View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:51 pm



Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 What should I use? 
Author Message
happy carebear mom
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:40 am
Posts: 7094
Location: b8bbd5
Reply with quote
Post Re: What should I use?
You don't need privacy unless you have something to hide, thoughtcriminal.


Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:47 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:34 am
Posts: 2034
Reply with quote
Post Re: What should I use?
Duh102 wrote:
You don't need privacy unless you have something to hide, thoughtcriminal.

That's bad logic. I don't think you understand the severity of spying on and monitoring people on an international scale.
It doesn't matter if you're doing something wrong, they're spying on you, and it's wrong.
They're bending the internet, and its users to their will. Who's to stop them from doing something radical. Well, they are doing something radical, but everyone is too pacified to stop them or care. Like cattle. Companies shouldn't even be allowed to decide if you're doing something wrong, but I guess it's okay in modern society, right? It's what governments are for, despite how uninformed and biased they are towards internet "laws"
My business is my business anyways.


Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:49 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 6:04 pm
Posts: 2901
Reply with quote
Post Re: What should I use?
You just said "read a book about dystopias" but miss an obvious 1984 reference
For shame


Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:58 am
Profile
happy carebear mom
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:40 am
Posts: 7094
Location: b8bbd5
Reply with quote
Post Re: What should I use?
Perhaps I should link this: Thoughtcrime


Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:01 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:34 am
Posts: 2034
Reply with quote
Post Re: What should I use?
Metal Chao wrote:
You just said "read a book about dystopias" but miss an obvious 1984 reference
For shame

The reference was made after my post.
And I only noticed the first part because initially I was getting contrary replies.
Heads up I edited this post a few times


Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:01 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: What should I use?
Sothe wrote:
So you're saying you're fine with being spied on by Google?
I'm pretty sure access to your Gmail and filtering out whole websites is more than just "recording white male stats"
They have access to my Gmail because they OWN Gmail.
And they filter out websites because that's a thing called personalized search, it gives me results I'm more likely to give a ♥♥♥♥ about.
Sothe wrote:
I suggest you read a book about a dystopian society. Literally any book covering the issues of future society. You know what? Try Transmetropolitan, it's a comic and has pictures.
Pretty sure I have at one point or another, even if only, like, Hunger Games.
I don't like them too much, they're too depressing. I prefer to think things WON'T go ass up and down the shitter.
Sothe wrote:
All privacy advocates are crazy and I'm crazy.
Only the crazy ones are.


Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:09 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:34 am
Posts: 2034
Reply with quote
Post Re: What should I use?
TorrentHKU wrote:
They have access to my Gmail because they OWN Gmail.
And they filter out websites because that's a thing called personalized search, it gives me results I'm more likely to give a ♥♥♥♥ about.

You can have email databases without people within the corporation always monitoring and snooping them. And "personalized results" is still filtering out websites. What if there's something important on those filtered out websites? What if they don't like your searching patterns and manually filter specific sites? Keep in mind that they CAN manually filter out websites. And if you spend too much time searching, or browsing (on chrome) things you don't like, they will tell you to cease and desist, then put your google account on a watch list.


TorrentHKU wrote:
Pretty sure I have at one point or another, even if only, like, Hunger Games.
I don't like them too much, they're too depressing. I prefer to think things WON'T go ass up and down the shitter.

Do you even hear yourself? Figuratively, because you're on a computer. You know why they're depressing? Because they're trying to reach out to you and warn you of the corruption and misdeeds of future leaders and corporations. There are no happy endings unless you as a society make happy endings by trying to oppose such misdeeds.

TorrentHKU wrote:
Only the crazy ones

Yes so all of them. This is a joke.


Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:22 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 6:04 pm
Posts: 2901
Reply with quote
Post Re: What should I use?
The 1984 reference was the entire post? It wasn't made after you posted because the only post before that one is by you.
Unless you were trying to double post I don't know how you could have somehow not noticed it, because it was the only post since your last reply

Also you quoted it
This is a bizarre thing to be lying about


Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:25 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:34 am
Posts: 2034
Reply with quote
Post Re: What should I use?
Metal Chao wrote:
The 1984 reference was the entire post? It wasn't made after you posted because the only post before that one is by you.
Unless you were trying to double post I don't know how you could have somehow not noticed it, because it was the only post since your last reply

