View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 A Quick Question on English Stuff 

Post A Quick Question on English Stuff
From an academic writing point of view, what would "state of knowledge" and "knowledge deficit" be?

I haven't been able to find a clear definition on google, nor have I been able to make sense of how exactly they're used so just wondering if anyone knows what these two phrases mean.

Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:46 am

Post Re: A Quick Question on English Stuff
I think state of knowledge is how intellectual you are, and knowledge deficit means someone that haves a lack of intellect.
IDK, that's what I think it is, English is not even my first language, so you'd better wait for someone else who knows more.

Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:20 pm
Loose Canon

They're more likely to be defined in whatever text you're using than they are in a universal sense. Defecit of Knowledge is definitely "not knowing something" or "knowing less than others", but State of Knowledge could be many different things.

Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:59 pm
Profile WWW

Let's do a quick examination of the words used here.

State: The particular condition that someone or something is in at a specific time: "the state of the company's finances"

Knowledge: information and skills acquired through experience or education; the theoretical or practical understanding of a subject.

now state of knowledge from examination I'm guessing would probably mean how much you know of a certain subject at a particular time.

Knowledge Deficit would probably mean you are lacking in a subjects knowledge, because knowledge proficient would mean you are intelligent about a subject, if this does not explain your question could you please let me know what you are using it for, or who you got it from?

Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]