View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:17 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 WHAT YOU GET FOR CHRISTMAS. 
Moderator Hero

Post Re: WHAT YOU GET FOR CHRISTMAS.
I'm getting a slow cooker. Delicious slow cooked meats arrsio;sgldgnsorhbjbhjmt,h

Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:05 pm

Rather late for this but I thought I should contribute and post my ramblings somewhere other than the art dump for once.

£180 (50 from my rich relative and 100 of which from my parents who've asked me not to cash the check until they get paid :] )
A book: "An Illustrated Life"
A jacket/hoodie and jeans
A notebook and eraser (the notebook says "1970s style laptop." and the eraser has "Delete." written on it)
A deodorant &shower gel set
A bottle of pure gold (heh it's a spray/eau de toilet ... never worked out how to refer to these, it's not really deodorant/cologne and sounds gay to call it perfume)
A bottle of Budwiser with a Budwiser glass
A starbucks mug with hot chocolate/coffee mix (chocomocha?)
A different mug with hot chocolate (from the same people as the above, maybe a mistake? Forgot to check with my sister :P ... had two hot chocolates :lol: )
A box of Cadbury's Heroes
And a tub of Quality Street to share w/ family, from a friend who got it for free from work

So yeah I liked the art book and the notebook is surprisingly good (but can't hold watercolour), but mostly just the regular stuff; cloths, chocolate, random tat... Not to say it's not nice but just "the usual". I'm really happy that my sister went out of her way to get me the art book, it's something I'm into and it shows she put some thought into it. For me though I enjoy the build up and feast more than anything, this year was kind of cool because it was my cousins kids first christmas and, you know, got be that cool "uncle" figure. (not a technical uncle but we live very close and me, my sister and my cousin practically grew up together and they come round all the time). I'm envious of the whole santa bizz that you believe when you're a kid, then you grow up and the gifts grow less, become bland, and life has made you rugged and impossible to satisfy, then you look over to see a child delighted at getting crayons and a cheap drawing book...

With the money I bought my friend some game+dlc so we could play it together, I bought a game for myself (the walking dead complete collection), a 2mm rotring 300, a 0.5mm rotring 500, and some lead. And I'm going to take the rest and some money I've been saving up to build a new PC because this one is about 5 years old, my 150gb HDD is always almost full and I have uninstall a game to install something else, the DVD drives requires me to push a pin in the emergy ejection hole whilst pressing the eject button for the tray to come out (but other than that the DVD drive works fine), and the power supply doesn't have a power connector to fit my new-ish graphics card so it has a message every time I power up saying it's lowered it's maximum output because it's not got enough power, my network card is old and is running on windows xp drivers (the latest driver available) and I accidentally hit the antenna one time so it's kind of loosely hanging on, but the biggest problem is that it's only got 1gb of memory so I'm almost always over 75% memory use or maxing out if in a game. Definitely time for an upgrade (I've been waiting for this for a long time).

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:43 am

400 bucks and a foursome.

Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:14 pm

Homophanim wrote:
400 bucks and a foursome.

Thanks for sharing!

Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:31 pm
Profile WWW

Well I mean I'm ♥♥♥♥ jealous.

Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:17 pm
Profile WWW

I made an excel document to show how much I saved on games
Not as impressive as I was hoping it would be, but a saving nonetheless

Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:40 pm

I got:

- a giftcard to gamestop worth 100 euros
- a rubic's cube
- 113 pencils + an eraser (i'm losing them all the time)
- a Carvin DC127M Guitar
- socks

*It's supposed to say "giftcard" there. Don't know why it isn't letting me write it.
never mind

Last edited by Dex98 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:16 pm

Dex98 wrote:
- a Carvin DC127M Guitar

Damn nice guitar, what options does it have? Because those guitars can go from sparkly pink straight to classy clearcoated walnut.

Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:49 pm

maart3n wrote:
Dex98 wrote:
- a Carvin DC127M Guitar

Damn nice guitar, what options does it have? Because those guitars can go from sparkly pink straight to classy clearcoated walnut.

Here's the options straight from the site

QTG - Emerald Green Quilt
DTS - Deep Triple Step Stain/Color Process
QPH - Quilted Maple Headstock
GL - Gold Plated Logo
RIN - Reverse Inline Headstock
RWF - Rosewood Fingerboard

Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:43 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Aaaaand just got Blops2 for WiiU with christmas money.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:14 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Yes it does.
The same way you would on any other console.
See above.
A greater variety of controller options, and a better community.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:03 pm

>community on a nintendo game

haha

i mean i'm sure all fifteen of those guys are really swell and stuff but i don't think it can be called a community, and besides, all the fun in call of dooty is getting with huge groups of friends and pissing off small children

on an underlying note

>fps with wiiu

jesus dicking christ what

i mean maybe like timesplitters or something, but a fast-paced action game that requires fast reflexes and 720 noscope teabags? what

the wiiu controller has a literally assbackwards design ("should we put the thumbsticks on the bottom so they're accessible to your thumbs? nah bro let's put them above the dpad and face buttons") so i imagine playing fish species: dark surgeries 2 on it is like playing the game as a toddler with parkinson's

Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:44 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Sorry, but I prefer not to have 10 year olds screwing up my games at all if I can help it. Not only that, but this thing was sold out when I tried to buy it in store, and had to get it online.
Ragdollmaster wrote:
the wiiu controller has a literally assbackwards design
Roast Veg wrote:
A greater variety of controller options
See: WiiU pro controller, Wii remote and nunchuk, Wii zapper, classic controller (and classic controller pro), and even the standard WiiU gamepad - which isn't that big of a beast to use.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:00 pm

it's not hard for it to sell out when it's COLLADOODY, esp considering how many silly parents are like "oh this game is so popular my child will love it on his weeee," and it's also not difficult to sell out when a store orders less than a dozen units of the game

yeah i was actually referring to the classic/pro controllers (which are pretty much identical) when i said the design is literally assbackwards

i was giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming you wouldn't try arguing that you can effectively play an fps using the wiimote or a very wide version of the assbackwards controller or a lightgun (again, timesplitters sure, cawd no) but ok if you'll bring those up, i don't think there's any hope for this conversation

Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:36 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

First of all I've lost which one of these you were describing as ass backwards so here are some references:
ImageImage
I assume from your description of the gamepad having a similar issue that you're referring to the one on the right, neither of which I find to be uncomfortable or unwieldy with the sticks on top since, you know, fingers are a thing. As for the older model on the left which is a perfectly good method of control. My point is, the WiiU has a plethora of control systems that should cater to gamers that have hands.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:52 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next