am

That user information bit is pretty scary.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:36 am

For anyone interested, the avaaz petition for acta. Information in the link and the cited articles (found in the linked page).
https://secure.avaaz.org/en/eu_save_the_internet_spread/?slideshow

Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:20 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Signed that petition. I recommend you all do as well.

Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:31 pm
Profile WWW

I'm going to sign that, but beware, ask the slaver "please, stop slaving me"
doesn't work, didn't worked for Africans and it will not work for Internet.

Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:38 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Yeah, the fight against slavery was a fruitless fight.

Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:26 pm

Lizardheim wrote:
Yeah, the fight against slavery was a fruitless fight.
lol

But yeah, naxete this is a bit different really. Since the countries this involves are run democratically the elected officials who'd have to approve this care about votes and their public image. If they're convinced that supporting this will make them look bad or make them lose their next election they'll be more likely not to support it. That's how pipa and sopa failed (note that I'm not trying to say it was entirely because of one petition or anything, it was because of the multitude of effective efforts), when politicians saw public opinion was against it they quickly backpedalled and changed their opinion. Hopefully the same fate will befall acta.

Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:49 am

How reliable and meaningful sounds democracy in your sentences, Bad Boy.

I would pay for having a piece of your innocence, believe in the power of
the masses, all the slogans said in V of Vendetta applied into reality, but
today democracies are nothing but puppeteers and the elections are the
puppets what makes you think you're free, what you have right of opinion.

I start to think, SOPA & PIPA were meant to shock, to attract attention...
distracting our eyes from what could have been a real change of things, Megabox.

We, the spaniards, have enough lame anti-constitutional restrictions with
"sinde" law, so much frustration and hate lies here what the catalonian
pirate group its driving the public sue against the FBI in collaboration with
the International Pirate Group, we love to bite more than we can shallow.

Forgive my terrible grammar, rage makes difficult to write properly.

Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:11 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"Choice is an illusion, created between those with power, and those without."
-The Merovingian, The Matrix Reloaded.

Oh man, Matrix has just so many good dialogs, a lot of philosophical meaning and that kind of jazz that smart people like to think about.

I kinda relate Matrix with all this thing of internet freedom.

But I don't think that making the internet free is good for us, as human beings.

We have to get free from the internet.

Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:26 am

Asklar wrote:
But I don't think that making the internet free is good for us, as human beings.

How can you say such a thing?! Internet isn't life itself, its the most powerful connectivity tool,
it has spread more culture than any other thing, despising the "deep web", I consider it should be
completely free, no thing such Internet Police or World Police should have competency in there.

Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:56 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

We are way too dependant on the internet.

When it's gone for a couple of hours some people really freak out, as if they were going to die.
You can always see people connected with their smart phones on twitter or facebook on the public transport. People everyday talk less and are less friendly thanks to technology.

Before the internet societies did exist, we did know about each other and everything. I think it's been more problematic for cultures, since now, it's much easier to hear music that's from the US than from your own country, despite your culture may have lots of talented musicians. Navigating through the web, it's much more probable to land on a site from the US than one from any other country.

They are imposing their culture over ours. I mean, in school I regularly see people imitating internet memes, or talking about american (a term I dislike, since american should mean anyone from the continent America rather than the US) music, american websites, games, etc.

Even a friend of mine once said:
Quote:
A_happyman_xD: Alemanes por el norte, norteamericanos por internet, y chinos por todos lados! XDDD

Which translates to:
Quote:
A_happyman_xD: Germans (are coming) from the north, northamericans (are coming) from the internet, and chinese people (are coming from) from everywhere! XDDD

And that's the truth.

Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next