View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Music Instruments and the Like 

Post Re: Music Instruments and the Like
I am a senior in high school and I sing tenor in the chamber choir at my school. Dr. James Jordan of Westminister Choir College in Princeton invited us to sing with his most advanced choir, so in a few days we will be flying to New Jersey to rehearse with them and get a free tour of the campus. We will be rehearsing three selections with him, one of which is the beautiful Morten Lauridsen O Magnum Mysterium and the other two of which are two movements of a piece being premiered soon by Jordan's choir. I cannot share these with you, but here, have a gander at this beautiful piece of music:

In addition, I will be auditioning for the school of music at Florida Atlantic University, and I will be auditioning as a tenor, singing Standchen by Schubert.
I am not as good as any of the three tenors, obviously, but that's the general idea of where I stand as a singer.

Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:01 am

Post Re: Music Instruments and the Like
Talking about tuning. My RG has a floyd rose bridge, which are notorious for going out of tune. But I could pick up my guitar from next to a heater(terrible idea, fixed that now.) divebomb for an hour or two on end, then get on my bike and ride out into the cold outside world, arrive at class and it would still be in tune. I'm so in love with this thing.

Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3