View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:23 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 2012 Apocalypse - Opinions? 

Post Re: 2012 Apocalypse - Opinions?
I'm pretty sure the Mayans did not celebrate leap year. SO on that theory, their "prediction" should have happened about 2 years ago.

This "myth" has been debunked, just like all other doomsday prophecys, 100 times over. Anyone remember back a few months ago when that loony predicted the rapture? What about Y2K? Or maybe 6/6/06?

It's just silly to believe in a doomsday prophecy, let alone one that was predicted by a dead culture.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:24 pm

That leap year thing was also debunked despite massive popularity
It didn't matter that the Mayans didn't count leap years because they only counted days, not completely precise time measurements like we do.

So the 15th Baktun will still occur on the proper time :D

Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:37 pm

For more information on (failed) apocalyptic "prophecies", see A Brief History of the Apocalypse. Also worth noting is how it spikes right around '98-'99, and keeps going at an unbelievable rate of prediction past that point.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:18 pm
Profile WWW

i think it will happen in 2112 (any fan of actually good music will get the reference.)

Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:03 am

I'm going to use it as an excuse to assassinate the president and hand out poisonous kool-aid.

mechwarrior wrote:
i think it will happen in 2112 (any fan of actually good music will get the reference.)

The world doesn't end in the song 2112 you big dumb.

Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:05 am

This is a mindless, pedantic, pseudo-intellectual circle jerk of a thread. Everyone with any kind of sense knows the 2012 apocalypse is a bunch of mindless bull♥♥♥♥. You weren't asking for opinions, you were asking for a room full of people to tell you they agreed with you, because you knew that's exactly what would happen when you made the thread. Ooh look at all the idiots, they're so dumb, we're so smart!!!!! Try inspiring some actual discussion about some actual ♥♥♥♥ debatable topics instead of ♥♥♥♥ that has been endlessly disproven over and over and over again. ♥♥♥♥ NASA has disproven it for god's sake.

You might as well have made a thread called 'The Earth is flat - Opinions?'

I'm drunk and I know this is mindless circlejerking stupidity. Do better.

Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:27 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I think Harzipan won the bet.

Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:52 am

Homophanim wrote:
This is a mindless, pedantic, pseudo-intellectual circle jerk of a thread. Everyone with any kind of sense knows the 2012 apocalypse is a bunch of mindless bull♥♥♥♥. You weren't asking for opinions, you were asking for a room full of people to tell you they agreed with you, because you knew that's exactly what would happen when you made the thread. Ooh look at all the idiots, they're so dumb, we're so smart!!!!! Try inspiring some actual discussion about some actual ♥♥♥♥ debatable topics instead of ♥♥♥♥ that has been endlessly disproven over and over and over again. ♥♥♥♥ NASA has disproven it for god's sake.

You might as well have made a thread called 'The Earth is flat - Opinions?'

I'm drunk and I know this is mindless circlejerking stupidity. Do better.

man you're totally right look at all these circlejerkers being silly

wait

Angryman D. McTucker has a point though.

(the D is for Drunk)

line break

Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:38 am
Profile WWW

I really do despise the level of stupid ♥♥♥♥ that goes on here. Back when I ran this ♥♥♥♥, this sort of stupid ♥♥♥♥ would be Grif and me beating each other off and hooting like baboons while flinging ♥♥♥♥ around at anyone dumb enough to post some of the stupid ♥♥♥♥ that has been posted.

Seriously, I have yet to find one shred of actual discussion, excepting Shook's interesting little link. The rest of this thread was just vapid, stupid bull♥♥♥♥. A ♥♥♥♥ REACTION IMAGE? Are you ♥♥♥♥ with me, right now? There's a ♥♥♥♥ guy with a RAPTOR RIDING A SHARK WITH AN RPG for an avatar. THAT IS NOT AMUSING, FUNNY, CLEVER, INTERESTING, OR ORIGINAL. It's ♥♥♥♥ stupid, and so is the post it's beside.

