View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:38 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 website creation 

Do you know how to make a website?
no 15%  15%  [ 2 ]
yes 62%  62%  [ 8 ]
wtf is a website!?!?!? 23%  23%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 13

website creation 

Location: Solar System T432 planet maachee on Zanzabar Island
Post website creation
hey i was wondering how to make a website with forums like this one? can anyone help. and if theres any free way of doing it they that would be great. Thanks

Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:28 am
Profile YIM WWW
REAL AMERICAN HERO

If you find a free host that accepts PHP, then, you could do this free.

Basically, you upload the phpBB 2.0 template to your site, set it up, and, bam, it's uploaded. You don't stand a chance of succeeding if you don't know how to do FTP uploading, btw.

Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:30 am

Well i got my own website, ( openopinion.com )

I know how to set everythign up, and more. to have a fourm like this, you need a server that has php and mysql.

Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:49 am

Post Re: website creation
whef wrote:
hey i was wondering how to make a website with forums like this one? can anyone help. and if theres any free way of doing it they that would be great. Thanks

They didn't "Make" the forums. They just uploaded PHPBB to their server then made a skin for it. They made the main page though. I'm not sure about the dev log.

I make website templates if you ever comprehend the ways of getting a website.

Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:49 am

I know how to set everythign up, and more. to have a fourm like this, you need a server that has php and mysql.

FFS blogs make awful layouts. You should make a normal website.

I know HTML and CSS, I also have Dreamweaver on most of my PCs for if I ever get bored. I know how to make the graphics for the site using Potatoshop, also.

I never finish any of my sites, and they all end up like this: REMOVED BY WIZARD JAMES, READ THE RULES

Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:23 am
Profile WWW

Wizard James wrote:

I know HTML and CSS, I also have Dreamweaver on most of my PCs for if I ever get bored. I know how to make the graphics for the site using Potatoshop, also.

I never finish any of my sites, and they all end up like this: REMOVED BY WIZARD JAMES, READ THE RULES

That's ♥♥♥♥ rly and no template ='(

Also, http://freewebs.com/ss13ss13

Half done site done to show off template long time agoooo

Edit~ I lol'd. It was made back when I learned rafidhazit's coding ways. Almost a year and a half ago.

Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:29 am

i'm trying to learn php and other more advaced stuff for the site i'm currently working on,
*so far i have a layout, domain name, and host... but i'm very bad at features within the site :-(

looking for a free host is usually not even worth it. ( i had terrible experiences )
you have very little control in how the site is run and many cases are required to have annoying or intrusive ads.

if you do go with a real site ( payed for ) with a domain name, check out FatCow.com *they have very good deals and a huge variety of plans for many types of websites ( windows or unix ).

but, yea if you don't mind ads or not having your own domain, then i guess you have nothing to loose by trying free hosts, in fact it may be a good experience just to test out actually having a website at all.

Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:37 am

i write HTML and Java in Notepad :)

i'm trying to learn php and other more advaced stuff for the site i'm currently working on,
*so far i have a layout, domain name, and host... but i'm very bad at features within the site :-(

looking for a free host is usually not even worth it. ( i had terrible experiences )
you have very little control in how the site is run and many cases are required to have annoying or intrusive ads.

if you do go with a real site ( payed for ) with a domain name, check out FatCow.com *they have very good deals and a huge variety of plans for many types of websites ( windows or unix ).

but, yea if you don't mind ads or not having your own domain, then i guess you have nothing to loose by trying free hosts, in fact it may be a good experience just to test out actually having a website at all.

Php is win. Learn it. It is the god of all internet languages.

Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:47 am
Banned

Having forums is not as easy as just uploading some files to a server. You have to have access to MySQL databases, as well.

Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:00 am
Profile YIM

Having forums is not as easy as just uploading some files to a server. You have to have access to MySQL databases, as well.

In general, p2use web services have MySQL.

Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:22 am

Location: Solar System T432 planet maachee on Zanzabar Island
Wizard James wrote:

jesus ♥♥♥♥!!! did you have to show us that damn website holy ♥♥♥♥!

everyone else thanks for helping

Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:23 am
Profile YIM WWW

ImBill Is now banned for posting a link like that.

Whats up with this? how hard is this to figure that theres RULES FOR THIS FORUM.

Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:39 am

Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:51 am
Profile WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Somebody's little fella was dancing around.
How long is he banned for?
Forever?

Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:10 am
Profile WWW

Somebody's little fella was dancing around.
How long is he banned for?
Forever?

Till i deside

Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:51 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next