View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Lord of war madness 

Post Lord of war madness
hello guys, anyone watched 'Lord of war'? ♥♥♥♥ great movie, I love it. I'm ain't gonna make spoilers and ♥♥♥♥,

but, I'd like to show some fun things about this wonderful movie

See this weapon? it's actually the same used in "Flight of the Phoenix", a Star Model B, a M1911 variant.

not that much impressive, for now~

But here's begins the 'Serious buisness' in this movie, a custom AK have been made, look at this

And, no, it's not a AKS-47 or AKMSU, it is unique, custom-made only for that movie

It is really gold-plated, here to can read how it was made, by Martin Edge, an armorer at Hire Weapons, which supplied the guns for all scenes filmed in South Africa.

Quote:
"The weapon started out as a Saiga hunting rifle with synthetic stock and furniture...Here are the rest of the details:
-The folding stock is, as you mentioned from East Germany, this was purchased in East Germany at an arms fair and fitted to the weapon
-The top cover is held on by means of a S.M.L.E. rear top cover spring clip
-A pistol grip was installed and the trigger moved forward, the trigger guard is from a Vector R4
-The barrel and gas tube were shortened and the front sight is fitted to the barrel by means a flat on the barrel and a key on the front sight, the hand guard is held in position by the flash hider
-The Muzzle brake/flash hider was turned down from a piece of bar
The weapon was originally supplied to the production with the black synthetic furniture, but was rejected in favour of the wooden furniture. The weapon was actually built by Bruce Wenztel, the owner of Hire Arms, which is Johannesburg based movie weapons props house in South Africa. I was not one of the armourers on the movie as I was not working for the company that the time of the production. The armourer was Lance Peters who handled the weapons on set on the companies behalf. Hire Arms imported some weapons and supplied the others. I spend most of my time building specialized weapons for future productions and spend very little time on set. The company has 400 feature movies under its belt and seems to be going from strength to strength. I am attaching various other pictures, please feel free to upload as you like.
You also mention the magazine in your copy, and it is an early type and was chosen because of its surface area for ease of plating. Brass plating was suggested as an alternative to gold but was rejected by the production in favour of 18crt gold plating, which cost a small fortune."

But, here's the unbelivable =

All of theses Vz. 51 Have been rent to a real arms dealer because it is cheaper to rent 3,000 real guns than 3,000 blank converted props... Only for a movie scene lasting a minute.

And I bet that real guns have been used in this scene too.

But from the close-ups we can see it contains damaged guns, maybe not working ...

See? the upper receiver is damaged and the bolt catch is missing for some reason...

I discovered this movie thanks to IMFDB, and I hope it will make you want to watch it, it is a very great movie.

So, I didn't posted this topic only to show an ad for a ♥♥♥♥ movie, if you would make a similar movie, what would you use to reduce costs about weapons, for the 3,000 Vz. 51 rifles scenes of the M16A3 Mountain?

(Sorry for bad english, I jsut woke up and don't have totally my brain x3)

Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:10 am
happy carebear mom

Post Re: Lord of war madness
Computer graphics would probably be cheaper overall. You can make a decently convincing pile of weapons on a computer more cheaply than finding someone to rent you hundreds of pounds of real or fake weapons.

Long topic to ask that question though.

Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:37 pm

But does it have good acting and direction?

Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:47 pm
Forum Moderator

The detail of some of them being damaged is probably on purpose, as they are selling tons of discarded weapons at discount price by weight in that scene.

Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:42 pm

p3lb0x wrote:
The detail of some of them being damaged is probably on purpose, as they are selling tons of discarded weapons at discount price by weight in that scene.

Maked me laught. and, well, you sure about that? I don't really think they would crush a real M16A3 only to mke some details....

Duh102 wrote:
Computer graphics would probably be cheaper overall. You can make a decently convincing pile of weapons on a computer more cheaply than finding someone to rent you hundreds of pounds of real or fake weapons.

Long topic to ask that question though.

HURR that's also an Ad for it, if anyone is interested in weapons me should watch this movie.

And also because i'd like to find some fellas to talk about it.

And yes sothe, it's a good movie. with plenty o' niggas.

Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:57 pm
A HUMAN BRAIN, SAFELY INSULATED FROM THE TERRORS OF HYPERSPACE

Location: Somewhere beyond the endless sea of hyperspace, fighting for your right to call a planet home.
Duh102, I am incredibly critical of things (as you know). This is a great movie and I highly recommend it.

Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:14 am

Dauss wrote:
Duh102, I am incredibly critical of things (as you know). This is a great movie and I highly recommend it.

Yay, another fan!

Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]