View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:33 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 The Goal of Life 

Post Re: The Goal of Life
painbringer1998 wrote:
I want to feel what it's like for someone to be begging for mercy and I laugh at them for being pathetic then putting a bullet into their head for being so weak.

No offence but I really hope you are never in the armed forces.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:36 am

1. Become robot.

2. Explore space.

3. Create army of robots.

4. Murder Lizzrd.

5. Give Metal Chao a high five.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:49 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I was originally thinking of getting married with a smart and interesting girl and having kids, but after some thinking, I'm really not sure about the kids.
I do want to make a living off something I'm genuinely interested in. Preferably something computer-related.

I can't really think of anything fancy to say here. I mean, I don't have any grand dreams.
Maybe I could strive to research a way to preserve someone as an AI after death? I dunno, it'd be cool. Or not. Depends on who you ask.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:53 pm

Nonsequitorian wrote:

No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:34 pm

Nonsequitorian wrote:
Azakan wrote:
Everything is pointless, why bother?

No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of.

Ve still vant ze money, Lebowski.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:53 pm

fine here's my goals in life put in a less violent form

Graduate from high school

On the ASVAB get a good score and get at least 135 in general technical.

Go to a Warrant Officer academy.

Join U.S.A.F as Warrant Officer.

Serve for 25 years.

Retire.

Die.

(Getting a family would be kind of hard while serving for 25 years so that's a secondary goal)

Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:15 am

Find a good girl, enjoy life with her until I die.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:20 am

Because, Non, being old is awesome.
I will already be filthy rich from my career as a successful game developer, I get to spend the rest of my days reclining with a laptop and nobody expects me to do anything productive for the rest of my life.
I get all the good parts of looking after kids with my kids' kids and none of the bad ones, I can take them to do cool things and then give them back to their parents when they are getting tired and cranky and start coming down from the rush of all the sugar I fed them and get headaches and throw up.

Old people have a permit to be backwards, lazy, eccentric and angry all the time. I can shout at teenagers, animals and anyone who happens to be walking by my house and they'll dismiss it as the product of being old. What could possibly be more desirable?
My body might be shutting down but hopefully medical science will have advanced far enough that I won't forget my own name or piss myself, and it's not like I run marathons at the moment. And stairlifts are cool! I was always envious of my grandad's one when I was a kid, why would I not want one now?

Plus if I'm old it means I didn't die when I was young.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:44 pm

I'm as confused as non, do you all really think getting a good girl and growing old together is that much fun?

Personally, I just want to go to university and get my design degree and make all sorts of awesome things while doing whatever the ♥♥♥♥ I want to do with my life.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:54 pm

Enjoy life itself

Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:56 pm

maart3n wrote:
I'm as confused as non, do you all really think getting a good girl and growing old together is that much fun?

Personally, I just want to go to university and get my design degree and make all sorts of awesome things while doing whatever the ♥♥♥♥ I want to do with my life.

Those things aren't mutually exclusive?
University takes 3-5 years, and I've almost finished my course already!
I'm going to make awesome things and have children and a fulfilling family life, I don't know why you think that's impossible.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:53 pm

Oh, almost forgot. Also got to kill Dauss. Slowly. Painfully. Very, very, slow and painfully. I'll do my best to not kill him, but make him feel pain. A LOT. Of. Pain.
But that's not very important, so I'll keep it as a secondary goal.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:11 pm

You see "sitting in a room and not moving very much" is how I get most of my amusement even now so doing that without anyone expecting me to do anything else sounds pretty wonderful from my perspective.
I'll be sad when I lose a bit of motor control in my hands because drawing with a mouse is silly as it is, but that's about it.

I don't know if you were talking specifically to me though but... that was far from the only thing I mentioned in my post.
The topic asked for my plan for life, and I intend during my life to get old. It would be wrong to leave that part out.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:22 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

One of my other goals is learn how to talk in arabic. I've got some relatives that do, and I'm just looking for that moment to ask them if they can teach me. Then, travel to the middle east. Well, if in some years from now on the things over there doesn't calm down, I think that it would be harder to do it. Hopefuly live there for some years.

In fact, I could create a fundation, or participate in one, that helped the people who have problems related to all this crap going on over there. I could kill two birds with a single stone.

But first I need to get the money. I'm probably going to end working on a bank or something like that, get an important and well paid job and fullfil those goals that require a lot of money.

I might get married on the way and have a family. I would like to begin a family soon. Well, as soon as I get a good job in order to support it. Hopefuly, in my early thirties, though if the chances of creating it by then are null, well, I'll just wait more. No need to rush it if it isn't going to end well.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:14 pm

Just got a Michael VM21 guitar from my brother. New goal: learn how to play it.
I'm actually learning a lot.

Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:06 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next