This thread:
Agreements that it won't happen, devoid of any other worthwhile content: 12
"Hahaha fundies are so stupid we're so smart christians: 0 atheists: 1 we are SOOOO much better than them *starts up my little pony episode*": 6
Posts utterly devoid of anything worth reading at all (IRC circlejerks, horrible ♥♥♥♥ jokes, ♥♥♥♥ REACTION IMAGES, I hate all of you): 9

And about 3 posts worth reading, one of which is zalo trying to inject some decent discussion into the conversation and you bunch of 4channer retards going ZOMG THESE FUNDIES DONT NO WHAT THEY TALKIN ABOUT!!! HEHEHE SPACE JEWS xD. I swear to ♥♥♥♥ god, watching this place these days is like watching a group of children play baseball with a hamster. You were given something good, and all you did was kill it.

To conclude tonight's fit of rage, I would like to draw the audience's attention to the following posts:
Izen wrote:
metal chao wrote:
They're not landing sites for aliens you plebian, they're where we recharge our magical anti-alien psychic defence disk

I could have sworn it was where the space jews from the future landed

Reading this made me dumber. I taught myself calculus for funsies, and you two managed to just thrust that right out of my brain with the sheer level of ignorant, unfunny retardation contained in those two posts. I feel like if anything starts the next dark ages, it will be people like you. This is not funny, this is SO RANDOM XD. That belongs on 4chan, you ♥♥♥♥ swine, not on my god damn forum. The worst part about it is you could not have sucked eachothers' clowns any harder if either of you could actually manage to locate your cock without external aid and a flashlight and PERFORM the act itself. HEE I MAEK FUNNY POST. U R PLEB, ALIENS LOL. LOL XD METAL CHAO U SO FUNNY, XD I POST BOUT JEWS AND OMG SO RANDOM THEY ARE FROM SPACE!!!! ALSO THE FUTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the kind of person you are. This is what you are. Please, for the sake of my blood pressure, throw your computers into the ocean.

Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:05 pm

so who else was duly chastened and utterly destroyed spiritually by the force of ophanim's rage

i, for one, plan never to post images again, reaction or otherwise

Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:21 pm

Just chill out and get out some popcorn. Ophanim's rage makes for good entertainment, especially with some music to set the mood.

The whole thread reminds me of this episode of Wife Swap.

Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:38 pm
Profile WWW

Oh calm down Ophanim, you're acting like it's the end of the world.

:D

I refuse to apologize for that. But i'll give you this much, this place HAS changed, quite dramatically even. And you know what? I think it's for the better. Back then you could barely open your mouth before countless gigantic e-peens were rammed into it, unless you were one of the gigantic e-peen bearers (which, coincidentally, you probably were). To a newcomer, that's a ♥♥♥♥ terrifying notion. Say one wrong thing, and you'd be forever labelled as a flaming idiot who is to be shunned shouted away. If that's your idea of a utopia, fine, i'll just back away and stay with the people who aren't going to lambast every single thing they find mildly/extremely annoying. If i did so myself, i'd be even more intolerable than i am already.

On a different and slightly less Ophanim-rage-inducing note, i'm not even sure there's anything left to say on the topic. I mean, i guess a vacuum metastability event/gamma ray burst/hypernova could hit us faster than we could blink, or maybe a rogue black hole could eat us up, those would be things that are extremely hard to predict in time (even more so to actually do anything about), and could TECHNICALLY strike at that exact date. They could also strike at any other date or just not at all, however. And even if we knew that such a thing was about to happen with no way of saving Earth (or any planetary migrants), i'd rather live out the rest of my days rather than spend them on doomsaying.

Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:41 pm
Profile WWW

Thread tl;dr: People just need to realize that dates are just measurements of time. Magic numbers have no significance to the rest of the universe. Everyone who believes it is stupid. Let's all circlejerk the fact that we all think we're smart. (while laughing at ♥♥♥♥♥♥ rage.)

Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:46 pm
Profile WWW

I'm not going to ♥♥♥♥ on this topic any more after this, but I hate that even more. I'm not some sort of ♥♥♥♥ messiah figure, and I've turned into a ♥♥♥♥ Datarealms MEME. I'm logical, I don't fall for the hype, that's all. I don't possess ♥♥♥♥ mystical powers or any "force of rage". I talk a lot of ♥♥♥♥ on the internet and manage to sound good doing it because I have a talent for writing. Just don't act stupid is all I want out of you guys. Take pride in yourself and everything you do, be it your ♥♥♥♥ this morning, some post on the internet, or building a boat from wood and elbow grease. Put thought into what you do, take pride in what you do. It's not a whole lot of effort to capitalize and use proper punctuation, and it makes you seem much smarter and your arguments better represented if you do so. This sort of subject has a million intelligent directions to go, and even though the OP wasn't exactly inspiring, there's no need to just throw yourself headlong into the ♥♥♥♥ pile.

Quote:
Oh calm down Ophanim, you're acting like it's the end of the world.

No, I quite seriously am not, considering that if it were the end of the world I wouldn't be posting on the internet.
Quote:
I refuse to apologize for that. But i'll give you this much, this place HAS changed, quite dramatically even. And you know what? I think it's for the better. Back then you could barely open your mouth before countless gigantic e-peens were rammed into it, unless you were one of the gigantic e-peen bearers (which, coincidentally, you probably were). To a newcomer, that's a ♥♥♥♥ terrifying notion. Say one wrong thing, and you'd be forever labelled as a flaming idiot who is to be shunned shouted away. If that's your idea of a utopia, fine, i'll just back away and stay with the people who aren't going to lambast every single thing they find mildly/extremely annoying. If i did so myself, i'd be even more intolerable than i am already.

This place is a ♥♥♥♥ hugbox. There is nothing wrong with holding people accountable for the things they say and do. The reason it's ♥♥♥♥ now is because idiots are tolerated. We didn't get a lot of new members back in DRL's prime, but the ones we got are the best posters you see here today. This place is like the special olympics. No matter how retarded you are, you get a medal and you get to be a winner, and as a result, there's a bunch of laughable non-achievement going on. I was one of those "gigantic e-peen bearers" and do you know why? Because I made myself worthy of being listened to. Because I made good, rational arguments delivered with style. I presented myself as someone worth respecting. Keeping in mind that this is an internet forum, that's not exactly winning the nobel prize, but it isn't nothing either. The reason I am an ♥♥♥hole about this stuff is because if I'm not and I don't encourage others to ♥♥♥♥ like this happens. That ♥♥♥♥ happened about once every few months, and Datarealms was full of genuinely good discussions, not ♥♥♥♥ forum games. Now most of the activity is forum games and stupid shitposts like this entire topic. Sure, we get more users, but now it's quantity over quality. The gates have opened and the barbarian retard horde is flooding in. The reason this place is a big gay cunting hugbox is that Dan got his panties in a twist and decided he didn't like the fact that we liked his game, not him, and didn't worship his ego like a bunch of halfwit sycophants, so he made it into a hugbox and acted like if he made everyone accepted and loved and cherished when they type like an idiot, talk like an idiot, and have the ideas of an idiot (if it quacks like a duck), it would make up for the fact that he spit in the face of the people that supported his game, advertised it for him, and enabled him to be an unemployed loser for a couple years and trying to act like he didn't owe us anything. This place is not better, it's just more active. Those are not equatable. Daddy beats you because he loves you, Shook. Not because it's fun.

Just kidding it's fun, but it's also useless. You act like ALL Datarealms was was everyone yelling and screaming at each-other. It absolutely was not. It was all sorts of discussion, and whenever someone stupid decided they would thrust their shitty opinion in, we told them how much it was appreciated. You'll note that the longest-running topic still on the first page that isn't a fairly vapid thread is my drugs thread. Gee, boss, I wonder if it's because I put a ton of effort into it (before giving up because nobody else followed my lead) instead of just shitting into a text box and saying "Discuss."
CrazyMLC wrote:
Thread tl;dr: People just need to realize that dates are just measurements of time. Magic numbers have no significance to the rest of the universe. Everyone who believes it is stupid. Let's all circlejerk the fact that we all think we're smart. (while laughing at ♥♥♥♥♥♥ rage.)

Oh yeah, almost forgot about you. You always did like to act like you were better than everyone else. Shame you haven't outgrown that yet.

Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:07 pm

Homophanim wrote:
You always did like to act like you were better than everyone else.

Nope, I just like to act like I'm better than you.

Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:14 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next