Also you quoted it
This is a bizarre thing to be lying about


I think its just miscommunication

viewtopic.php?p=518178#p518178 This is where I mention Dystopia blah blah, this happens first
viewtopic.php?p=518180#p518180 This is where Duh references it, after my post about Dystopia blah blah
viewtopic.php?p=518181#p518181 This is where I disregard her reference and rant about muh freedoms
viewtopic.php?p=518191#p518191 This is you


Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:31 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: What should I use?
Sothe wrote:
You can have email databases without people within the corporation always monitoring and snooping them. And "personalized results" is still filtering out websites. What if there's something important on those filtered out websites? What if they don't like your searching patterns and manually filter specific sites? Keep in mind that they CAN manually filter out websites. And if you spend too much time searching, or browsing (on chrome) things you don't like, they will tell you to cease and desist, then put your google account on a watch list.
You say that as if Google hires 50 thousand interns to scan through literally everyone's Gmail and find juicy content. There are millions of gmail accounts, unless one gets flagged for some reason, the most "snooping" they'll do is scanning for buzzwords to use in the personalized ads.
Oh, and "what if they filtered something important out". Watch this, it'll blow your mind.
What if they give me something important because of personalized results.
IT WORKS BOTH WAYS.
You'll always miss ♥♥♥♥ no matter what, in EVERYTHING EVER, and 9 times out of 10 you'll be pointed towards the things you want, rather than away from them.
And I don't really do bad things, so I don't think I have to worry about that.

Sothe wrote:
Do you even hear yourself? Figuratively, because you're on a computer. You know why they're depressing? Because they're trying to reach out to you and warn you of the corruption and misdeeds of future leaders and corporations. There are no happy endings unless you as a society make happy endings by trying to oppose such misdeeds.
Yes, I do hear myself. And no, they are not trying to reach out and warn me of the corruption and misdeeds of corporations, that's what YOU'RE unsuccessfully doing. They're books. They just tell a story.
Also humans are shitheads, and always will be. That's not really going to change, and yet for the past few thousand years despite that things have been going UP, not down. I prefer to think that trend will continue.
I can get into Societal reactions and such if you'd like but it's a lot of typing that I don't want to do without good reason.


Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:50 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:34 am
Posts: 2034
Reply with quote
Post Re: What should I use?
TorrentHKU wrote:
You say that as if Google hires 50 thousand interns to scan through literally everyone's Gmail and find juicy content. There are millions of gmail accounts, unless one gets flagged for some reason, the most "snooping" they'll do is scanning for buzzwords to use in the personalized ads.
Oh, and "what if they filtered something important out". Watch this, it'll blow your mind.
What if they give me something important because of personalized results.
IT WORKS BOTH WAYS.
You'll always miss ♥♥♥♥ no matter what, in EVERYTHING EVER, and 9 times out of 10 you'll be pointed towards the things you want, rather than away from them.
And I don't really do bad things, so I don't think I have to worry about that.

Google doesn't need to hire interns. It's easy, they use their technology to scan emails with trigger words they do not like, and have those reviewed by Google mods. That's not what I mean by important. You know that's not what I mean by important. It's not a balanced system. They remove things they don't like, and replace them with things to pacify you. You won't miss ♥♥♥♥ in meta-search engines. Like I said, you might not be doing bad things, but they are by spying on you. I mean, if you think its okay to be monitored then whatever, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

Sothe wrote:
Yes, I do hear myself. And no, they are not trying to reach out and warn me of the corruption and misdeeds of corporations, that's what YOU'RE unsuccessfully doing. They're books. They just tell a story.
Also humans are shitheads, and always will be. That's not really going to change, and yet for the past few thousand years despite that things have been going UP, not down. I prefer to think that trend will continue.
I can get into Societal reactions and such if you'd like but it's a lot of typing that I don't want to do without good reason

So I guess authors aren't allowed to express their opinions through their books, they're only there for entertainment. Dense idiot. Humans will be shitheads because of people afraid of change, like you. Also, top scientists predict that at some point we'll hit inertia and kind of not do anything for a while, but that's a little off topic. You can't intimidate me with your walltext bluff.

Why am I having this conversation with you anyways? You're a huge contrary baby.
Contrary is the wrong word for once actually. I keep forgetting how many people are sleeper google-advocates

UGH FINE WHATEVER DELETE MY POSTS I DONT CARE ANYMORE. NVM I GUESS BANANA WAS JUST SNEAK PEAKING


Last edited by Sothe on Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.



Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:01 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: What should I use?
Sothe wrote:
Google doesn't need to hire interns. It's easy, they use their technology to scan emails with trigger words they do not like, and have those reviewed by Google mods. That's not what I mean by important. You know that's not what I mean by important. It's not a balanced system. They remove things they don't like, and replace them with things to pacify you. You won't miss ♥♥♥♥ in meta-search engines. Like I said, you might not be doing bad things, but they are by spying on you. I mean, if you think its okay to be monitored then whatever, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.
If that's not what you mean by important, important being "relevant to my interests", then I don't know what you mean.
And you seem to have it in your head that Google is some kind of big draconian internet overlord that doesn't actually just want to give people a good experience on the internet. Yes, they're there to make money, but if they're bad at what they do they wouldn't make money.
So they become good at giving people good internet experiences. If something is filtered out, that's because it is for whatever reason bad, whether it be scamming, not relevant to the search, malware, illegal, or whatever the hell else.
Sothe wrote:
So I guess authors aren't allowed to express their opinions through their books, they're only there for entertainment. Dense idiot. Humans will be shitheads because of people afraid of change, like you. Also, top scientists predict that at some point we'll hit inertia and kind of not do anything for a while, but that's a little off topic.
Now you're just attacking me.
And let me rephrase myself.
If you want to make a point, make it. Don't wrap it up in a bunch of sideways, metaphor, indirect meaning bull♥♥♥♥. Get to the biggest podium you can and scream it to the heavens. I don't care about hidden messages and subtle meanings, I read to be entertained. Not to be enlightened.
Also, top scientists predicted that the personal computer would never be a thing. Man were THEY right.
You can't really say much about the future besides "Things will change".
Sothe wrote:
You can't intimidate me with your walltext bluff.
I AM DEFEATED
Sothe wrote:
Why am I having this conversation with you anyways? You're a huge contrary baby.
Contrary is the wrong word for once actually. I keep forgetting how many people are sleeper google-advocates
Once again, just attacking me.
And then immediately after, everyone who doesn't agree with you.
It feels like you're just ignoring any positive parts of everything, and just focusing and glorifying all the negative.


Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:15 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:34 am
Posts: 2034
Reply with quote
Post Re: What should I use?
TorrentHKU wrote:
If that's not what you mean by important, important being "relevant to my interests", then I don't know what you mean.
And you seem to have it in your head that Google is some kind of big draconian internet overlord that doesn't actually just want to give people a good experience on the internet. Yes, they're there to make money, but if they're bad at what they do they wouldn't make money.
So they become good at giving people good internet experiences. If something is filtered out, that's because it is for whatever reason bad, whether it be scamming, not relevant to the search, malware, illegal, or whatever the hell else.

Important id est something possibly of interest to you, that Google sees as a threat to your sterile browser experience. Not draconian, think more along the likes of masonic oligarchies. If something is filtered out, it's because Google doesn't like it, and it doesn't have anything to do with your laws, it has to do with their agenda.

Torrent wrote:
Now you're just attacking me.
And let me rephrase myself.
If you want to make a point, make it. Don't wrap it up in a bunch of sideways, metaphor, indirect meaning bull♥♥♥♥. Get to the biggest podium you can and scream it to the heavens. I don't care about hidden messages and subtle meanings, I read to be entertained. Not to be enlightened.
Also, top scientists predicted that the personal computer would never be a thing. Man were THEY right.
You can't really say much about the future besides "Things will change".

I didn't ♥♥♥♥♥ when you resulted to ad homenim. boohoo. Once again you're totally missing the point of this thing called the "authors vision". (Another stupid straw man argument about TOP SCIENCE). There's these things called predictions and statistics but those don't matter I guess.


Torrent wrote:
I AM DEFEATED

I AM SILLY


Torrent wrote:
Once again, just attacking me.
And then immediately after, everyone who doesn't agree with you.
It feels like you're just ignoring any positive parts of everything, and just focusing and glorifying all the negative.

See part 2. It's not insulting everyone who doesn't agree with me, I didn't state any specific users being google-advocates besides you.
I'm a positive person, and I like to be positive. I'm only talking about the negative because its relevant.

As much as I love cyber-activism, I'm getting off for now. I hope this thread is still here when I get on again.


Last edited by Sothe on Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.



Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:24 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 1:30 am
Posts: 2868
Reply with quote
Post Re: What should I use?
hahahahaha oh my god



Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:38 am
Profile WWW
happy carebear mom
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:40 am
Posts: 7094
Location: b8bbd5
Reply with quote
Post Re: What should I use?
If anything, Google isn't Big Brother, it's The World State. See comic


Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:46 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.024s | 14 Queries | GZIP : Off ]